BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   Sensitive Discussions (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   President Obama and Evolution (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=172128)

mriff 02-22-2009 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dawg (Post 1294301)
Genesis 1:27
the truth

This is theology. To be taught in church. Or in a philosophy class. Or in seminary. Or to your children. It has no place, however, in science class.

Dawg 02-22-2009 03:27 PM

You said it was a quest for the truth. And I told you where the truth was, just in case the "Christian" part of you forgot.

jsconyers 02-22-2009 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dawg (Post 1294880)
You said it was a quest for the truth. And I told you where the truth was, just in case the "Christian" part of you forgot.

Here is the definition of truth

truth
Noun
1. the quality of being true, genuine, or factual: there is no truth in the allegations
2. something that is true: he finally learned the truth about his parents' marriage
3. a proven or verified fact, principle, etc.: some profound truths about biology have come to light [Old English trxxx299;ewth]

Genesis 1:27 is not a proven or verified fact.

dmead 02-22-2009 04:22 PM

If God Created man in genesis 1:27 then where did he put him until eden was created in chapter 2?

mriff 02-22-2009 06:04 PM

Quote:

The quest for scientific verification has nothing to do with being Christian or not. But then again, I'm Catholic, so according to you, I'm not Christian.

Dawg 02-22-2009 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsconyers (Post 1294917)
Here is the definition of truth

truth
Noun
1. the quality of being true, genuine, or factual: there is no truth in the allegations
2. something that is true: he finally learned the truth about his parents' marriage
3. a proven or verified fact, principle, etc.: some profound truths about biology have come to light [Old English trxxx299;ewth]

Genesis 1:27 is not a proven or verified fact.

Youre here thats proof enough for me.

Dawg 02-22-2009 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmead (Post 1294936)
If God Created man in genesis 1:27 then where did he put him until eden was created in chapter 2?

You admit you don't believe at all, so no sense in even talking to you about it.

The ones I am concerned with are the ones who claim to believe in God, yet do not believe that God created us. I just don't understand how you can even say that. Its such Blasphemy

djm2 02-22-2009 10:51 PM

Rolls Eyes

djm2 02-22-2009 10:56 PM

Quote:

Theology and truth have as much in common as politicians and truth. It's all about the $$.

djm2 02-22-2009 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dawg (Post 1295083)
You admit you don't believe at all, so no sense in even talking to you about it.

The ones I am concerned with are the ones who claim to believe in God, yet do not believe that God created us. I just don't understand how you can even say that. Its such Blasphemy

My oh my!! Lions and tigers and bears, oh my!!

Dawg 02-23-2009 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djm2 (Post 1295286)
Rolls Eyes

my 12 year old does this too. I am so glad you have something in common with a 12 year old. Drama Drama

And Evolution and and truth have has much as common as Bill clinton and truth

Wow three posts directed at me I am so flattered I have gotten your goat

bigolsparky 02-23-2009 07:46 AM

Quote:

Dawg,

I believe you are not understanding much about the Catholic religion, as is evident based on your previous post. Catholics do not interpret Genisis, as well as most of the Old Testement, literally. That would be the biggest difference between Catholics and Protestants.

Dawg 02-23-2009 08:22 AM

So they pick and choose what they want to believe? Either you believe or you don't.

test54 02-23-2009 08:38 AM

everyone does.

Dawg 02-23-2009 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by test54 (Post 1295556)
everyone does.

No, they don't. I believe the Bible from cover to cover. I think every word is the truth. Now its my choice to whether I follow its guidelines or not but I believe every word is the truth.

If you believe in God as the Father, Son, and Holy ghost then there is no way you can believe in evolution. If you believe in Evolution then there is no way you can believe in the Trinity. Both contridict the other.

test54 02-23-2009 09:14 AM

Everyone, every church interprets the Bible. And being that it was written by man and then translated by man leads to even more interpretation.

JSanders 02-23-2009 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigolsparky (Post 1295519)
Dawg,

I believe you are not understanding much about the Catholic religion, as is evident based on your previous post. Catholics do not interpret Genisis, as well as most of the Old Testement, literally. That would be the biggest difference between Catholics and Protestants.

Perhaps you mean "Catholic denomination", it is not a religion unto itself.

So, would you tell us what parts " of most of the Old Testement" you think that Catholics don't interpret literally?

test54 02-23-2009 09:25 AM

Yeah I would be interested to hear about what the Catholics do not interpret literally. To me I think Catholicism interprets a lot of things more literally in general.

Also, JSanders is correct about the denomination. Its not a religion but a form of Christianity, even if some (not sparky) do not agree.

dmead 02-23-2009 09:26 AM

Quote:

is this because you don't have an answer? i really want to know what a Christian's answer is for where was man in between genesis 1:27 and genesis chapter 2. also if you could point me to the verse that tells us that, that would be helpful too.

Dawg 02-23-2009 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmead (Post 1295605)
is this because you don't have an answer? i really want to know what a Christian's answer is for where was man in between genesis 1:27 and genesis chapter 2. also if you could point me to the verse that tells us that, that would be helpful too.

Ummm, its not a minute by minute or day by day account. But if you read the last verses of the chapter it tells you that he gave them food to eat and commandment of all the animals and fowl of the earth.

And from my studies I have also learned that the days in Gods eyes arent the same as our days.

27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

30 And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so.

31 And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.