BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 9000 Series Discussion - Bold (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   Installing: OS not showing! (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=221443)

shrienki 03-08-2010 04:10 PM

Installing: OS not showing!

1 Attachment(s)
When attempting to downgrade/upgrade my OS, I've encountered a problem: the OS doesn't show!

It happens with all other phones (Bold, Onyx, Storm) currently and I've reinstalled both DM and OSes.

Would anyone have any clue?! It's frustrating. :(

Raptor464 03-08-2010 04:15 PM

Try this:
Quote:

Originally Posted by jsconyers (Post 1575419)
Go to Start > Run and type cmd <press enter>
Type C: \ <press enter>
Type del /s vendor.xml <press enter>

Then run Loader.exe

Let me know if this works for you.

If not then try:

Type cd c:\ <press enter>

Then run apploader.exe

NJBlackBerry 03-08-2010 04:21 PM

Raptor -that won't work; that only looks in the root. It is much more difficult to have it recursively check each sub folder.

Raptor464 03-08-2010 04:23 PM

Worked for me. I created a vendor.xml file and put it in a random directory. It managed to locate the file and delete it.

devnull 03-08-2010 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJBlackBerry (Post 1576451)
Raptor -that won't work; that only looks in the root. It is much more difficult to have it recursively check each sub folder.

Code:

"/S" == Delete specified files from all subdirectories.

NJBlackBerry 03-08-2010 07:39 PM

Problem was I didn't have Vendor.XML in ANY subdirectories :) so it gave an error message. This works.

bocabenz 03-08-2010 10:35 PM

I've verified that I've deleted the vendor.xml from all directories using the proscribed method and I'm having the same issue. I downloaded and tried both versions .464 and .509 and get the same results - nothing shows up in the loader.exe.

Any idea when AT&T may be getting 5.0?

shrienki 03-09-2010 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raptor464 (Post 1576444)
Try this:

Then run Loader.exe

Let me know if this works for you.

If not then try:

Type cd c:\ <press enter>

Then run apploader.exe

It worked with the 1st method!
Thanks a bunch, Raptor!

I guess there was a hidden vendor.xml file. What was cause that to happen?

Raptor464 03-09-2010 08:42 AM

I'm not sure why, but Desktop Manager seems to put a hidden vendor.xml file into the directory even if you delete it sometimes. This just forces it out.

bocabenz 03-09-2010 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raptor464 (Post 1576661)
I'm not sure why, but Desktop Manager seems to put a hidden vendor.xml file into the directory even if you delete it sometimes. This just forces it out.

Any other tricks you can think of? I've tried your method, even running cmd as an administrator. It finds the vendor.xml file where I usually delete it from but nowhere else. Afterward, loader.exe still finds no new OS's.

Are there any other files, folders, or other items I should be looking to delete?

Could this be a Windows 7 issue? I can't imagine why, but I have to ask.

shrienki 03-09-2010 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bocabenz (Post 1576983)
Any other tricks you can think of? I've tried your method, even running cmd as an administrator. It finds the vendor.xml file where I usually delete it from but nowhere else. Afterward, loader.exe still finds no new OS's.

Are there any other files, folders, or other items I should be looking to delete?

Could this be a Windows 7 issue? I can't imagine why, but I have to ask.

If it helps, I'm also on 7.

bocabenz 03-09-2010 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shrienki (Post 1577049)
If it helps, I'm also on 7.

Ah well, there goes one theory.

miamirulz29 03-10-2010 01:14 PM

1. Download this product. The free version is fine.
    Do Not Plug-in the blackberry yet!
  2. Then uninstall everything blackberry related (ie. os, desktop manager, media sync.) It may uninstall all of the blackberry programs if you uninstall one of them that is fine. Start with the os first.
  3. Now download the os you want to install.
  4. Double Click the download file so that it installs. Follow the onscreen prompts.
  5. Now Plug-in the blackberry. It may have to install the drivers, let it do that.
  6. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml."
  7. Plug in BB and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file.

duude88 03-11-2010 02:31 PM

Hello guys, i'm new to BlackBerry and this is my first software upgrade.

So far, it's not looking good.

I tried everything described on these and crackberry forums. I tried installing it with DM installed, without DM. When the DM is installed, everything regarding automatic updates is off. I deleted the vendor file and scanned for other vendor files (there were none). I pretty much tried everything.

And, EVERY time i start the Loader it just offers me to update my apps - like the new device software i previously installed doesn't exist.

My carrier doesn't have BlackBerries and doesn't offer BlackBerrs internet service. The phone is unlocked (probably with MFI multiloader - don't know for sure, i got it unlocked). The other day, i used that Mass Storage fix to get mass storage running. Could that, or the multiloader be the problem.

Also, since i don't have BIS, i can't even think about upgrading the OS with DM, right?

PS: I'm on Windows 7
PSS: Posted this in another thread in the forums, but then realized it wasn't a Bold subforum

jsconyers 03-11-2010 02:32 PM

Please don't double post:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...ml#post1578171

duude88 03-11-2010 02:48 PM

Ok, i'm sorry. I wrote the text in the other section and then realized that the section isn't for my BlackBerry. My apologies

PIRATA! 04-06-2010 04:49 PM

I opener a thread where I list what to do to get Os5 using Windows 7 on a BB with a SIM card that does not have ad Internet Service!! ;)

Just linked in my signature here in the forum!