BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 9700 Series Discussion - Bold 2 (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   Making the Jawbone Icon work with the 9700 (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=228380)

WonkotheSane 06-08-2010 02:07 PM

Making the Jawbone Icon work with the 9700

I was having trouble with the bluetooth connection between my Jawbone Icon and my 9700. The connection would drop randomly. I was about ready to abandon the jawbone.

However, before doing that, I updated the software on the jawbone by adding A2DP support. That shouldn't have made any difference. My understanding is that normal voice links don't use A2DP. However, my jawbone now connects consistently and operates with my 9700 perfectly. Perhaps it updated the firmware in general. For those of you about to throw out your Icon, you may want to give this a try. If you do update your Icon, be sure to delete your old bluetooth connection on your blackberry and re-pair the jawbone.

I hope someone finds this helpful.

WonkotheSane 06-14-2010 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WonkotheSane (Post 1616323)
I was having trouble with the bluetooth connection between my Jawbone Icon and my 9700. The connection would drop randomly. I was about ready to abandon the jawbone.

However, before doing that, I updated the software on the jawbone by adding A2DP support. That shouldn't have made any difference. My understanding is that normal voice links don't use A2DP. However, my jawbone now connects consistently and operates with my 9700 perfectly. Perhaps it updated the firmware in general. For those of you about to throw out your Icon, you may want to give this a try. If you do update your Icon, be sure to delete your old bluetooth connection on your blackberry and re-pair the jawbone.

I hope someone finds this helpful.

I spoke too soon. The Jawbone is acting squirrely again. It has the very annoying tendency to drop the bluetooth link right after I answer the call.

gizmo01 06-15-2010 11:03 AM

I'm about to get an Icon for my 9700 in the next week or so. My experience with my other two Jawbones has been flawless though. I will be very surprised if I experience the same trouble you have. I would call Jawbone and get them to send you a replacement if it continues. Their customer service is very good and I received two replacements for my JB2 when asked.

There is some talk about quality control problems in their production, but they do make good on making you a happy camper.

stevew 06-15-2010 08:33 PM

Jawbones - while they're know to have excellent noise reduction, are very poorly built and QC is awful...more than a 30% return rate on those things and often, they really are defective.

Soapm 06-15-2010 09:14 PM

I find sometimes you have to delete the profile and re-pair it.

Stinsonddog 06-15-2010 11:01 PM

Getting one this week. Be interested to check it out. Thanks for the post.

WonkotheSane 06-16-2010 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soapm (Post 1618867)
I find sometimes you have to delete the profile and re-pair it.

Funny you should mention that. I tried the MyTalk again. I changed the personality, mainly to get it to reflash. Afterward, I checked the paired device listing on the Jawbone and there were no paired devices. Turning on the Jawbone in this state initiated pairing mode. I deleted the entry for the Jawbone on my blackberry and re-paired. Everything is working fine for now. Also, it's kinda fun when the Jawbone tells me in a sexy voice "I'm on and ready to go."

rontiu 06-18-2010 09:28 AM

Hmm....I bought one a few weeks ago, used it a few times only..but so far it has been great though. Sync and updating has been flawless. Even the pairing was a piece of cake, as I had to get a new 9700 in between as my old one flaked on me.

My conversations didn't drop....with the exception I hit the wrong button my BB when I was on a call...hehe...which terminated the call....definitely a good bt headset in my opinion... :-)

caggie01 06-19-2010 12:01 AM

I want to echo rontiu's comment. My experience with Icon is the same. I find the earpiece volume great, usually run volume at 2 dashes. I received nothing but good comments on the noise cancellation. I highly recommend this bt device.

Stinsonddog 06-19-2010 10:45 PM

I am not sure at this point. I put A2DP on through mytalk, and found the sound very tinny. I have now taken it off and will give it more of chance. Don't really need it for music in one ear. I am hoping this sounds better this way.