BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   RIM Software (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Remove IT Policy (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=67224)

John Clark 12-04-2007 11:40 PM

Ok...I must confess. It's been quite a while since I've looked at the Policy.bin in the post. I was sure that split pipe connection was set to "true" in the policy.bin I had posted. However, in reviewing it this evening, I realize that it wasn't. Sorry to everyone who used this and was getting that error. My bad. Anyway, I've posted a new one with a few minor changes, including split pipe connections. I've posted the code that is included in the policy.bin so that you can review what I've done before you load it to your device.

Please post if you think I should change something in the policy.bin.

Hope this helps.

~John

onelove5683 12-05-2007 02:21 AM

Haha, I was wondering why the ITPolicy.bin floating around had the SplitPipeConnection as "false". Glad you were able to change it John. And I am assuming that I was ok in making mine say "true"? Either way it still didn't allow Opera to work. Any thoughts?

asymptote 12-06-2007 02:58 PM

Is there a policy.bin file around that enables the Bluetooth sync?

ronr 12-10-2007 11:29 PM

I just did this with a 7105t that I am setting up for my daughter. It worked like a charm!

Thank you so much!

rby1 12-14-2007 07:01 PM

What to do if remove it policy doesn't work

I had trouble with this the first 19 times. I suspected it was because my registry said "current user" and the instructions said "current users". However this is irrelevant.

Just follow the instructions as posted. However:

After changing the registry, restart the computer.
The Blackberry should be freshly wiped. Wipe it, let it reboot and don't touch it.
Open Device Manager
Plug in Blackberry
Blackberry screen will say Connecting to Desktop
Computer will ask if you want to backup. I click no
Wait a few seconds for it to connect
Unplug and it policy is gone (it will still ask for new password but the option to disable will no appear)

When you want to do subsequent blackberrys, just close device manager, open it again and plug in the blackberry

jacjar1 12-18-2007 09:51 PM

Thanks

This works great. I had a default policy from last employer and could load applications but couldnt turn off the password. Now I can...(y) :smile:

helfrez 12-22-2007 08:56 PM

I loaded this policy on a 8300 and it removed the default locks, however I still don't have the ability to send SMS text messages. Running the latest 4.2.2 for AT&T downloaded from RIM. I can compose MMS and Call mobile, no compose sms text options.

I checked that the network to send was set to GSM, and I cant find anything out of place. Any idea what may be missing? Cold start didnt restore the option.

helfrez 12-23-2007 12:22 PM

So far no luck helping out a friend with the Curve...just cant seems to get the Compose SMS option to show back up..any ideas?

vikjts 01-05-2008 10:14 AM

There is a problem with this policy.bin. Read my thread "Password doesn't work!!".

John Clark 01-05-2008 11:57 PM

There's no problem with the policy.bin.

Sith_Apprentice 01-13-2008 02:28 PM

i still cannot disable the firewall. I get the prompts but then the enable/disbale has a little locked icon next to it. of course this is a device that was linked with RIMs BES... soo.. maybe wont work

John Clark 01-13-2008 02:39 PM

Wirelessly posted (BB 8860: BlackBerry8320/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

No, you can't disable the firewall. The policy won't open it. If you have a 4.3 device you can use JL_Cmder to resettofactory and remove all restrictions.

Sith_Apprentice 01-13-2008 03:19 PM

cant get JT of Bbtoday to connect without it apparently. I also have an option that ive not messed with before. I havent looked it up but Secure GC is enabled

Multipath 01-31-2008 01:14 PM

John,

I have struggled with getting my BlueTooth Wireless Bypass desktop connectivity restored since I left the BES from my previous company. I was able to get RIM, via T-Mobile support, to push a policy to the 8100 that restored it, but for some reason it has been lost again. I have read through several strings regarding this, and have looked at the code for the policy.bin that you kindly posted. I don't see a line in that policy that will change the Wireless Bypass back to True. Am I missing it or is it not there? And if it is not there, do you know where I can find a policy.bin that does restore full BlueTooth functionality? Thanks!

rybgood 02-09-2008 06:21 AM

More Help

I have purchased a used BB. When I got it, the email set up and web browser worked fine. Unfortunately, I was not able to install 3rd party apps because of the IT block of 3rd party apps. This was frustrating, so I tried out this process. Now I can not access the email option to establish new personal accounts, nor can I access the web browser (the icon does not even appear). What should I do? HELP!

John Clark 02-09-2008 08:20 AM

Go to Options >Advanced Options >Host Routing Table >hit menu key >Select "Register Now."

bredrin1 02-11-2008 11:18 PM

This can work with any Blackberry? I buy and sell phones so we come across the IT policy that says NO PHONE which means the phone cannot make or rcv calls but everything else works

rybgood 02-14-2008 03:52 AM

Thank You

OK,

All is well. It is working perfectly with my BBerry now. Another happy camper.

Thanks a million,
Rybgood :smile: (y)

John Clark 02-23-2008 12:27 PM

Added a Note to the first post to go back and remove the policy.bin and the registry entry after finishing so that this policy isn't inadvertantly added to future BB's that are plugged in to the same computer.

dannyboyblue 02-29-2008 10:20 PM

having problems

So I just bought a bb and am having this problem. After I download the policy.bin and save it I go to regedit and I navigate to HKEY_Current_Users\Software\Research In Motion\....after that there isn't a \blackberry]policymanager for me to rename.......any ideas of what I've done wrong or missed?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Danny