BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 8300 Series Discussion - Curve (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   OS: 8310 4.5.0.81 / 4.5.0.55 (MultiLanguage) (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=141759)

mckinneycm 07-23-2008 06:22 PM

Download here: Updateservice
Scroll down to Blackberry Firmware and find the 8310

Instructions for installing on ANY carrier's 8310:

1. Make sure you have Desktop Manager 4.2 SP2 or higher installed.
BlackBerry - Desktop Software - BlackBerry Desktop Software at BlackBerry.com
2. Download the above file to the PC then install it to the PC by running the file you downloaded.
3. Locate the vendor.xml file and delete it. It's located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader
4. Plug in BB and Open Desktop Manager. You should be prompted to upgrade.
The process takes about 45 minutes to an hour depending on how much data you have to backup and restore during the process. Once it's done loading the new OS it will reboot (it may do this twice during the entire process.) You will see a white screen with an hourglass for up to 20 minutes at a time while the DM says "waiting for initialization."
If you end up with a white screen with small icons and the number 507, simply connect to DM again and run application loader again and it should load the OS to the device.

To find previous versions of the OS for this device, click http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...ilanguage.html

Note: Preloaded Wallpapers and custom folder icons are not included in this release.

John Clark 07-23-2008 06:34 PM

Great find!

hammer40 07-23-2008 06:49 PM

Oh Boy, here we go...again!

TXLady 07-23-2008 07:46 PM

In the last two weeks, I've upgraded three times already. (.37, .44., .52) So, why should I do it one more time? Does this fix something? At this point, I'm ready to just wait for a couple more versions until Sunday or Monday to upgrade again.

John Clark 07-23-2008 07:49 PM

Nobody asked you to. :-)

simulator 07-23-2008 07:56 PM

Anything new?

John Clark 07-23-2008 07:59 PM

Haven't really seen anything new. However, with these early OS's it's usually best to upgrade to prevent problems you may not yet know about.

simulator 07-23-2008 08:08 PM

My IT guy is getting annoyed at all the BES reactivations he has to do every time I upgrade my OS. Does everyone else have to do this, or is there an easier way?

DBRASCO 07-23-2008 08:09 PM

Guys can someone help me?

I've followed the instructions to the T...... I have not been able to upgrade since upgrading to .44. Desktop manager will not Q-me to update.

Any help would be nice, Thanks in advance

Brasco

John Clark 07-23-2008 08:23 PM

I never bother my IT guy with Activations. Activation can take place automatically if DM has an online connection with the mail server. DM has to be installed for BES support. Then it should ask for your email profile. I usually vpn in and then I get an online connection. After the upgrade I leave it plugged in for a few more minutes and EA starts automatically.

What I usually do is setup DM to prompt me for the email profile. Then, I can hit "cancel" and it will treat it like a BIS upgrade with no connection to the server. I do my upgrade. Then when I'm done restoring and making sure the OS seems stable, I plug it back in, open DM and choose my email profile. Let it sit for a few minutes and EA will start on it's own.

gadgetfanatic 07-23-2008 08:26 PM

if you you don't know about it how can it be a problem??

devnull 07-23-2008 08:28 PM

@mckinneycm

Dude, how do you find these? Nevermind. I'm sure its one of those "if I tell ya, I would have to kill ya" kinda things...

Keep up the great finds.

simulator 07-23-2008 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Clark (Post 1030311)
I never bother my IT guy with Activations. Activation can take place automatically if DM has an online connection with the mail server. DM has to be installed for BES support. Then it should ask for your email profile. I usually vpn in and then I get an online connection. After the upgrade I leave it plugged in for a few more minutes and EA starts automatically.

What I usually do is setup DM to prompt me for the email profile. Then, I can hit "cancel" and it will treat it like a BIS upgrade with no connection to the server. I do my upgrade. Then when I'm done restoring and making sure the OS seems stable, I plug it back in, open DM and choose my email profile. Let it sit for a few minutes and EA will start on it's own.

I'll try installing DM with BES support. I had been doing it with BIS support. Is there a faq or a stick on this anywhere?

CBR900RR 07-23-2008 09:14 PM

Any chinese support on this release, please?

John Clark 07-23-2008 09:17 PM

Not from this carrier. MultiLanguage doesn't include CJK. Have to wait until an Asian carrier releases it.

JLeny 07-23-2008 09:26 PM

Anyone see 4.5.0.55 for the 8320

Anyone see 4.5.0.55 for the 8320

John Clark 07-23-2008 09:29 PM

Not yet.

JSanders 07-23-2008 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by devnull (Post 1030323)
Dude, how do you find these? Nevermind. I'm sure its one of those "if I tell ya, I would have to kill ya" kinda things...

There are webcrawlers that search the RIM carriers to determine if new OSs have been posted... One is even posted on BBF somewhere which does just that. You can do if you want. Basically a batch files runs and alerts the user to any new OS uploads.

John Clark 07-23-2008 09:34 PM

That app wouldn't have found this particular version, though. This version isn't on RIM's site. It's on the carrier's own site.

lostangel 07-23-2008 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Clark (Post 1030311)

i already have DM4.5, but how do I know if it's installed for BES support..?

Could you give a detail, step by step guide on this, JC..?

Thanks

Ray