BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 9800 Series Discussion - Torch (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=142)
-   -   9850 - Back and BB buttons (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=256727)

phantomtech 01-04-2012 08:53 AM

9850 - Back and BB buttons

I tried searching for this, but the search keeps returning an error.

I'm running a Sprint 9850, OS 7.1, for a while now, (even on OS7.0), my back button and BB buttons didn't always seem to work. Since yesterday, they have not worked at all. I do feel the "click" when I press them, but it's like the OS doesn't recognize what to do.

Has anyone else had this issue? If so, barring returning the phone, how were you able to fix it. If I have to, I will take it back to Sprint and get a replacement, but want to do that as a last resort.

Thanks in advance for the help.

phantomtech 01-04-2012 11:18 AM

Re: 9850 - Back and BB buttons

I just reloaded OS7.1 on my phone after doing a wipe (thanks JL_CMDR). My phone seems to be functioning correctly now.

phantomtech 01-04-2012 11:28 AM

I guess I spoke too soon. It's back to not allowing the use of the buttons and it says I have 30 messages, yet I only have 1. I checked my saved folder and all the mail folders on my BB and don't see the additional 30 messages.

Maybe it's time to use this phone as a door stop and get something different.

juwaack68 01-04-2012 12:11 PM

When I've had to reload my OS (or hell, even after I upgrade), it does the funky message count thing to me. I usually remove my email account and it shows me the 'unread' messages. Then I re-add the account.

phantomtech 01-05-2012 10:30 AM

juwaack68 - thanks for that. I did that with all 8 email accounts and now it is working correctly.

I still have the button issue to work on. Sometimes it works right sometimes it doesn't. I have uninstalled all extraneous applications from my BB and it still happens so I am guessing either the buttons are going bad or there is an OS issue with recognizing the buttons.

southwestcomm 01-08-2012 08:34 PM

nothing similar happening on my device. could be a hardware issue.

dongkhoi 04-27-2012 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phantomtech (Post 1762119)
I tried searching for this, but the search keeps returning an error.

I'm running a Sprint 9850, OS 7.1, for a while now, (even on OS7.0), my back button and BB buttons didn't always seem to work. Since yesterday, they have not worked at all. I do feel the "click" when I press them, but it's like the OS doesn't recognize what to do.

Has anyone else had this issue? If so, barring returning the phone, how were you able to fix it. If I have to, I will take it back to Sprint and get a replacement, but want to do that as a last resort.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Same thing keeps on happening to me...the back button doesn't always work even if I reloaded different os several times already.