BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   iPhone Android & other HandHeld Forum (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   Don't Bother Buying an IPhone (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=83717)

joec 06-30-2007 08:18 AM

Don't Bother Buying an IPhone

If you have an 83 or 8800, the IPhone is a major disapoinment !

The keyboard is horrible, wrong characters, double hits etc. The keyboard was especially frustrating ruining the entire new phone experience

The touch screen response is slow forcing you to slow down to do anything especially if you are used to the quick click of the BB keyboard

Email takes forever to connect to mail servers, lot's of authentication errors too.

You tube is the biggest joke, it takes forever to load video.

The phone is so slippery, it drops so easily (and I thoght the 8800 was bad)

Phone audio, especially the speaker phone is very low compared to BB's

The only attribute(s) that separates this phone from a BB is the Ipod portion which is great and the large beautiful display.

In addition to the functional disapointment , I could not activate the phone without activating a new line even though I already had an ATT&T plan with 4 phones active. It seems if one has a family plan the Iphone will not activate on that plan. Of course no one in customer service could tell me what the current business policy is in regard to Iphones and the family plan. You need to spend more $$$$$ just to try out the darn phone.

Most of the prior opinions by posters on this board turn out to be dead on. This is NOT a business tool. ( and we knew that didn't we)

Needless to say it's going back like a boomarang

Dawg 06-30-2007 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joec (Post 584566)

The keyboard is horrible, wrong characters, double hits etc. The keyboard was especially frustrating ruining the entire new phone experience

The touch screen response is slow forcing you to slow down to do anything especially if you are used to the quick click of the BB keyboard

Email takes forever to connect to mail servers, lot's of authentication errors too.

The only attribute(s) that separates this phone from a BB is the Ipod portion which is great and the large beautiful display.

In addition to the functional disapointment , I could not activate the phone without activating a new line even though I already had an ATT&T plan with 4 phones active. It seems if one has a family plan the Iphone will not activate on that plan. Of course no one in customer service could tell me what the current business policy is in regard to Iphones and the family plan. You need to spend more $$$$$ just to try out the darn phone.

Most of the prior opinions by posters on this board turn out to be dead on. This is NOT a business tool. ( and we knew that didn't we)

Needless to say it's going back like a boomarang

I was dead on. Thanks for the review. I heard on the news that if you open the box you own it or you have to pay huge restocking fees.

Lowrider 06-30-2007 08:37 AM

I have refrained from this topic, because everyone has an opinion. But I see all this HYPE, you'd think this device had the "Fountain of Youth" built in it...somewhere. lol

I truly believe I wouldn't buy the phone now, even if it were $200. Too much new technology, just to go buy it now.
After the price drops and the BUGS get worked out....maybe! And also, u never know what BB will come up with, it may have two "Fountains".

ezrunner 06-30-2007 08:45 AM

restock fees are 10 percent of purchase price

snowskier79 06-30-2007 08:52 AM

Wirelessly posted (8700c: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry8100/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ezrunner
restock fees are 10 percent of purchase price

That's crazy!

cellunlocknet 06-30-2007 10:41 AM

Iphones are for people looking to get toys! If you need connectivity and email on the go, nothing beats Blackberry. I love my 8300 and would not switch even if you offered me the Iphone for free!

Pizzle 06-30-2007 10:43 AM

Ugh.

***moving to Other Handheld Forum***

vandal 06-30-2007 11:12 AM

create your own caption, GO!
http://i.cnn.net/money/2007/06/29/te...ustomer.03.jpg

test54 06-30-2007 11:56 AM

was the 50 other iphone threads not enough or did you just want the attention?
pizzle can you merge any of the threads?

joec 06-30-2007 03:08 PM

Duh !!!

Duh !!!!!! because it was directed at 8300 users. All but you thought it was OK..

Jack T. Chance 06-30-2007 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vandal (Post 584716)

Oooh, first one to do captions! Alright! 8-)

Here goes:
  • "I can't believe I just spent $600 for this thing, and it doesn't even come with a car charger or a Bluetooth headset!"
  • "Yay! I've got an iPhone! Yay!!!"
  • "That's right, dudes lurking in the alley, I got an iPhone! Don't you wish you had one? Uh... guys... what's with the knives... and the gun... yikes! HELP!!! SOMEBODY, HELP ME!!!!"
And... I'm spent! ;-)

Dawg 06-30-2007 06:40 PM

Quote:

I spent $600.00 and all I got was a piece of glass and a pretty bag.

Galvatron 07-01-2007 02:43 AM

Quote:

OMG $600 theis better be good. OMG it's so SLOOOOOOOOW! hey how come i can't transfer my MP3's and ring tones supid itunes. No ofice software BAH!

you can't play game sether?! NOO! this is th bigest over costed POS EVER!

I'M so suing ATT/APPLE for false advertising!

Dawg 07-01-2007 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galvatron (Post 585229)
OMG $600 theis better be good. OMG it's so SLOOOOOOOOW! hey how come i can't transfer my MP3's and ring tones supid itunes. No ofice software BAH!

you can't play game sether?! NOO! this is th bigest over costed POS EVER!

I'M so suing ATT/APPLE for false advertising!

please use spell check that was non coherent

here is a great review I found an onaother forum I visit Michael Robertson . com

harryzuluberries 07-01-2007 10:28 AM

http://i.cnn.net/money/2007/06/29/te...ustomer.03.jpg

"My parents went to the Apple store and all they brought me back was this stupid iPhone...I'd rather have had the t-shirt."

JGBerry 07-01-2007 11:05 AM

Quote:

"oh no...not the typical wasteful Apple fancy dancy packaging"

King-B 07-01-2007 11:57 AM

[QUOTE=harryzuluberries;585422]http://i.cnn.net/money/2007/06/29/te...ustomer.03.jpg

Lets see what happens when I drop this sucka off the empire state building....

P.S. I'm no iphone hater. ;-)

packetknife 07-01-2007 12:40 PM

Quote:

"Why did they put my Chanel #5 in this bag?"

King-B 07-01-2007 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joec (Post 584566)

Your statements are completely bullshit!!!!!!

1. Keyboard is horrible......Well I'd like to see RIM do a better job. Apple from day one said that they wanted a widescreen phone. They did the best they could to make it work. Give it some time.

2. Touch screen is slow......Well I agree. But Give it some time. This is their first phone. Dont compare it to anybody else.

3. Email takes forever to connect.......Are we talking about a Blackberry or iPhone. Be lucky the iphone even has push email.

4. Youtube is the biggest joke.........Can I see youtube on your blackberry please.....?....No really, I wanna see it.

5. The phone is slippery........Who cares if its slippery. Atleast they didnt use plastic like a fat ass treo!! hahaha or fat ass 8700!!

6. Speaker phone is very low compared to BB........HA!!!!....I wanna see that. The speakers on the latest BB, including the pearl sucks butt. If this is true, apple is really stupid. ;-)

7. The iphone is just an ipod and phone.......... I'd like to see you browse the internet on your blackberry like you can on the iphone.

Galvatron 07-01-2007 01:59 PM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry8700/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Actually he is not alone in his oppingion and he as facts to bac it up. Along with sevral reviews. And they say the exavt same things reuter foxnews.com

Appl had all the time in the world durring beta testing. BB's can barly keep up with my tying I would hate to try an type on an iflop. An apple is not only stupid they are arogent.