BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General BlackBerry Discussion (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Silly email question: Can't stop email (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=27126)

brianhagen 02-24-2006 09:43 AM

Silly email question: Can't stop email

I have what is probably a silly simple question to some, but I being a newbie can't quite figure out.

I get my email on my tmobile 7105t, it is from my main home account (not Enterprise).

Here is the scenerio:
I get home from work, and turn off the Wireless on my bberry and I also shut it down. So it is completely off.

At night I check my email, and usually can be on all night, getting my email on my laptop as it comes. And I delete the email as I read it. I also have my email settings on my laptop to NOT leave a copy on the server and to delete it immediately. And I empty the "trash" in email. So at the end of the night, all my mail has been read, and deleted, and deleted from the mailserver (verizon)

When I turn on my BBerry in the morning.. it retrieves all my mail INCLUDING all the mail that was already read and deleted. I dont' understand why since in theory the mail isn't there anymore! Its already been deleted from the mailserver. Ive rechecked the settings on my mail account and it definitley is being deleted from the server as its retrieved.

Can someone tell me why this is happening? And how to fix it?

Thanks!
(hope this is in the correct forum)

Brian

rcbjr 02-24-2006 10:08 AM

Ok, a bit of explaination. When you turn off the BB, you're not turning off the collection/forwarding of your email to the BB network, just the reception of the data/phone service. When you turn it back on, it connects to the network, which then downloads all the email tha has been collected/forwarded. I am not sure as to how you can stop this, but if you're syncing wirelessly, leave the phone on and when you delete them on the PC the should be deleted on the BB. If not maybe someone can help

Hope this helps.
Rcbjr

brianhagen 02-24-2006 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcbjr
When you turn it back on, it connects to the network, which then downloads all the email tha has been collected/forwarded.

But there should be no mail to foward since my mail on the mail server is empty. The mail has already been pulled from the mailserver and deleted by me via laptop.

rcbjr 02-24-2006 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brianhagen
But there should be no mail to foward since my mail on the mail server is empty. The mail has already been pulled from the mailserver and deleted by me via laptop.

---

How is your Email transfered to the BB, 1- BES, 2- forwarded from server (server-side rule), 3-forwarded from Laptop or pop3 polling from BIS.

From what you say. I would imagine it's probably no 2 or possibly 3 from your inbox. Which means it either goes to the BB data network temp storage before you download it from your mail server or imediately when it hits your laptop. Both of these mean it's sent to the BB network before you have a chance to do anything with it. If it were No 3 it would only be certain emails depending on the pop3 poll timing.

Hope this helps.
Rcbjr

brianhagen 02-24-2006 02:19 PM

In all honesty, the only settings that were done to turn on Email on my BBerry was to enter the mail server settings. In other words, my host (which is Verizon, though my Berry is Tmobile) and my username and password.

Its basically set up as my berry retrieving email just like if i were to configure a new computer to get my email.

What I can gather is that my berry is polling the mail server (verizon) and pulling the mail info continually, even though my berry is off and wireless is off.

rcbjr 02-24-2006 03:51 PM

Actually it's the TMO BIS the is getting your email from your server and pushing it to the Bb. Try leaving the BB on when your handling the email on the laptop and see waht happens. You might have to play with the reconcillation settings. I can't help anymore than this. Sorry

Rcbjr