BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   Aftermarket Software (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Never forget to reply to an e-mail anymore - Follow-Up 3.0 Released! (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=74832)

jjrr 05-14-2007 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ijohan (Post 536147)
Very responsive customer service. Thanks Jacub!

Thank you so much for your positive feedback!

The Link2 Team

cayzac 05-14-2007 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjrr (Post 532011)
Hi,

no luck so far - the API is pretty limited. We are investigating another way around this problem.

Please stay tuned!

Thank you

The Link2 Team

Thank you! I'm staying tuned. Please report back when this is working. I will definitely purchase it then.

jjrr 05-15-2007 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cayzac (Post 536422)
Thank you! I'm staying tuned. Please report back when this is working. I will definitely purchase it then.

We will definitely keep you posted.

Thank you

The Link2 Team

Ketchums 05-21-2007 08:27 PM

Sorry that I started a new thread a few min. ago, forgot to search...

I installed the 3.0 version OTA, but whenever I plug my Blackberry into the Desktop Manager, it downgrades it back to 2.5 if I leave it checked, or it'll delete the program altogether if I uncheck it. Anyway I can set things up to do differently, and just leave the 3.0 on there?

jjrr 05-22-2007 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ketchums (Post 542759)
Sorry that I started a new thread a few min. ago, forgot to search...

I installed the 3.0 version OTA, but whenever I plug my Blackberry into the Desktop Manager, it downgrades it back to 2.5 if I leave it checked, or it'll delete the program altogether if I uncheck it. Anyway I can set things up to do differently, and just leave the 3.0 on there?

Please look at the above located thread. Please also delete all follow-up versions in the desktop manager and please try just an ota download (instead of the using desktop installer).

Thank you!

The Link2 Team

fkjr2 05-22-2007 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjrr (Post 543503)
Please look at the above located thread. Please also delete all follow-up versions in the desktop manager and please try just an ota download (instead of the using desktop installer).

Thank you!

The Link2 Team

dumb question, how does the follow up app know we are registered for it when we install OTA>?

I am so used to entering reg codes (palm os) :)

jjrr 05-23-2007 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fkjr2 (Post 543624)
dumb question, how does the follow up app know we are registered for it when we install OTA>?

I am so used to entering reg codes (palm os) :)

Only registered users are given access to the OTA (for instance on Handango).

Have a great day!

The Link2 Team

P.S.THank you for the previous feedback on follow-up. Stay tuned for the next version!

cayzac 06-01-2007 08:08 PM

Its been a couple weeks, just thought I'd ask again if FollowUp is working with Tasks properly yet? (setting a reminder) Thanks

comptechltd 06-03-2007 11:43 PM

I just tried follow up and LOVE it. It is surely going to be a 'must have'!!!! One suggestion though. It would be great if when you set a custom date for a follow up it would also show the day of week in addition to the date. For example, if I get an e-mail on Friday that I need to follow up on Tuesday, I could see the day of week so I'm not picking the wrong date by mistake. Just my $.02 worth. Otherwise it is a great app!!!!

STeve

mdlissner 06-04-2007 07:04 AM

Team Link-One,

Any update on a maintenance release of Follow-Up?

Having the program give the pop up when selected to give you either a Task entry or a Calendar entry is the big item I am looking for.

jjrr 06-04-2007 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdlissner (Post 556084)
Team Link-One,

Any update on a maintenance release of Follow-Up?

Having the program give the pop up when selected to give you either a Task entry or a Calendar entry is the big item I am looking for.

Hello,

we are still working on this issue. For some strange reason, RIM's interface probably won't let us do it :-(. So the best option for now seems to be the use of calendar, instead of tasks.

But do not worry, we are still looking for workarounds (we came up with one that might actually work).

Thank you. Do you also have any more suggestions>

The Link2 Team

classic695 06-04-2007 08:51 PM

What's the status of Tag-It development? When can we expect a final version, and will it provide any new features or just bug fixes?

fkjr2 06-05-2007 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjrr (Post 556094)
Hello,

we are still working on this issue. For some strange reason, RIM's interface probably won't let us do it :-(. So the best option for now seems to be the use of calendar, instead of tasks.

But do not worry, we are still looking for workarounds (we came up with one that might actually work).

Thank you. Do you also have any more suggestions>

The Link2 Team

I do !

1.Add support when creating follow-up to choose “task category”
2.Add support to show day under “custom” setting – now it only shows date
3.Add option to choose Calendar injection or task “on the fly”
4.Add option to have popup menu allowing us to inject follow-up task or calendar without opening item

Cheers!

jjrr 06-08-2007 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fkjr2 (Post 558001)
I do !

1.Add support when creating follow-up to choose “task category”
2.Add support to show day under “custom” setting – now it only shows date
3.Add option to choose Calendar injection or task “on the fly”
4.Add option to have popup menu allowing us to inject follow-up task or calendar without opening item

Cheers!

