BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General Legacy Device Discussion (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=137)
-   -   HELP! Screwed my 8700 up already (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=32259)

N8DBB 04-17-2006 07:30 PM

HELP! Screwed my 8700 up already

Ok, I went to wipe the handset...
In the process of that happening, the battery came out (I had the cover off). I put the battery back in and now its just the hour glass going round and round and round and round...
Help please???

finch 04-17-2006 07:47 PM

Download the javaloader.exe, wipe the device and reload the OS

idealist 04-20-2006 08:47 AM

I am having problems with my 8700 also, just received it 2 days ago. Do I need to download the javaloader program to wipe my 8700g? and how do I wipe without using the wrong password? I have searched the posts and there is a gizillion posts to search.

Thanks

justin.culp 04-20-2006 09:30 AM

Yep. A fantastic utility.

Get it here.

corruptblitz 04-20-2006 09:35 AM

Options>Security Options>General Settings>Click Trackwheel>Wipe Handheld.

Won't remove apps though, need javaloader for that.

cooperpwc 04-20-2006 11:30 AM

Another possibility: If the OS install failed, take out the battery again and put it back in. Hopefully the hour glass will go away and you will get a rectangle with three symbols within and a numbered error message beneath. If so, you can reinitiate installation of the OS without Javaloader.
Desktop Manager will not recognise your crippled Blackberry but go into the Applications Loader and ask it to find device. It will say no device found and suggest COMS 1. Click on that suggestion and it will find your Blackberry and display USB and your PIN number. You can then proceed with the load.
This is a smart feature of the 8700. Even if the OS has been wiped and the new installation failed, the communication protocol is retained somewhere deep within and recovery is possible.

idealist 04-20-2006 05:52 PM

Successful wipe and re-installation of 87g, and everything is looking good now guys.

Thanks Justin, Corrupt, and Coop.

PDM 06-12-2007 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooperpwc (Post 218781)
Another possibility: If the OS install failed, take out the battery again and put it back in. Hopefully the hour glass will go away and you will get a rectangle with three symbols within and a numbered error message beneath. If so, you can reinitiate installation of the OS without Javaloader.
Desktop Manager will not recognise your crippled Blackberry but go into the Applications Loader and ask it to find device. It will say no device found and suggest COMS 1. Click on that suggestion and it will find your Blackberry and display USB and your PIN number. You can then proceed with the load.
[...]

I have the above mentioned screen with number 507 beneath. The Application Loader cae up with COM3 I proceeded to click on "Detect communication port" and then "Next".

But, I keep on getting a message "Unable to connect to the device"

Anyone, have any suggestions? It all went wrong during the OS upgrade.... _sigh_

PDM 06-12-2007 07:43 PM

Reboot the notebook and started the process again.... and hey presto!

Its updating my device as I type.

Many thanks "cooperpwc" for the tip - a real life-saver!!!