BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 9800 Series Discussion - Torch (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=142)
-   -   Adding Message Signatures (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=234305)

el Stevil 08-24-2010 02:07 PM

Adding Message Signatures

How can a signature be added to my email accounts? Carrier is AT&T. I looked for the BIS website and when i enter my information it says i must setup through the phone.

In the past i have a curve and was able to create a different signature for each of my email accounts. This was a great option. Does it still exist?

brill 08-24-2010 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by el Stevil (Post 1646216)
How can a signature be added to my email accounts? Carrier is AT&T. I looked for the BIS website and when i enter my information it says i must setup through the phone.

In the past i have a curve and was able to create a different signature for each of my email accounts. This was a great option. Does it still exist?

I have At&T also. I log on to the BIS and edit each email I have set up and that's where I add or remove my signature.

Dubdub 08-24-2010 02:33 PM

Perhaps a read of the FAQ would have been in order?

this should get you started in the right direction:

How do I edit the "Sent from my BlackBerry®..." message? - BlackBerryFAQ

brill 08-24-2010 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dubdub (Post 1646231)

But if everyone read all the FAQs, this forum would be a ghost town... hahahaha

Dubdub 08-24-2010 02:59 PM

And us mods could spend more time doing what we are supposed to do!

el Stevil 08-24-2010 03:50 PM

Found out how to do this via the phone. For some reason, ATT wouldn't allow my PIN onto the BIS site, but the solution is on the device.

1)Open one of your email account folders.
2)Click the menu button.
3)Go to options.
4)Go to 'Email Account Management'.
5)Click on the Email Account you want to set up.
6)Click 'Edit' when the menu comes up.
7)The signature box is in the general option area and you can adjust a few other field as well.

el Stevil 08-24-2010 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dubdub (Post 1646231)

Maybe if you actually read my question and then read the link that you sent, you'd see it is not the solution. Then everyone can stop making inappropriate smartalick remarks and we can perhaps get a little more productive around here.

My solution is posted above for which I figured out. This means I actually contributed to this forum vs. just being a leach as your comment suggests....

Dubdub 08-24-2010 06:41 PM

Well the FAQ also outlines how to do it, even though it says edit. And as I said, it would get you started in the right direction. It does provide a solution.

This is a very common question and that is why we have it in the FAQ. Maybe we should consider putting your solution there as well.

You can do via your BIS account or via the phone. I have found doing it via BIS is generally the easiest to do and explain to new users. I did not realize that you were such a BB expert.

Thanks for the info.