BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General BlackBerry Discussion (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   HELP: 8820 unable to access internet due to IT Policy/ Firewall Settings (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=211820)

kunal821 11-25-2009 01:42 PM

HELP: 8820 unable to access internet due to IT Policy/ Firewall Settings

Hi,
I have a blackberry which was previously locked on BT network uk
I have unbranded the phone using Flash software and thereafter have also installed the current operating system on my phone.
I carried out the process for removing the IT policy as mentioned in one of the forums in this website ( 7 Step Process).
Now i cant see any IT policy when i got to security options in the settings but i am still unable to access some applications when i use my wifi and open some website on my device.
For instance i cant open hotmail , as whenever i try opening hotmail i the get the following error" Exceeded maximum tries"

Also i cant install applications like opera mini, as i get the following message when i try installing it ""program trying to open connection inside/outside firewall which is not allowed by your IT policy"

I have also used the JL_Cmderv1.91 software and even that didn't help.

How can i reset the firewall settings as it says i have an IT/ Firewall installed.

Thanks...!!
I will really appreciate if somebody can help.

aiharkness 11-25-2009 02:20 PM

Wirelessly posted (8820)

I have a vague memory of reading here somewhere that sometimes IT policies can't be removed or overwitten. I could be wrong. But search on "policy" and posts by John Clark, JSanders and NJBlackberry. If my memory is right, I think you'll find it. Hope I'm wrong, though.

kunal821 11-26-2009 06:29 AM

Thnx a lot Ira, ill look for the posts...

aiharkness 11-26-2009 07:28 AM

Post an update when you figure it out.

rambo47 11-26-2009 02:34 PM

The un-branding process often involves illegal software not meant for use by the general public. Use of this software often permanently bricks a BlackBerry. In fact, it's one of the few things that will actually do this. If you used this stuff there may be no recovery.

kunal821 11-28-2009 02:59 AM

Thanks for all the replies..
Even after doing everything mentioned in the website i still cant open hotmail or install opera mini as it says the same firewall/ it policy message...
Thanks anyways...

ricpac 11-28-2009 03:10 AM

Is this a company-given BlackBerry?

rambo47 11-28-2009 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ricpac (Post 1516573)
Is this a company-given BlackBerry?

Good point. If you're currently on a corporate BES and you remove the IT Policy, they'll just push it back onto your device. And maybe (probably) fire you for attempting to circumvent it.

tsac 11-28-2009 01:22 PM

I had an old 7290 with everything removed. When I used it the carrier simply forwarded everything via the company and bingo, the IT policy was back.
Your issue sounds similar