BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General BlackBerry Discussion (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Help with Blackberry Curve 8330 !!!! (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=203470)

montauk9 09-07-2009 06:04 AM

Help with Blackberry Curve 8330 !!!!

We got a new puppy who chewed the edge of my Blackberry hard cover. Sprint has told me that they consider it "physical damage" and won't repair it even though the phone works fine and the only damage is to the cover..I live on long Island in New york and I'm told I have to find a "third party" to repair it. What do I do from here? I can't believe that Sprint refuses to even fix this thing...

akosnitzky 09-07-2009 06:16 AM

Wirelessly posted (Its All About the U!)

Why don't you just put a skin on top? I have scratched mine up considerably?

montauk9 09-07-2009 06:51 AM

8330 problem

My problem is that when the dog chewed it, It also damaged the left siderail and chewed it enough where the cover is lifted off a little and its hard to press the A key. i need a new faceplate and left siderail...

Motorcycle Mama 09-07-2009 07:03 AM

Ignoring the SPAM above ....

So explain why you think the carrier should be responsible for physical damage .... that you caused. ??

NJBlackBerry 09-07-2009 08:11 AM

Contact HorizonWirelessOnline.Com and see if they can help you.

TXLady 09-07-2009 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by montauk9 (Post 1466738)
We got a new puppy who chewed the edge of my Blackberry hard cover. Sprint has told me that they consider it "physical damage" and won't repair it even though the phone works fine and the only damage is to the cover..I live on long Island in New york and I'm told I have to find a "third party" to repair it. What do I do from here? I can't believe that Sprint refuses to even fix this thing...

Of course they won't fix it. It is physical damage, caused by you, and not covered by warranty.

Your choice is to find a third party to repair it. NJ suggested horizon which is a reputable vendor. There are probably vendors in New York that can do repair as well.

tsduke03 09-07-2009 09:36 AM

OP didn't say he wanted it repaired for free.

montauk9 09-07-2009 09:46 AM

not responsible...

I never said I held the provider responsible...My problem with Sprint is that it's a simple thing for them to replace the cover for me and they won't do it..I don't get insurance casue i'm entitled to a new phone every year. I just dont understand why a multi billion dollar company tells a good customer for 15 years that they won't replace a simple faceplate for me that I want to pay for anyway.

Motorcycle Mama 09-07-2009 09:48 AM

But you are still missing the point that they don't do that. You have to contact a third party repairer. That's how it works.

montauk9 09-07-2009 10:04 AM

ok

I know NOW that I have to do that...that's why I posted on here but its still ridiculous that Spring won't put on a simple faceplate for their customers if their willing to pay for it...they give you the address of a repair center and when you go they tell you they can't fix it...

NJBlackBerry 09-07-2009 10:40 AM

I've yet to find a carrier that will replace a faceplate or battery cover.

Motorcycle Mama 09-07-2009 01:18 PM

Yeah, not sure which part of "they don't do that" is hard to understand. ??

Oh well.

OrangeBDS 09-07-2009 04:13 PM

Carriers provide phones to you from a manufacturer, the manufacturer creates the phones from various parts THEY have. The carrier of your phone does not make your phone, nor are they supplied spare parts. Carriers sometimes have accessesories for sale but that's about as far as it goes. The most a carrier would do, in my knowledge, is to take care of a warranty exchange for you, if it's covered under the warranty, and I believe they only do this because they have an inventory of phones. If it's physical damage to a device, the carrier is no longer able to help because they're not an insurance company nor do they have the parts to make/repair your phone like the manufacturer would. For what you want you would have to contact the person that actually produces the phones and has the spare parts to repair your phone, which would be RIM.

montauk9 09-09-2009 10:53 AM

I got a third party to fix it...

Motorcycle Mama 09-09-2009 12:03 PM

Hurray!! A happy ending after all! :)

takeshi 09-10-2009 09:30 AM

(nm)

tsduke03 09-10-2009 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by takeshi (Post 1468865)
Why? I can't think of a single carrier that will warranty this type of damage. Puppy damage is not a device defect.

Did you read the thread? OP NOT asking for free repair.

rambo47 09-10-2009 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsduke03 (Post 1468866)
Did you read the thread? OP NOT asking for free repair.

You're a little late to the party, dude. We KNOW the OP wasn't requesting a freebie. The fact remains, and was plainly stated, that carriers don't do repairs. They don't take responsibility for physical repairs. But hey, way to chime in anyway! (y)

tsduke03 09-10-2009 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rambo47 (Post 1469089)
You're a little late to the party, dude. We KNOW the OP wasn't requesting a freebie. The fact remains, and was plainly stated, that carriers don't do repairs. They don't take responsibility for physical repairs. But hey, way to chime in anyway! (y)

Dude....The person I quoted didn't seem to know the OP wasn't requesting a freebie.

Originally Posted by takeshi
"Why? I can't think of a single carrier that will warranty this type of damage. Puppy damage is not a device defect."

rambo47 09-10-2009 03:43 PM

... not to mention the OP posted that the issue has been resolved already.