BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   Aftermarket Software (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Beta test for new version of SlickTasks (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=210706)

datl 11-16-2009 12:10 PM

Beta test for new version of SlickTasks

Hi all, I need some beta testers for new version of SlickTasks - the tree-structure task management application for BlackBerry. We improved it a lot from the public version 1.1.2.1, with confident that SlickTasks is one of the best task management softwares available for BlackBerry. The most significant changes at the current state of SlickTasks:
- You can view the number of overdue tasks on the home screen. A
visual reminder.
- Highly optimized for QWERTY keyboard. New shortcuts available: F
(Filtering), G (Grouping), T (Today), W (Weekly Planner), D (Edit due
date), Alt+I (Collapse All Tasks)
- You can add task into categories (may called 'context' - a GTD term,
in other softwares).
- You can filter tasks by category in to-do-list view (shortcut F)
- You can group tasks by some criteria (shortcut G)
- Two special grouping modes: Today View (shortcut T) and Weekly
Planner View (Shortcut W)
- You can add new task from to To-Do-List View, no need to switch back to Outline View.
- Storm users: Quickly switching between To-Do View/Outline View by
performing a horizontal swipe
- Search feature is improved
- SlickTasks will provide free trial from this version.

If you want to join in beta test, just drop me an email, and remember to let me know about your BlackBerry model, your OS version, your device PIN (SlickTasks has a fully functional 7 days trial, and beta tester will get a free activation code based on your PIN), and the most important, how you used SlickTasks and what you feel/want about SlickTasks :oops:. My email is [email address]

Information about SlickTasks:
Homepage: SlickTasks | BlackBerry Task Management app
App World: BlackBerry App World - SlickTasks
Mobihand: SlickTasks - Personal Productivity Blackberry Software

Best regards ,
Dat Luong

adamlau 11-17-2009 12:47 AM

Email sent (y)

tj13 11-17-2009 07:58 PM

Wirelessly posted

I'm interested, email sent.

fkjr2 11-19-2009 03:01 AM

Hi - how can we give/get feedback for this beta?

datl 12-08-2009 09:59 AM

Hi Fred, I received your feedback. Will try to implement real-time sync with native task app in future.

Electrikk 02-01-2010 05:56 AM

Slick Task feedback

I have used a planning system for quite some time and have gone through many half baked solutions. In short, I can see Slick Task has the potential of making a great tool for managing simple todos (which many simple system can do) to being used as a planning tool. It is fast, slick (no pun intended) and with a host of hot keys, easy to access information.

Some thoughts for future developments; you need the ability to see what you see in SlickTask on the desktop because once it gets big, it can be difficult to manage the whole plan from the BB. simply synching to Outlook or Lotus Notes may not help too much if you can't see the tree view and what is being planned over time.
Having an export capability to excel could be a great asset for sharing Project plans developed in the tree view.
Ability to prioritize beyond low,med,high; e.g. L1,L2,L3, M1,M2, H1,H2 can help organize todos due all the same day without having to play around with due time.
Not sure if it is there but ability to email tasks or entire plans would be very helpful

Cheers.

unload 02-16-2010 02:29 PM

I want join...Thank you!
Bold OS5
PIN:2553cd56
my email:lwl.crv@gmail.com