BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   BlackBerry Help (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   Cannot sync my phone to my PC :-( (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=247574)

iAmJuanKarlo 04-16-2011 05:08 AM

Cannot sync my phone to my PC :-(

Hello guys,

I was able to successfully update my BlackBerry Curve 3G phone from version 5 to version 6.
I love the new version of the BlackBerry OS. I was able to sync it using the BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
However recently I'm encountering issues whenever I try to plugin my phone to my computer.

Before when I plug it in, I receive a popup that asks me if I am going to charge the phone, sync it or use
as a mass storage device.

Now, I don't see that message or that popup. It only charges the phone and that's it.
The BlackBerry Desktop manager says it's not connected. I even tried connecting the phone via Bluetooth, still
no luck.

I have tried to uninstall all of the USB devices using the Device Manager as well as installing the USB Drivers from the

BlackBerry / RIM website. Still, I can't sync my phone. It just charges it. Btw, I don't see a "BlackBerry" device inside

the Device Manager window.

I tried using a different laptop, it only charges the phone and I receive a message "USB Device Not recognized." I tried

uninstalling the Desktop Manager, USB Drivers fomr the RIM website and uninstalling all of the USB devices. Then after
restarting the compute,r I decided to reinstall the Desktop Manager and the USB drivers from the RIM website.

Still again, no luck. I can't sync my phone using both computers. Btw, my first computer cannot recognize the
phone, it just charges it but it does not show a "USB Device not recognized." message.

I'm thinking this issue happened after updating the BlackBerry System Software to a minor version via Desktop Manager.
Becuase a few days ago I as able to use it to my computer. It's version 6.0.xxx something.

Guys please help me out. I tweeted BlackBerry and they told me to contact my carrier.
My Dad bought the phone from Abu Dhabi without any subscription to a specific carrier.

So guys, how can I sync my files? I even tried on using the "calfix.exe" that connects the computer to
the bootrom something of my BlackBerry phone but still It does not detect the phone.

Thanks in advance and please help me out.

Dubdub 04-16-2011 07:38 AM

Re: Cannot sync my phone to my PC :-(

Have you tried a battery pull? With the device on, remove the battery for 30 seconds or so, reinsert and let it reboot. That might fix the problem as it fixes at least 90% of all errors.

Check the top of the Help section for a thread on what to do if you cannot connect to DM. That might help.

You can also try BBSAK (BB Swiss Army Knife). Google to find the latest version.

iAmJuanKarlo 04-16-2011 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dubdub (Post 1714883)
Have you tried a battery pull? With the device on, remove the battery for 30 seconds or so, reinsert and let it reboot. That might fix the problem as it fixes at least 90% of all errors.

Check the top of the Help section for a thread on what to do if you cannot connect to DM. That might help.

You can also try BBSAK (BB Swiss Army Knife). Google to find the latest version.

Yes, I already did that. Manual battery pull as well as right ALT+right SHIFT+DEL ... same thing.. DM, like direct message through twitter?

What to do?? How will I be able to fix the issue if two computers cannot recognize the phone? It means it's a phone issue ,right?

Dubdub 04-16-2011 08:18 PM

DM = Desktop Manager.

Read the thread I suggested.

iAmJuanKarlo 04-16-2011 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dubdub (Post 1714988)
DM = Desktop Manager.

Read the thread I suggested.

Just like what I said, I've read the thread to and I already tried completely uninstalling Desktop Manager, uninstalling the USB ports, installing the USB ports and the Desktop Manager, used a different computer still, I cannot connect my phone to a computer.

The first computer just charges it and cannot recognize the device. The second computer cannot recognize the device, it shows a message "USB device not recognized." and it only charges the phone.

I'm thinking it's a phone issue bcause I already tried 2 PCs.

Dubdub 04-16-2011 08:54 PM

Does BBSAK connect?

iAmJuanKarlo 04-17-2011 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dubdub (Post 1714992)
Does BBSAK connect?

What is BBSAK?

stevetaz 04-17-2011 10:25 AM

BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife. A very useful utility....

Dubdub 04-17-2011 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iAmJuanKarlo (Post 1715045)
What is BBSAK?

Read my original response or use Google!

iAmJuanKarlo 04-17-2011 11:41 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dubdub (Post 1715062)
Read my original response or use Google!

I've tried using BBSAK but sadly it can't recognize my phone. Again whenever I try to plugin my BB phone to my pc, it just basically charges it and I receive a message that says "USB Device not recognized." I tried doing it on 2 computers.

I've tried using the BBSAK and the AppLoader program by RIM.
:cry: