BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General BlackBerry Discussion (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Auto Text Not Working On Blackberry Curve 8310 (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=141123)

murielhaire 07-20-2008 01:06 PM

Auto Text Not Working On Blackberry Curve 8310

Hi All
Please could someone help me in getting the Autotext to work on my new blackberry curve, I have tried everything from enabling and disabling the funciton, downloading the lastest software, hard resetting. What is strange is when I switch to a weird language like chinese the auto text works but in any form of English it wont work. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Muriel:bb:

JSanders 07-20-2008 02:18 PM

Wirelessly posted (8310; The Juggernaut)

Are there any entries in your AutoText at Options > AutoText?

jmack549 07-20-2008 02:33 PM

Yeah, what JSanders said. I think that's what you're missing.

murielhaire 07-20-2008 02:36 PM

Thank you for your reply

There are lots of entries in the auto text - I had checked this already and am pulling my hear out!!:cry: any other ideas really greafully accepted. thanks again.

murielhaire 07-20-2008 02:37 PM

thank you for your reply

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSanders (Post 1025223)

Are there any entries in your AutoText at Options > AutoText?

Lots of entries in the autotext! any other suggestions - thanks again:cry:

JSanders 07-20-2008 02:40 PM

Try this: type in an email, im and press space. The space activates the Autotext. You should get" I'm".

JSanders 07-20-2008 02:41 PM

You may thin AutoText is something like predictive typing. It is not. It is a great shortcut, though.

murielhaire 07-20-2008 03:23 PM

Autotext & predictive text

I feel a bit of a fool - it is the predictive text which I cant get working at all - this is what I am having the problem with - thanks again. :oops:

barbwyr 07-21-2008 08:04 PM

The curve does not have predictive text as it already has a qwerty keyboard and typing the whole word is simply faster than predictive text once you've had a few days to get used to it.

ackers 09-27-2008 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSanders (Post 1025253)

Try this: type in an email, im and press space. The space activates the Autotext. You should get" I'm".

Spot on, just the answer I was searching for.

sbaska 09-30-2008 03:01 PM

Ok, so what if the space DOESN'T activate the AutoText feature? I have a user that is having the same trouble, however when he presses the space bar, it does NOT fix the word(s). There must be a way to toggle the setting. He says he was typing on it and did some kind of combination of keys (by accident of course) and has disabled the feature. Any ideas?

sbaska 09-30-2008 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbaska (Post 1120364)
Ok, so what if the space DOESN'T activate the AutoText feature? I have a user that is having the same trouble, however when he presses the space bar, it does NOT fix the word(s). There must be a way to toggle the setting. He says he was typing on it and did some kind of combination of keys (by accident of course) and has disabled the feature. Any ideas?

Nevermind. I found my answer after searching a little further on another board.

Super.greg 12-16-2008 11:01 AM

Please help

Hello,

Could someone tell me how to solve the issue of AutoText entries missing? Things like im, hte, na, etc. the very common ones are missing from AutoText. Is there a way to reload the default AutoText entries?

Thanks