BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   Site Suggestions, News & Problems (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What would you like to see from BlackBerryForums.com? (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=231120)

Tom 07-19-2010 07:10 PM

What would you like to see from BlackBerryForums.com?

What would make your experience on the board better? Name it and we will do our best to accommodate your suggestions!!(y)

SuperECS 07-20-2010 09:40 AM

A front page blog from a select few mods. That is probably the one thing I like better at CrackBerry. I like their blog, but the forums here seem much better.

Tom 07-20-2010 10:10 AM

A front page blog requires the dedication of several writers and a full time editor. We had this in the past with BlackBerryNews. It's a difficult thing to orchestrate and much more difficult to be on top of the game and be the first with information and news.

SuperECS 07-20-2010 10:15 AM

I don't think that you would have to have the news first. If you look at what CB does, they are always linking to other tech sites with the news. It's just a matter of readers sending in tips with the links.

But like I said, the front page blog is the ONLY reason I visit CB. I find the forums here to be more organized and be filled with better information.

Tom 07-20-2010 10:21 AM

We've been discussing bringing "BlackBerry in the News" forum back, which would be a collector of RSS feeds that relate to BlackBerry, and robot would post this automatically in that forum.

akosnitzky 07-21-2010 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom (Post 1630057)
A front page blog requires the dedication of several writers and a full time editor. We had this in the past with BlackBerryNews. It's a difficult thing to orchestrate and much more difficult to be on top of the game and be the first with information and news.

Ideal to have but I agree very difficult to implement effectively.

Is it feasible for you to have tweetchats or some other social media events? When you started the site, we know that there were less media methods than before. Easy to facilitate. I am not sure how it documents traffic on site other than draw new members.

akosnitzky 07-22-2010 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pocha2010 (Post 1630940)
I would like to see the features of this model

Look here: General Legacy Device Discussion - BlackBerryForums.com : Your Number One BlackBerry Community

and

look here: 7100 Series FAQ's - BlackBerryFAQ

jsconyers 07-22-2010 02:48 PM

I believe pocha2010 is a spammer given their questionable profile and the links in their signature.

aiharkness 07-22-2010 05:57 PM

To tell you the truth, the only complaint I have is not being able to see profiles when using the wap version of the forum. Of course you can click on the poster's name and see some profile information, but not the model, OS, carrier, and location information.

Ok, I do have one other small complaint. The subscription message that is sent when someone posts using the wap site contains only the link to the post at the full html version of the forum. -- I think I have that right. At least there's something about the messages corresponding to wap posts that is a problem. -- I don't have a clue if that is something that can be changed, but it would be nice to get the links to posts at the wap site as well as the link to the full html site, similar to the subcription messages that are sent for posts to the full html site.

EDIT: Now I remember .... The notices of posts made to a subscribed thread do not show the text of the post for posts made to the wap version of the forums. Would be nice if the notices were the same as they are for posts that are made to the full html version of the forum.

SteveO86 07-22-2010 07:21 PM

From what I have seen from other websites - Blogs, Pod casts, Chats, video chats (Smartphone experts does that ever so often), give aways (of course this cost money).

I'm not saying BBF do all/any of these, it should be planned out and discussed, with the users to see what they are interested in, and what dedicated forum members can participate what tasks.

As for me, I am happy with BBF anything BBF does to expand is always good to see.

Tom 07-23-2010 12:32 AM

Thank you for the input guys! We are working on Social Networking, and we are working on a new version of the Forums available via BlackBerry Browser.

sycosmos 07-23-2010 03:50 AM

Does here have any tutorials for Blackberry simulators?

aiharkness 07-23-2010 06:15 AM

Wirelessly posted

Looking forward to the new mobile version of the forum. Not that my complaints with the current site are that great; just excited that it will be even better.

akosnitzky 07-23-2010 07:10 AM

Good news on both items.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

Preroll 07-23-2010 12:21 PM

Security Forum Needed

Ok, I think the time has come for a security section to be added to the forum as there are numerous new third party apps that have either exploited email addresses, added malicious code in the background to spy on users, etc. I'm always skeptical about FREE stuff. I for one have found a few apps that have tried to exploit email addresses. Perhaps some of these topics could or should go under the After Market section but I think there should be a section that plainly focuses on software that intentionally exploits users. Luckily the built in firewall and password to prevent app installation is of some help, but then again there are RIM apps that I'm not too sure about either. Those of course cannot be controlled by the OS's firewall, etc.

Anyway, regardless of my personal paranoia, I still think such a section would be appropriate for future discussions as these so called smartphones are getting just as vulnerable as a home PC.

Just my two cents....thanks.

Tom 07-24-2010 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Preroll (Post 1631543)
Ok, I think the time has come for a security section to be added to the forum as there are numerous new third party apps that have either exploited email addresses, added malicious code in the background to spy on users, etc. I'm always skeptical about FREE stuff. I for one have found a few apps that have tried to exploit email addresses. Perhaps some of these topics could or should go under the After Market section but I think there should be a section that plainly focuses on software that intentionally exploits users. Luckily the built in firewall and password to prevent app installation is of some help, but then again there are RIM apps that I'm not too sure about either. Those of course cannot be controlled by the OS's firewall, etc.

Anyway, regardless of my personal paranoia, I still think such a section would be appropriate for future discussions as these so called smartphones are getting just as vulnerable as a home PC.

Just my two cents....thanks.

Security section was added last night!

Tom 07-27-2010 12:00 PM

The forums have been a bit re-arranged to flow a bit better on the main page, let me know what you think!

devnull 07-27-2010 07:11 PM

It would be nice if there was a way to search for new posts but with exclusions. For instance, I wanna see all new posts, but exclude anything related to BES.

Tom 07-27-2010 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by devnull (Post 1633328)
It would be nice if there was a way to search for new posts but with exclusions. For instance, I wanna see all new posts, but exclude anything related to BES.

Is this what you are looking for? I just put this together for users like yourself!
http://www.blackberryforums.com/site...ml#post1633394

devnull 07-28-2010 05:20 AM

Exactly...Thanks Tom. You are making this site much easier to use.