BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General BlackBerry Discussion (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Tmobile blackberry support is terrible! (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=18240)

djrobsd 10-31-2005 06:55 PM

Tmobile blackberry support is terrible!

My blackberry recently died, and I had to call support to have it replaced. While I was very impressed that I got someone almost immediately when calling, I spent 10 minutes telling them my story, only to have them say "Sir, I'll need to transfer you to the blackberry department". Then, I waited on hold for FIFTY (50) minutes, and finally got a Blackberry support person. They in turn went through a bunch of troubleshooting steps, determined my phone was bad, and then transferred me to someone else, who I then had to tell my story to one final time!

First of all, I find it appalling that the hold times are so long in blackberry support, versus general T-Mobile service. Second, I shouldn't have to keep re-explaining my story to every one I talk to.

And that's just the beginning...

The BB support rep ORDERED THE WRONG part... I waited 3 days, and got a charger instead of the new phone.

So, I called Tmobile up again, went through the whole song and dance with customer service, then transferred to BB, waited on hold again about 45 minutes or so, explained the whole story, and the rep barely spoke a word of english. Are they farming their support out to India now? The rep wanted to make me go through troubleshooting again, even though the notes clearly stated that they were replacing my handheld!

Then, he said he would overnight me another one, and apologized for them sending the wrong stuff, and what does he do? He sends it out UPS GROUND instead of overnight! So, all told, I was without my BB for almost two weeks while dealing with all the screw ups in their support department.

Needless to say, it has left a bad taste in my mouth for T-mobile. Two weeks without my primary method of communication with my work, my clients, and my friends and family is absolutely unacceptable!

delmarco 10-31-2005 10:15 PM

I was in the T-Mobile Store today in the richest neighborhood on the planet (Upper East Side, Manhattan) and got horrible in store customer service. Then I was put on a phone in the store and was transfered around just like you for 1 hrs and 38 minutes, before the third or fourth person I spoke with decided I needed a replacement 7290.

Now I'm hoping they send me the correct replacement phone and not a charger.
T-Mobile has gotten so bad since the upgrade/overhaul. I'm not please at all!

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y15...co/bbfsig2.jpg

Bear 11-01-2005 10:03 AM

Just a peek at the other side, I have had nothing but great experiences with T-Mobile's customer service. They have always been very responsive and willing to help me out.

YMMV

FLIP954RR 11-01-2005 10:36 AM

Unfortunately I have to agree with djrob and delmarco-i've been on hold with tmob longer than I have been on hold with verizon cust svce and i've only had tmobile for 2mos only and i've had verizon for 7years!!

joginder 11-01-2005 12:24 PM

Couple of things here:
T-Mobile people are good in trouble shooting the basic issue. Now their 800-# says asks the questions and I loud my voice and say "BLACKBERRY" and it transfers me right over to BB support.
As far as dead BB. I always carry insurance and had my BB dead/lost 3 times and told T-Mo that it is bad and they asked me to call Assurion and they took the claim and I got the BB 2nd day.
I can understand the people are from India or Pakistan but they should not be that terrible. it is just the disconnect between the providers and the underlying support from RIM.

stonent 11-01-2005 12:26 PM

Hmm When I call T-Mobile, it goes *ring* *ring* and then a human answers right away. :)

BLC 11-01-2005 12:39 PM

Wirelessly posted (7100t (T-Mobile UK): BlackBerry7100/4.0.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 UP.Link/5.1.1.3)

Well, i've no idea how bad it is for you guys in the states (not too hot, looking at this thread!), but I've had mixed experiences with TMo in the UK. Usually, I know what the problem is (thanks to this place) but I do end up waiting ages for the first line tech to relay that to second line tech. Most of the time though, the offer to call me back and I do actually get a call within the next 30 minutes or so from a second line tech. Thankfully, I've had no ral faults with the BB so far, but I can't fault the service so far. And not once have I spoken to an offshore call centre (VERY pleased with that)

joginder 11-01-2005 12:57 PM

Ring--Ring--Ring will go to no-tech guy and he will waste your first 20 minutes.

delmarco 11-02-2005 01:27 AM

So we can all agree that T-Mobile Service is very INCONSISTENT and sketchy depending on when and where you call from and whom you get.... :wink:

ha ha ha ha! 8-) That doesn't sound good for T-Mobile. (n) The only thing consistent about T-Mo is beautiful advert-actresses from Jamie Lee Curtis :razz: when it was Voice Stream to Catherine Zeta Jones :razz: now with T-Mobile.

T-mobile is good for replacing bad cell phones quickly and free of charge! I'll give them that. (y)

So far I had my Nokia 8890 replaced back in 2001, my Samsung e715 replaced in 03 for a cracked screen, both my blackberries 7230 and 7280 replaced and now my 7290 replaced, all for different reasons. (y)

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y15...co/bbfsig2.jpg

lrdiaz 11-02-2005 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djrobsd
Needless to say, it has left a bad taste in my mouth for T-mobile. Two weeks without my primary method of communication with my work, my clients, and my friends and family is absolutely unacceptable!

Try to get Cingular support on weekends!!

Soapm 11-02-2005 02:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by delmarco
So we can all agree that T-Mobile Service is very INCONSISTENT and sketchy depending on when and where you call from and whom you get.... :wink:

Every companies call center fits this statement. They are staffed by people. Some people care and others just want a paycheck. Some have a technical aptitude and some don't.

chrisslamar 11-02-2005 03:47 AM

I have a good one. I just called T-Mobile's BlackBerry support asking them if they knew when T-Mobile was going to release OS 4.1 and the guy told me "Oh you really don't need it." and I said " but it has features that the older one does not and nextel has already released it for the 7100i" and he said "well when you need it T-Mobile will release it"

Great way to run a business IMHO

Soapm 11-02-2005 11:26 PM

Which version didn't you get, you don't need it or when we think you need it we'll give it to you? lolololol

CyberJack 11-03-2005 01:52 AM

It is both amazing, at the same time a little heartening, to hear my tales of woe with TMO Blackberry support are not unique. The parallels between so many of my frustrating communications and other peoples are uncanny. One thing I think is unarguable is that TMO presumes you are an idiot and technically illiterate even while being polite. If you have a question that is technical I feel they unnecessarily ask me non germane questions and frustrate the hell out of you to get the answer. Often times time is critical to me and I do not have time for this non sense.

Now to give TMO some benefit of the doubt someone mentioned Cingular support on the weekends. Is this non existent? I saw their CEO gave a recent interview where he said best in class service was a top goal of the company. (I know, what else would they guy say) but he did admit there have been issues and acknowledged shortcomings.

CrackBerry NYC 11-03-2005 10:26 AM

I found out a LONGGG time ago that if you call and say Blackberry Support you don't have to speak to the 2 people before that, you get straight to a blackberry support tech.

TheWastedYears 11-03-2005 10:41 AM

I say "I have a Blackberry on a BES" and that gets me through to a higher level of support.