BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   BES Admin Corner (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Unable to readd user BDS (BES10) (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=263778)

Kul 03-15-2013 11:48 AM

Unable to readd user BDS (BES10)

While testing, I added a user to BDS (BES10) and activated user (although had an issue where emails were not syncing), deleted the user but now I can't readd the user to the BDS again, doesnt list the user under create user option. Only gives me the option to add to the BES 5.0.3 BES Server, which indicates to me that it still thinks the user is on BES10

Any ideas what I can recover from this ? Tried restarting Exchange and BES servers

knottyrope 03-15-2013 04:35 PM

Re: Unable to readd user BDS (BES10)

try this
User stuck in database and unable to delete him to... - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

NKraft 05-02-2013 07:59 AM

The link knotty rope supposed does not reflect BES10 new SQL DB Structure
Database now is called BDSMgmt and userconfig is not a table anymore, but just a view.
I found another entry

look into http Colon wack wack forums.crackberry.com/bes-10-f321/removed-users-bes10-but-cant-add-him-back-783243

- not allowed to post links directly yet :-(

Removed users from BES10 but can't add him back - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.comwhich recommends to delete the user's row in table DeviceUser

However there are lots of tables that are dependent on entries in deviceuser, so I am feeling a bit uneasy to just delete a row in that table.
:-(

knottyrope 05-02-2013 10:00 AM

it does show that the database is a new name on second page and uses a new table name too

geh_dirt 05-02-2013 10:38 AM

I highly recommend that you never try to manually delete any records from the BDSmgmt tables.

This is a known bug and I was able to resolve it by using the KB18404 document.

This is the part that is specific to the BDS environment.

For BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10

Under BlackBerry Solution Management.
Click Manage Users.
Click View more criteria.
In the Device criteria, find the Device Status drop-down list and select Pending delete.
Click Search.

or

Under BlackBerry Solution Management.
Click Manage Users.
Click View more criteria
In the User criteria, find the Queued to delete the user drop-down list and select True.
Click Search.

The user can be purged from the database or removed immediately from the BlackBerry Enterprise Server services by performing the following steps:

Click the Display name of the user that is displayed when searching for user accounts that are queued for removal of BlackBerry Enterprise Server services.
Click Immediate removal of BlackBerry services.

NKraft 05-03-2013 02:19 AM

Well I tried
'Immediate removal of BlackBerry services' for my 'Pending delete' account and got 'One or more errors occurred. The immediate removal of the BlackBerry services was not completed'

So sometimes you need some other method of cleanup.

I somewhere read that this is a bug fixed with SP1

zoemu 10-30-2013 10:06 AM

After a lots of hours poking here and there, I came up with this instructions on how to manually completely delete a user from BES10

- Connect to database with SQL Management Studio
- Write down UserID and delete user from dbo.DeviceUser
- Delete device attached to user (check Pin # and UserId *** important***) from table dbo.Device_Parameters
- Delete Device from dbo.BAS_Devices
- Delete user from dbo.DeviceUserKey
- Delete user from dbo.BasJobTask based on DestinatonUserId field
- Delete user from dbo.EaUsers

go back and add user again... it would be like the first time

Luis (y)