BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 9700 Series Discussion - Bold 2 (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   Install OS 6 for Blackberry 9700 (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=239323)

hienpham 11-04-2010 12:37 AM

Install OS 6 for Blackberry 9700

Please s.o help me install OS6 for BB 9700. Thanks a lot

Suto01 11-04-2010 08:05 AM

Can you explain what your problem is?

Can you explain what your problem is? If have just installed OS 6, just as any other device update

hienpham 11-04-2010 08:47 PM

I haven't installled it yet. Having read the comments from those who have installed OS6 to their BB9700, some are happy and some aren't. I'm quite new to BB9700 so I feel quite nervous to install it. I just wonder if I can have step-by-step installion os6, and if I fail, can I reverse to OS5. May thanks

Howard S. 11-04-2010 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hienpham (Post 1671252)
I haven't installled it yet. Having read the comments from those who have installed OS6 to their BB9700, some are happy and some aren't. I'm quite new to BB9700 so I feel quite nervous to install it. I just wonder if I can have step-by-step installion os6, and if I fail, can I reverse to OS5. May thanks

Just an opinion, but being new to the 9700 you may want to wait and get a better feel for the phone before plunging ahead with OS 6 right now. Also, I would recommend waiting until it's a posted official update at the top of this forum. Installation instructions will be posted with the update.

ssb16 11-04-2010 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Howard S. (Post 1671254)
Just an opinion, but being new to the 9700 you may want to wait and get a better feel for the phone before plunging ahead with OS 6 right now. Also, I would recommend waiting until it's a posted official update at the top of this forum. Installation instructions will be posted with the update.

The question I have is where are you getting the file from? There has been no official release from RIM nor any I see on this site (which I trust). Agree with Howard that you should wait before plunging in or else you may regret it
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

joginder 11-04-2010 11:54 PM

Agree, with others on this. Since OS5 and OS6 has big diff in the interface and style, it may be too much a change for new users. Enjoy current OS and once you have good orientation then you might think with more confidence to jump over to newer OS and hopefully by then an official release will be out here on forum.

Suto01 11-05-2010 03:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssb16 (Post 1671257)
The question I have is where are you getting the file from? There has been no official release from RIM nor any I see on this site (which I trust). Agree with Howard that you should wait before plunging in or else you may regret it

google for 9700M_PBr6.0.0_rel1202_PL6.6.0.50_A6.0.0.344

NJBlackBerry 11-05-2010 05:35 AM

Or, you could even look right here on this forum and find it...

http://www.blackberryforums.com/beta...0-0-344-a.html

It's all right here.

althoos 11-06-2010 01:31 PM

Instant Messenger PROBLEM

HI,
I've upgraded my phone to O.S 6.0... nw wen i downloaded google talk n yahoo messenger, it gets downloaded but can;t open it... a dialogue "uncaught exception: java.lang.nullpointer exception " comes... pls help me...

hienpham 11-06-2010 06:06 PM

Thank you for your opinion. I just wait until the new OS6 offically released. I think it's easier and safer to install with the instructions. For the time being, just enjoy what I have. "If it ain't broke, why fix it" or I'll regret. Regards

racs 11-08-2010 02:46 AM

Its funny how people react on answers of others. Just install it and do like u just got a new phone. Like when I would switch to let's say a samsung I have to get used to the new operating system also.

The upgrade go's like every other update and if your new, just read the instructions good everything is covered. Its easy to do. Only the Tmobile blackberry's need some attention cause they need to remove 2 files before upgrading.

As for the Google Talk I just downloaded it and it works. Do a battery pull please and try again.

Just remember that its a leaked version and it has some buggs and some apps might not work propperly.

Just do it Blackberry ;).

And I'm also a Tmobile user and use the leaked OS6.0

Howard S. 11-08-2010 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racs (Post 1672211)
Its funny how people react on answers of others. Just install it and do like u just got a new phone. Like when I would switch to let's say a samsung I have to get used to the new operating system also.

The upgrade go's like every other update and if your new, just read the instructions good everything is covered. Its easy to do. Only the Tmobile blackberry's need some attention cause they need to remove 2 files before upgrading.

As for the Google Talk I just downloaded it and it works. Do a battery pull please and try again.

Just remember that its a leaked version and it has some buggs and some apps might not work propperly.

Just do it Blackberry ;).

And I'm also a Tmobile user and use the leaked OS6.0

It's actually called a "word to the wise is sufficient". The OP is brand new to the 9700, doesn't even know phone yet, and you're actually recommending him try a buggy beta OS? I wouldn't call that good advise.

racs 11-08-2010 11:55 AM

I did the same thing a few years ago. Bought the curve 8320 and jumped right in and I went true allota bb's. His curiosity brought him here so he wants to explore. So let him I would say. I survived and now I know allot of tbe blackberry to tell you that there could go almost go nothing wrong with loading to the 6.0 if your not familiar with the phone. But the first time is always different and makes you think that something is wrong but its not ;).

So yes, I would tell him to load that mother shot your mouth on his BoLd Nine! Thousant! Seven! Hundred! Baby.

And I quote myself: "Just remember that its a leaked version and it has some buggs and some apps might not work propperly."

Just read the instructions good. And I quote myself again "Only the Tmobile blackberry's need some attention cause they need to remove 2 files before upgrading." And do a battery pull when the OS is loaded.

I would give somebody bad advice when I find him on the streets and he is a noob and doesn't know anything about computers and tell him to upgrade his phone to OS6.0 That would be bad advice. But when somebody is looking for it he's ready my friend.

I don't think your first time loading an OS on a phone was when you where experienced. I think you thought your phone would die ;). I can keep on winking bro but I only work with beta's.

Holla at ya boy Wink Wink winker lol..

stevew 11-09-2010 09:16 AM

What a brainless twit...if anyone could even understand your spew.

Thiego-uk 11-10-2010 07:28 AM

I have been into BB for over 2 years and just now that I decided to upgrade to a unofficial OS (not from my carrier) which isnt authorized by RIM neither. I only did it because of all the beneficts on this new OS would be worth the shot and I didnt do in the past cause I was never confident enough also never thought the upgrade would be really worth.
Im really happy with OS6 so far. Still, there are somethings that could be better but it's a huge jump from the old OS5. If your new to OS5 you shouldnt have complains about it yet so go on and experiment it. When you feel confident to upgrade it you can do it.

"JUST ONE THING": Always have a backup handy!!!

Matrix Leader 11-14-2010 09:27 AM

Re: Install OS 6 for Blackberry 9700

Download the Operating System from the below link:

9700M_PBr6.0.0_rel1202_PL6.6.0.50_A6.0.0.344.exe - download

Make sure you create a backup before you perform the below!

Instructions For Installation:

1) Install the *.exe file you just downloaded.

2) Navigate to Computer >>> C: >>> Program Files >>> Common Files >>> Research in Motion >>> Apploader

3) Delete the file named vendor.xml

4) Connect your BlackBerry through the USB port

5) Run loader.exe

6) Follow the on-screen instructions and enjoy.

NJBlackBerry 11-14-2010 09:38 AM

Re: Install OS 6 for Blackberry 9700

Ten page thread on it Matrix...

http://www.blackberryforums.com/beta...-344-a-10.html

Please search before posting. Thank you.