BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   Sensitive Discussions (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   President Obama and Evolution (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=172128)

mriff 10-14-2012 02:08 PM

Re: President Obama and Evolution

Quote:

Originally Posted by djm2 (Post 1789776)
Well, I imagine that he became a politician because most of his patients "went on to a better place" due to his unique skills.

That and the fact that his constituents are mostly as nuts as he is.

TBOLTRAM 10-15-2012 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mriff (Post 1789838)
That and the fact that his constituents are mostly as nuts as he is.

The really scary part is that people like that can reproduce. That is scary on at least three different levels.

mriff 10-18-2012 03:16 PM

Bill Nye, in response to U.S. Rep. Paul C. Broun, R-Ga., a member of the U.S. House of Representatives Committee on Science, Space, and Technology. Video of Broun calling evolution and the Big Bang Theory xxx8220;lies straight from the pit of Hellxxx8221; went viral in recent days.

"He is, by any measure, unqualified to make decisions about science, space, and technology."

TBOLTRAM 10-21-2012 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mriff (Post 1790133)
Bill Nye, in response to U.S. Rep. Paul C. Broun, R-Ga., a member of the U.S. House of Representatives Committee on Science, Space, and Technology. Video of Broun calling evolution and the Big Bang Theory xxx8220;lies straight from the pit of Hellxxx8221; went viral in recent days.

"He is, by any measure, unqualified to make decisions about science, space, and technology."

It is questionable if he can walk and chew gum at the same time.

mriff 10-21-2012 05:48 PM

Who, Bill Nye or Paul C. Broun? :razz:

TBOLTRAM 10-21-2012 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mriff (Post 1790308)
Who, Bill Nye or Paul C. Broun? :razz:

Dr. Who?

mriff 10-22-2012 07:26 PM

Dr. Who would definitely side with Bill Nye...

mriff 11-22-2012 10:07 AM

Here Is What Louisiana Schoolchildren Learn About Evolution

Unbelievable. Way to go LA. Science organizations planning conferences are right to avoid your state.

TBOLTRAM 11-25-2012 08:49 PM

Damn third world countries.

kathrynhr 11-28-2012 02:55 PM

Wow... this thread is still going! :-)

jsconyers 11-28-2012 02:57 PM

WB Katrhyn! How have things been? Still using the EVO?

kathrynhr 11-28-2012 03:07 PM

JS! How have you been?

Things are good. I am (drum roll) finishing up my first novel, and hope to submit it for publication in January. That's consumed all of my nonexistent free time for months. Otherwise things are the same as they've always been. Job, family, teaching Dave Ramsey classes at my church, voluntarily overextending myself and xxxxxing about it after the fact. All the typical Kathryn hobbies. :-)

Still using the EVO 4G. Extended battery, experimental OS. The last ROM I flashed was Mason-G-v0.14. That was back in August. I've been so happy with it I haven't touched it since.

mriff 11-28-2012 04:51 PM

Wow, a blast from the past! Glad to hear from you Kathryn. Best of luck on getting your novel published.

mriff 01-24-2013 01:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Couldn't resist.

kathrynhr 01-24-2013 02:26 PM

Many things frighten and confuse me. Coffee klatches, wild buffalo, Nancy Pelosi, charismatics, the baggage retrieval system at Heathrow...

I was under the impression that meant I was neurotic.

Thanks for clearing that up, mriff! (y)

mriff 01-24-2013 02:30 PM

Lol. Can't help you with Nancy Pelosi. And I haven't had the pleasure of dealing with the baggage retrieval system at Heathrow! :razz:

mriff 01-24-2013 07:33 PM

Interesting post. I would only offer that belief is the wrong word. I don't 'believe' in evolution, but I do understand the science that supports the Theory of Evolution. And there is an overwhelming body of evidence, otherwise, it wouldn't be elevated to a Scientific Theory.

And I agree, it is very clear that humans didn't evolve from apes, and no evolutionary biologist supports this notion. But it is quite clear that apes and humans had a common ancestor.

TBOLTRAM 01-27-2013 07:22 PM

I believe some human type are de-evolving and in a few years our politicians will look like apes.

kathrynhr 01-28-2013 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TBOLTRAM (Post 1797737)
I believe some human type are de-evolving and in a few years our politicians will look like apes.

In a few years? Some of them are way ahead of the curve, T-bolt. :-(

TBOLTRAM 01-28-2013 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kathrynhr (Post 1797814)
In a few years? Some of them are way ahead of the curve, T-bolt. :-(

There is a difference between looking like and acting like . . .