Fred, thank you so much for your suggestions.

We are constantly working on Follow-Up!, so that you can expect a new version soon.

The Link2 Team

jjrr 06-09-2007 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by comptechltd (Post 555896)
I just tried follow up and LOVE it. It is surely going to be a 'must have'!!!! One suggestion though. It would be great if when you set a custom date for a follow up it would also show the day of week in addition to the date. For example, if I get an e-mail on Friday that I need to follow up on Tuesday, I could see the day of week so I'm not picking the wrong date by mistake. Just my $.02 worth. Otherwise it is a great app!!!!

STeve

Thank you so much for your kind words,

we will definitely implement this feature ASAP.

Again, thank you for your support.

The Link2 Team

holden 06-09-2007 05:08 PM

Purchased program and setup using cmd line.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjrr (Post 562907)
Thank you so much for your kind words,

we will definitely implement this feature ASAP.

Again, thank you for your support.

The Link2 Team

Hi...
This software is working great.... For Calendar in Lotus Notes. I tried to use the tasks but no joy... The calendar function will be fine.

Just a couple of items to know prior to purchase...

I went to Hangango on my PC and downloaded the zip setup file. There is no .alx setup?? So when you attempt to log into the Handango site for an OTA, your faced with loading a portal software suite. I would not recommend anyone doing this unless they want an entire extra portal added to their Blackberry. I loaded it in an attempt to geto the OTA but it loaded a portal suite which I had to unload using the Application Loader.

So, I downloaded the zip and extracted the files. There is no package to use the Application Loader?! So, I then found and ran the javaloader.exe tool off the BB Developer Site and loaded the app by pointing to the .cod file. This worked fine. See link below for the correct syntax using Javaloader.exe.

nettechonline.net - Javaloader.exe Update

Also, once I logged back onto the Handango Web Site, it shows I have a registered version I downloaded to the pc but none shows for BB handheld phone!

So, a bit of masaging the process will result in loading the application. So far everything is working great. Can you offer a different site and an .alx install for the Application Loader or did I miss something?

hmeister... http://www.nettechonline.net/images/bb/BB8800_sm2.jpg

jjrr 06-10-2007 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by holden (Post 563276)
Hi...
This software is working great.... For Calendar in Lotus Notes. I tried to use the tasks but no joy... The calendar function will be fine.

Just a couple of items to know prior to purchase...

I went to Hangango on my PC and downloaded the zip setup file. There is no .alx setup?? So when you attempt to log into the Handango site for an OTA, your faced with loading a portal software suite. I would not recommend anyone doing this unless they want an entire extra portal added to their Blackberry. I loaded it in an attempt to geto the OTA but it loaded a portal suite which I had to unload using the Application Loader.

So, I downloaded the zip and extracted the files. There is not package to use the Application Loader. So, I then found and ran the javaloader.exe tool off the BB Developer Site and loaded the app by pointing to the .cod file. This worked fine. See link below for the correct syntax using Javaloader.exe.

nettechonline.net - Javaloader.exe Update

Also, once I logged back onto the Handango Web Site, it shows I have a registered version I downloaded to the pc but none shows for BB handheld phone!

So, a bit of masaging the process will result in loading the application. So far everything is working great. Can you offer a different site and an .alx install for the Application Loader or did I miss something?

hmeister... http://www.nettechonline.net/images/bb/BB8800_sm2.jpg

Thank you for letting us know,

we will investigate this ASAP.

Have a great day and thank you for your kind words.

The Link2 Team

rknobbe 06-11-2007 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjrr (Post 531168)
Hello,

this feature will allow you to create reminders for places on a GPS-enabled BlackBerry.

There is a similar program for Symbian S60 called Geominder

that uses cell tower IDs rather than GPS coordinates. It turns out this is reasonable, since you don't need to build so much fuzz into the lat/long calculations (how close to the location is 'close enough'?), and it's available to everybody even if you don't have a GPS.

I'd love to see this capability for the BlackBerry.

holden 06-11-2007 02:01 PM

Hi... The .alx is in the package...

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjrr (Post 563690)
Thank you for letting us know,

we will investigate this ASAP.

Have a great day and thank you for your kind words.

The Link2 Team

Hi, I did not want to send you on a chase and wanted to let you know there is a followup.alx included in the zip file.
Not sure why my 4.2 DM did not see this??
Anyway, the program is running fine and I have already found this usefull.:idea:
Thank you....

Best Regards;

hmeister...

jjrr 06-12-2007 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by holden (Post 564843)
Hi, I did not want to send you on a chase and wanted to let you know there is a followup.alx included in the zip file.
Not sure why my 4.2 DM did not see this??
Anyway, the program is running fine and I have already found this usefull.:idea:
Thank you....

Best Regards;

hmeister...

Thank you so much for letting us know.

We are glad you like our software.

The Link2 Team