BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   Social Networking (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=144)
-   -   facebook problem (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=261009)

ZainUddinsnakebite 08-12-2012 06:29 AM

facebook problem

'You are currently on a data plan that does not support this application' this error pops up on my facebook app on my curve 9300 3g mostly when I try to log in, please help out, tell me the causes and the solutions, P.S: i don't have bb services activated and I use wifi, this error comes even when I'm connected to wifi, sometimes the app even works, plus I tried using the app in my friends' house on his wifi and it worked 2/2 times. :/ I have tried reinstalling facebook app but the problem persists
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

NJBlackBerry 08-12-2012 06:33 AM

Re: facebook problem

In order to use Facebook (and many other applications) you MUST have BlackBerry Data Plan. WiFi alone will not do it.

ZainUddinsnakebite 08-12-2012 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJBlackBerry (Post 1785019)
In order to use Facebook (and many other applications) you MUST have BlackBerry Data Plan. WiFi alone will not do it.

Thanks for the answer, one more question though, my cousin uses the new blackberry pearl, and his whatsapp and facebook work,without data plan, how is that possible :/

NJBlackBerry 08-12-2012 10:14 AM

It probably had a BlackBerry plan on it at one point, and got the proper service books to allow it to work.

ZainUddinsnakebite 08-12-2012 12:18 PM

I'm sorry I'm not really used to these terms u are using, could u please explain what service books are? And he didn't have data plan :/

Dubdub 08-12-2012 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZainUddinsnakebite (Post 1785058)
I'm sorry I'm not really used to these terms u are using, could u please explain what service books are? And he didn't have data plan :/

Google is your friend: KB03151-What is the service book

ZainUddinsnakebite 08-12-2012 04:55 PM

But my cousin bought a new phone and doesn't have data plan :/

NJBlackBerry 08-12-2012 05:38 PM

Then maybe your cousin can help you.
Maybe he can get you the data plan you need.

bbmaddict 09-08-2012 01:59 AM

Maybe the BlackBerry Data plan comes with the phone? I especially picked my phone because it had the data plan included.

charlesedem 11-16-2012 11:45 PM

My facebook n twitter is blocked, pls help.

lakshmikalyani 11-29-2012 03:38 AM

how to block an facebook account

lakshmikalyani 11-29-2012 03:39 AM

plz help me as soon as possible

kiranmanek 03-29-2013 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lakshmikalyani (Post 1792881)
how to block an facebook account

From ur phone? Or u want to delete fb ? Ur question is not clear

dc/dc 03-30-2013 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiranmanek (Post 1801408)
From ur phone? Or u want to delete fb ? Ur question is not clear

Ur bmping a 4 month old thread. Nt kul.

Amitnamdeo 04-09-2013 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZainUddinsnakebite (Post 1785018)
'You are currently on a data plan that does not support this application' this error pops up on my facebook app on my curve 9300 3g mostly when I try to log in, please help out, tell me the causes and the solutions, P.S: i don't have bb services activated and I use wifi, this error comes even when I'm connected to wifi, sometimes the app even works, plus I tried using the app in my friends' house on his wifi and it worked 2/2 times. :/ I have tried reinstalling facebook app but the problem persists

using wifi is a best option for facebook........8-)

nelsonturner 05-27-2013 05:28 AM

Do you have a PAYG or contract sim with the Blackberry services? If you have a PAYG sim, you'll need to make sure your weekly or monthly pass hasn't run out. If it hasn't run out, or you're on Pay Monthly/Sim only with a Blackberry plan, please follow the below:

Depending on the Blackberry you have, you can go to:

Menu > Options > Advanced Options > select Host Routing table > Press Menu Key > Click Register Now

or

Menu > Options > Device > Advanced System Settings > select Host Routing table > Press Menu Key > Click Register Now

This sends a message to Blackberry to advise the sim and phone are together again.

Once you get a message back from Blackberry advising that you're 'registered with the wireless network', please take the battery out whilst phone is turned on, put back in and your Blackberry services will be back up and running.

dc/dc 05-27-2013 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nelsonturner (Post 1803953)
Do you have a PAYG or contract sim with the Blackberry services? If you have a PAYG sim, you'll need to make sure your weekly or monthly pass hasn't run out. If it hasn't run out, or you're on Pay Monthly/Sim only with a Blackberry plan, please follow the below:

Depending on the Blackberry you have, you can go to:

Menu > Options > Advanced Options > select Host Routing table > Press Menu Key > Click Register Now

or

Menu > Options > Device > Advanced System Settings > select Host Routing table > Press Menu Key > Click Register Now

This sends a message to Blackberry to advise the sim and phone are together again.

Once you get a message back from Blackberry advising that you're 'registered with the wireless network', please take the battery out whilst phone is turned on, put back in and your Blackberry services will be back up and running.

Completely irrelevant bisleri.

rambo47 05-27-2013 10:56 PM

Oh. My. God.

I've never seen a single discussion with so many thread-jacking attempts and such tomfoolery. This entire thread should be nuked. Judicious use of the Ban Hammer might be a good idea as well. Anybody who lists his carrier as "best position" is just begging for it.

ZombieBerry 05-29-2013 08:01 AM

Deactivate your facebook account from a computer.

How do I deactivate my account? | Facebook Help Center | Facebook

NJBlackBerry 09-17-2013 01:31 PM

Anyone else getting a whiff of spam?