BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 8900 Series Discussion - Javelin (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   OS: 8900 4.6.1.317/4.6.1.206 (English + Multi Language) (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=185084)

g_calderone 05-10-2009 01:58 AM

has this really helped people with their battery life on 8900?

i uprgaded to this, today about maybe 30 emails, 15 or so text messages a couple BBMs , Wi Fi on and 2 phone calls that lasted about maybe 3 minutes each.

I took my phone off the charger around 1pm and I checked battery life around 11 pm and half of my battery was gone..

bfdtpkt 05-10-2009 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovescakemix (Post 1377619)
that is the desktop manager software version,
not the OS version that is on the phone.

to find the software version on the phone go to options > About
and that will tell you what version. should look like v4.6.1.xx

Oh, you're right lovescakemix..... my version is 4.6.1.101.........
and I just purchased this phone this week, as I previously said, In the Republic of Panama.

Using this 8900 OUTSIDE of the USA, is there any reason I should not download this new software?

Will it run substantially better with this new software?

(As you can see, I'm a little reluctant to mess with this kind of stuff since I'm not really "pooter" knowledgeable, but I'm willing to give it a shot if it enhances my BB experience!):?

saad.nbp 05-13-2009 12:04 PM

for some reason with this update i found the battery life drains alot faster for some reason compared to the other OS

bryanus 05-13-2009 06:18 PM

Yikes, how long is this update supposed to take? I'm going from .114...

My first attempt resulted in a black screen, unresponsive BB for about 25 mins before I decided something wasn't right and I did a battery pull. The Loader app was stuck at the end of "Connect to the device ROM" and showed no signs of progress.

After it rebooted, I then did a full Wipe and tried again, selecting the "do not backup" option, and now I'm back at the same spot again. The Loader is fully finished on the "Connect to device ROM", but it's been about 26 mins and it's just on a black screen, totally unresponsive, and no signs of any further progress. No red light or anything.

Is this normal?

EDIT: I figured it out. I was trying to apply the update through VMWare Fusion on my macPro, which has always worked before. But rebooting into native XP seems to have done the trick and in just a few minutes!

TonyEye 05-14-2009 10:32 AM

FATAL ERROR... BOOM!

Try again...

bryanus 05-14-2009 12:45 PM

Someone mentioned that the volume of their alerts got louder with this update.

I can concur. There seems to be no audible difference now between "Low" and "Medium", meaning the Low setting is as loud as Medium!

I use a profile for while I am at the office set to "Low", but now it's too loud!

vj_35 05-19-2009 01:52 AM

Hi

I have downloaded the new OS and then followed the procedure that you click loader and delete vendor ect...but all that did was load up my applications like google apps ect and it said it was updated in 30 seconds. On the page where everything is downloaded to there are lots of small files that say loaderres1028 all the way to loaderres2070 to they have to be added into the loader?

thanks

Mr Mixalot 05-19-2009 06:22 AM

Thanks, will give it a try later

John Clark 05-19-2009 10:57 AM

Wirelessly posted (BB 11020)

Quote:

Originally Posted by vj_35
Hi

I have downloaded the new OS and then followed the procedure that you click loader and delete vendor ect...but all that did was load up my applications like google apps ect and it said it was updated in 30 seconds. On the page where everything is downloaded to there are lots of small files that say loaderres1028 all the way to loaderres2070 to they have to be added into the loader?

thanks

Sounds like you need to reinstall and delete the vendor.xml again.

bryanus 05-22-2009 12:35 PM

Old Video files not in playlist

Same issue with me, too. Old video files are not in the list, but new ones show up fine. I can still see them on my card when mounted on my desktop, though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by zgdanska (Post 1358789)
after loading the upgrade my video files from my card are not there any more , if i am connected to my pc i can see them in my folder , after the cable is disconected thy are gone ----- any help ?:-(
ps.
just add another video file and is there but the old ones are still not showing.