BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   Aftermarket Software (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   TeleBEEM: Human Voice Ringtones and Notifications (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=215673)

zGuy 01-04-2010 09:28 PM

TeleBEEM: Human Voice Ringtones and Notifications

I was wondering if anyone use this app and what's the verdict on it? It sounds intriguing but for $10 it better be pretty good.
Check here

TeleBEEM 01-13-2010 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zGuy (Post 1540926)
I was wondering if anyone use this app and what's the verdict on it? It sounds intriguing but for $10 it better be pretty good.

Hi! I'm the developer of this app. I always wanted my BlackBerry to talk to me, to tell me in a human voice that I got a new e-mail, or a new text message. So I created this collection to fulfill my own needs. Thankfully, it looks like other people have found it useful as well!

The collection contains over 900 ringtones and notifications in 8 different characters. There's a sexy guy and a sexy girl, a cool guy and cool girl, a business man and a business woman, and a girl next door and a boy next door. These were all recorded in world-class studios using professional voice actors.

I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have! Of course, you can buy the app on this site.

zGuy 01-14-2010 09:21 AM

Thanks for replying, TeleBEEM and welcome to the forum! Do you have a free trial link?

TeleBEEM 01-15-2010 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zGuy (Post 1547072)
Thanks for replying, TeleBEEM and welcome to the forum! Do you have a free trial link?

Unfortunately there is no trial version, but you can hear samples in our YouTube video - just search for TeleBEEM and it'll appear. We just released a new OTA version, so we'll have a video of us demonstrating it soon.

fonejunkie 01-15-2010 03:07 AM

AT&T has a website at AT&T Labs Natural VoicesŪ Text-to-Speech Demo that will take typed text and convert it to spoken, albeit somewhat computerized "human voice". You can download the resulting file and use it as a ringtone... and it's free. Might be worth checking out.

phrider 01-17-2010 01:17 PM

The AT&T site is great fun -- especially for Alarm Clock ringtones.

TeleBEEM 04-28-2010 09:55 PM

Hi everyone - Just a quick update... our human voice ringtones and notifications app is now on sale for the next couple of days. It's now $5.99 instead of $7.99.

You can buy it from the BlackBerry Forums store: http://www.blackberryapps.com/product.asp?id=44442

You can also buy it from our website (link is in the sig below). Note that the app is still $7.99 from BlackBerry App World, so get it here instead and save.

Klotar 04-29-2010 12:43 PM

How large is the application and associated sound file(s)? Or are the sound files stored/installed on the SD card?

Mark Carpenter 07-22-2010 08:42 AM

Disappointed

Hi

I bought this app. The voices are american, it would have been nice if they had UK ones as well.
Not much difference in the voices (sexy or business), they sound like the same person.
Received a link for a new version, clicked on it and now I have no voices.
Suppose I'll have to wait for support to tell me what to do. No uselful information on the website. Don't bother trying to send a message to support from your blackberry, it doesn't work. You can only get through on a laptop/desktop PC.
Takes a long time to preview the voices and there's quite a lot of messing around to assign the tones.
Maybe these problems have been ironed out in the new version, I'll let you know if I ever get it.
Don't expect too much from this app !!!!(n)

Mark Carpenter 07-22-2010 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klotar (Post 1600807)
How large is the application and associated sound file(s)? Or are the sound files stored/installed on the SD card?

You have to preview the sounds and then save the ones you want to your phone. Then you have to individually assign each tone. Take a long time to do, but you only need about ten tones and the file sizes are small. If you've got a lot of time on your hands and you are easily pleased buy it. Otherwise don't bother, it's more trouble than its worth for the money.