BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 8900 Series Discussion - Javelin (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   Problem sending SMS messages (more over UMA) (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=204703)

fzfrank 09-19-2009 08:30 AM

Problem sending SMS messages (more over UMA)

Lately I've been having problems sending text messages. Most of the time it works fine, but sometimes I get a red 'x' next to the message indicating the message didn't go through. It seems to happen more with UMA -- in that case, I turn WiFi off and re-send the message over the mobile network.

This might've starting happening after my last OS update 1-2 months ago, but I can't be sure.

Any help would be appreciated.

TMobile 8900 Curve
v4.6.1.231 (platform 4.6.1.108)

ndub33 09-19-2009 09:06 AM

Hvae you given T-Mobile a call about this? I believe that this is something that they can correct on their end.

fzfrank 09-19-2009 09:18 AM

Thanks. I'll try that. I don't normally like to do that because it typically takes 30-60 minutes and doesn't always solve a problem. Sounds like this is something they can help with though.

dankarlinski 09-19-2009 04:50 PM

Wirelessly posted (White and Nerdy)

Indeed. I had them fix mine. Its something to do with the sms server while UMA. I think they just reset the sms feature or something like that. Only takes a few minutes

fzfrank 09-19-2009 07:04 PM

Called T-Mobile, got transferred around a bit. One guy told me to pull the battery for a few minutes and put it back in, another guy told me it's probably my WiFi router (It's not), then the Blackberry UMA guy said he reset something. He told me he'll call me in a week to see if I'm still having problems -- I like that.

The whole call took over 30 minutes, but if it's fixed I'm happy.

fzfrank 09-22-2009 05:58 AM

Wirelessly posted

Oh well. That didn't work. Had problems sending text messages over UMA last night.

nahor 09-25-2009 02:58 PM

there's some major issues going on all week with BB as a whole. I too seem to find that while I'm on UMA. My quick fix is I see a sms not go thru while I'm home, I quickly switch from Wifi preferred to mobile network preferred then the sms msg goes thru. Try and see if that works. Cause I tried rebooting my router, my cable modem, battery pulls and it seems there is likely still some glitches with BB system as a whole.

Like earlier in the week there were major outages across the nation as in no one was receiving emails or couldnt attach to Facebook

egotistic 10-01-2009 07:16 AM

I have the same problesm as the OP, but i dont have the luxury of switch form wifi to mobile newtwork, as im in the USAF currently deployed overseas. It worked fine with no problems for about 2 months, now in the last couple months or so ive been getting the red x of death more and more frequently it seems.
I do a battery pull and works for maybe 1 or 2 messages but then resorts back to the red x. I upgraded the firmware to v4.6.1.231 (platform 4.2.0.108) a few days ago to see if that would help and sadly it has not.
Any advice anyone might have is greatly aprreciated.

TheBigNewt 10-01-2009 03:11 PM

Whatever you do, do NOT mess with the firmware/OS if it worked fine before. SMS/MMS problems are virtually always due to the carrier's network. At times they go south, unfortunately when you call them some of the reps know they're having a network problem and some do not. If you can surf the web/call using UMA then it's not that.