BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   BES Admin Corner (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   BES / BlackBerry / Outlook & sync wirelessly... (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=80823)

naviwilliams 06-11-2007 02:57 PM

BES / BlackBerry / Outlook & sync wirelessly...

Does anyone know how long it takes for BES to sync changes from Outlook to a BlackBerry?

Also, when on BES do I change this setting? At present, it looks like emails marked as read, calendar updates and address book changes take about 3-5 minutes to change on the device...

Partners are asking for this to be quicker (not sure why!). Nonetheless, am looking forward to answer. Thanks in advance

jgb@etree 06-11-2007 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by navilyn (Post 564913)
Does anyone know how long it takes for BES to sync changes from Outlook to a BlackBerry?

Also, when on BES do I change this setting? At present, it looks like emails marked as read, calendar updates and address book changes take about 3-5 minutes to change on the device...

Partners are asking for this to be quicker (not sure why!). Nonetheless, am looking forward to answer. Thanks in advance

Don't let them sit in front of their PC's and time it :)

You can speed up the process (slightly) by doing a 'Reconcile Now' on the handheld and then hitting send/receive in Outlook, but when you're sitting there waiting for it to happen, it always takes forever... Just like an enterprise activation. What's that old saying? A watched pot never boils? This holds true in the world of BB's as well.

I've asked TSupport if there is a way to increase the frequency of wireless reconciliation, but they say that it can not be changed. I'm not 100% sure that I believe that, but that's their story, and I think they're sticking with it.

ladydi 06-11-2007 05:15 PM

Its fairly instantaneous for me and my users. It is all going to depend on stuff like possible: network congestion, exchange server congestion and BB server congestion. And really, when you think about the technology involved for it to work at all, they should be quiet and be grateful that it works as well as it does and that they don't have win mobile devices. \rant off.

You could see some improvement if they don't use cached exchange mode.

fiffer 06-11-2007 10:33 PM

Mine syncs with in 30 seconds.

Casbar 06-12-2007 04:39 AM

Reconcile

This maybe a stupid ques, but when I have my 8707v setup for reconcile with Outlook, if the keep mail for settings are say set for 15 days, does that mean that in 15 days, the mails will be cleaned from the handheld and also from my outlook.

Therefore, the option needed is forever, to stop mail being wiped from Outlook.

Or have I got this wrong8-)

Dobbin 06-12-2007 05:34 AM

it means for the device only. When the time limit is reached the messages will drop off the blackberry device but remain in outlook.

Casbar 06-12-2007 08:23 AM

Thanks