BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   BlackBerry Help (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   Blackberry Traffic (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=249076)

bpmntl 05-19-2011 02:01 PM

Blackberry Traffic

App is unable to find any locations. This is after upgrading my Bold 9700 OS from 5 to 6. GPS is working perfectly on phone. It's as if it doesn't recognize any address. Any suggestions or fixes? Thanks. :cry:

Dubdub 05-19-2011 04:25 PM

Re: Blackberry Traffic

Do you have a BB data plan activated on your account?

Have you tried a battery pull?

Delete and reinstall?

aiharkness 05-19-2011 08:00 PM

BlackBerry Maps is required. I don't know if the install checks for this or if it will still install if BlackBerry Maps is not installed. At any rate, make sure you have BlackBerry Maps.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

tsac 05-19-2011 08:12 PM

Aiharkness, I downloaded the App after deleting BB maps to see if it would check and you are correct it does not check for Maps.

System Requirements
Activation with data plan including internet browsing capability
A GPS-equipped BlackBerry® smartphone
BlackBerry Maps installed

bpmntl 05-20-2011 01:16 PM

Yes. I have an unlimited Data Plan. Thank you.

bpmntl 05-20-2011 01:17 PM

How would I check for BB Maps?

bpmntl 05-20-2011 01:20 PM

Many thanks. I'm awaiting a response on how to check for BB Maps.

aiharkness 05-20-2011 01:21 PM

Is BlackBerry Maps installed? Look for the icon, or check in applications in options and see if it is listed. If it is not installed, install it using Desktop Manager.

bpmntl 05-20-2011 02:41 PM

Thanks, Ira.

I don't have my Desktop Manager at the office, but I'll certainly install it this evening. I'll report back later today on whether that was successful or not. Thanks again.

Bernard

bpmntl 05-23-2011 12:08 PM

Well, I do have Blackberry Maps installed. What I've discovered is that BB Traffic still does not recognize addresses; only Current Locations via GPS. Also, I don't find an icon directly to BB Maps, but when I access another program (Poynt) and select BB Maps for Map Listing, the dot will appear on my screen to the location I'm listing, but no Map. When I select Google Maps for the Map Listing, it comes up fine. Any ideas?

aiharkness 05-23-2011 05:08 PM

I sometimes have trouble, and not with BlackBerry Travel only. Sometimes the address just doesn't exist in the database used by RIM, or the street address format has to be exactly right. But those problems are rare; not one lookup after another.

How about giving a couple examples. Maybe we can see the problem and the solution, or confirm the problem is not you.

bpmntl 05-25-2011 11:28 AM

For instance, I've entered the following addresses several different ways:

-1149 s hill st., los angeles, ca

-1149 s hill street, los angeles, california 90015

-1149 s hill street
los angeles, california 90015

and

- 554 s barranca ave., covina, ca

- 554 s barranca avenue, covina, california 91723

- 554 s barranca avenue
covina, ca 91723

aiharkness 05-25-2011 11:44 AM

I just had time to do 1149 s hill street
los angeles, california 90015. No trouble.

What have you done to trouble shoot? Did you try a hard reset? Delete and reinstall the app?

bpmntl 06-02-2011 11:44 AM

Pardon my brief absence. Family matters prevailed.

With respect to the issue of the Traffic App, I may have to simply perform a master reset and possibly reinstall Ver 6 OS, then reinstall Traffic. I've been avoiding this, but it appears that may be my only resolution. Thanks.

aiharkness 06-02-2011 02:58 PM

Post an update when you can. I would try first uninstalling the app and then a hard reset, and then reinstall the app. After that, if it still doesn't work, I would do a secruity wipe and select to delete third-party apps, and then try again. Last would be a wipe and OS reinstallation.

By the way, the reason you don't see a BB Maps icon is because AT&T hides it from you. Before when I was posting via mobile I couldn't see your profile, and didn't know you were on AT&T. I doubt this has anything to do with your particular issue; just explains why you don't see the icon.

b_ee_z 06-24-2011 04:07 PM

I have at&t and I am having the same problem. Any help would be great! I can search locations via bing, but when I type in an address I get "no location found".

kmgutie 08-19-2011 09:03 PM

I'm having the same problem with locations not being found when I enter an address or try to search for a new place. Current places work just fine. I've done a battery pull numerous times. I've deleted and reinstalled BlackBerry Traffic. I've deleted and reinstalled Maps. Still no luck.

aiharkness 08-20-2011 05:50 AM

No ideas except what the OP suggested up in post #14. No idea if it worked for him/her as there was no update.

ndub33 08-20-2011 12:08 PM

I actually had this happen to me once, (it was local Elementary School)...A BB Traffic Upgrade was made availible after the fact. I upgraded and searched for the school again just for fun. BB Traffic found it. I had always assumed that it was a gap in RIMs db, as was suggested in an earlier post.