BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General BlackBerry Discussion (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Giveaway for Good Samaritans (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=145337)

NickfromIL 08-15-2008 03:20 AM

Giveaway for Good Samaritans

1 Attachment(s)
Calling all members!

We have a prominent member here at BBF that needs your help. They are in serious risk of having their family home foreclosed, and I do not want to see that happen. As many of you know from experience, we all fall on hard times, and just need a little help to get back on our feet. At this time, the member in need wishes to remain anonymous. I know that I for one have been personally helped by this member, and I know many of you have been as well. Our goal is to raise at least $4,000 to prevent this member from losing the home they provide for their family that they have worked so hard to make their own. While this might seem like a lot of money, if we all pitch in any little that we can, it wont take long to save this American Dream.

I know there have been many generous donations recently, but this time when you give you have a chance to receive as well. Thanks to Horizon Wireless, OtterBox , Troy Brown Professional Consulting, BEIKS, and Themes From IL we will enter everyone who donates into a giveaway.

Currently our prizes include:
2x Replacement Trackball
2x 4GB SanDisk MicroSD Cards
2x Unlock Codes
2x 1 Hour Computer/Networking Consulting
1 Free Custom Designed Theme, and all files (including source file and icon sets)
3x OtterBox Case of choice from BlackBerry Cases // OtterBox.com
1x Pair of Ray-Ban Sunglasses, model 3193 004/82 Genmetal grey, Polarized, with soft case and cloth (image attached)
10x Full License for Noah Bible Viewer
10x BlackBerry Bold Skin in Black

And for anyone who donates $50 or more, you will also be entered to win:

A Brand New Toshiba Satellite Notebook w/15" Display and DVD/CD Burner!

I am sure this list of prizes will grow, but please don't wait. The sooner we can raise the money the better, but the deadline is midnight, September 7th, EST.

Once you have made your donation, please PM me with your email address and confirmation # for verification.

I would like to thank Horizon Wireless, Troydbrown, ezrunner, DacyJ, and BCollins521 for all of their help. Now lets all pull together to help save a very good resource from tragedy!

To donate, please click the image below:

LINK REMOVED

Note: This is being run concurrent at BlackBerryBoards.com and is independent of any specific forum. This being said, all moderators/admins are welcome to participate and will not have any advantage when it comes to winning. Anyone who donates a prize will not be eligible to win the prize they donate. Winners will be picked at random from all entries at BOTH forums combined, with no predetermined amount of winners per forum.

JSanders 08-15-2008 06:28 AM

Watch for my PM, Nick.

KimMazz 08-15-2008 06:42 AM

Nick,

Thank you for helping someone in need. I am happy to help. PM on the way.

audit 08-15-2008 06:48 AM

Nick,
Check your BBM and get back to me.

ezrunner 08-15-2008 07:00 AM

EZ will by all means do what he can

audit 08-15-2008 07:03 AM

Paypal sent, I'll see what I can dig up also through some other means.

NickfromIL 08-15-2008 09:50 AM

Wirelessly posted

Wow guys, we have already received over $200 in donations in just a few hours! Keep it up and we will be at our goal in no time (y)

hnsimpson 08-15-2008 10:13 AM

Wirelessly posted (8310 AT&T)

TeamSimpson is in.

I will send a bit this evening when I get home.

-simpson

DacyJ 08-15-2008 10:24 AM

Wirelessly posted (By Super Blackberry)

Guys this is amazing, not only will you change someones life and help a FAMILY but for a generous bid you could win a brand new laptop, that's the best deal on I've seen in a long time. Let's keep it up guys and thank each of you for donating.

audit 08-15-2008 10:50 AM

I'm trying to raise some more $ to donate. As much as I'd like that laptop, helping someone in need is top priority.

Scarlett 08-15-2008 11:29 AM

Glad to have an opportunity to help someone. Many years ago we were in the same position and were blessed to have friends to help us through the hard times. You never know when you may be the one who needs help. May God Bless them and all those who are giving. PM coming.....

TroyDBrown 08-15-2008 12:32 PM

Wirelessly posted (TMO 8120 4.5.0.52)

Thanks to everyone who is donating. This community is amazing!

I will get laptop stats for Nick to post ASAP.

I am in the middle of nowhere posting via UMA via a Typhoon Satellite uplink. I know John Clark is jealous! The best part people are freaked out my phone works! I just say its unreleased technology LOL

ezrunner 08-15-2008 12:58 PM

HAHAHHAHHAHA Troy

NickfromIL 08-15-2008 01:24 PM

I've gotten 2 donations that I did not receive PMs for. Will these 2 people please PM me so that you will be entered in the drawing? Thanks.

Shaun 08-15-2008 01:43 PM

My Donation and PM are forthcoming.

BCollins521 08-15-2008 01:46 PM

Wirelessly posted (All the cool kids are doing it)

Glad to help anyway I can so the custom theme will be built to whatever the winner wants...will send mine soon.

Oh and also the winner will receive ALL the theme files, icons, theme template, everything that goes into the theme!

NickfromIL 08-15-2008 02:59 PM

Thanks Mikey! Every donation helps!

ezrunner 08-15-2008 05:45 PM

Bliggity Blam

ala kazaaam

bumpin it up cuz

EZ gives a dam

NickfromIL 08-15-2008 06:27 PM

Wirelessly posted

We've had a great first day response so far. We are already over $300, but we have a long way to go. Even if you can only donate a few bucks it will be a big help in the long run!

NickfromIL 08-15-2008 11:45 PM

I am not ashamed to bump this for the cause.