BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 9300 Series Discussion - Curve 3G (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   blackberry hacked by a APP (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=263522)

matureberry 02-12-2013 07:04 PM

blackberry hacked by a APP

Hi all, anyone here know how to check what APP or bug has been attached to a BB_BOLD which gives access to private texts & bbm's? ......

We need to check a phone to delete if there is a bug on it - we know the infomation for definate has been used.

Comments appreaited, thank you ......

matureberry 02-12-2013 07:16 PM

Re: blackberry hacked by a APP

this phone is securley passworded and kept to the owner, no one else has access to it.

NJBlackBerry 02-12-2013 07:18 PM

And if an app was loaded on it, it could only be done with the permission of the person who had it in their hands. Apps can't load themselves on a BlackBerry.

matureberry 02-12-2013 07:24 PM

sorry for multiple threads, the phone in question hasnot been in the other persons hands, after myself and partner swapped simms to resolve a signal / working phone problem, we swapped back our own sim cards only to find on my phone a blank text ( inc senders number) dated august 2012, according to the (www) etc there is a product that can access bbm's and text messaging monitoring its usages.

ZombieBerry 02-12-2013 07:27 PM

How does your experience equate to being hacked? Cause, to me, it doesn't.

matureberry 02-12-2013 07:47 PM

the info in the texts and bb's is well known and documented by a 3rd party, he know's exactly whats going on with our movements.

We had a problem with signal coverage on the bb's, so simply swaped between us our sim cards to see if it was a simm card problem or bb problem.

On returning the simm cards back to the correct phones, we discovered on my phone a blank text inc senders number dated 2012 - we know who the number belongs to and i have had no dealings with them, so we are both wandering how - by swapping a simm card from bb to bb for less than 1 minute i know have this persons number on my bb - if its is bugged or hacked etc, this will explain how this person knows all our movements.

If we find out what was used if we are right,pretty sure we are right, due to the nature of concern i will post up here our findings.

please keep all your views coming, it is appreaited, thank you

ZombieBerry 02-12-2013 09:46 PM

It's not a view. I am going to try and post this in such a way that you understand.

You shouldn't be swapping SIMS, unless they are both yours.

Unless someone other than yourself installed an app (which again, not sure why you do not delete it) there are no services that can tap into your texts and show geolocation data.

If no one had the chance to install an app, and you haven't downloaded any third party apps from a shady source, then your problem cannot exist? Got it?

Don't let anyone use or swap SIM cards with your device.
Don't let anyone else install apps on your device.

Sorry, SIM cards, as a rule, do not execute malicious code.

Wipe your device, and start over. Do not use a third party texting app.

The only way for him to have placed his number on your device, was for the person to have a tad more than one minute with the device in his hand, and you were not paying attention.