BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General Legacy Device Discussion (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=137)
-   -   8700c voicemail button get invalid no. (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=33308)

photohc 04-25-2006 10:12 PM

8700c voicemail button get invalid no.

I upgraded my 8700c with Tmobile ver of 8700g software and now I get an invalid v/m no. when I depress the 1 key. Any thoughts on how to correct this?

nsbalt 04-25-2006 10:18 PM

Go into phone, select options, select voicemail - - - change the voicemail access number.

photohc 04-25-2006 10:57 PM

I checked the number and it is correct. I tried erasing and re-input but same results. I'm confused...

DuckWingDuck 04-26-2006 12:49 AM

Hello fellow Irvine user!

Will rerequesting HRT help with this?

nodogrules 04-26-2006 08:40 AM

You are getting this when you hold down the '1' key for vmail, right?

I had the same problem when I upgraded from an 8100g to 8700c on cingular.

You may notice that in speed dial the '1' key is actually the 'W' key. I ended up copying my vmail number from the phone-->options-voicemail area into the speed dial for 'W'. Then it worked just fine.

If there is another speed dial key that should be used for vmail (instead of the 'W') I would be interested in knowing what it is. Otherwise, I assume this is the way I needed to set it up.

Cheers.

Stinsonddog 04-26-2006 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by photohc
I upgraded my 8700c with Tmobile ver of 8700g software and now I get an invalid v/m no. when I depress the 1 key. Any thoughts on how to correct this?

Delete anything assigned to the W key. Remove battery and reboot. Give that a try.

niteqwill 04-26-2006 10:50 AM

Yes.

Remove the Speed DIal Entry for W. Reboot. It works 100%

4tay 04-26-2006 03:50 PM

I had the same problem and did this and it worked!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stinsonddog
Delete anything assigned to the W key. Remove battery and reboot. Give that a try.

justin.culp 04-27-2006 11:52 AM

Here is the real deal fix.....took me a few times but I got it.

If you see invalid phone number when holding down 1 or 'w'....do this:

Go to the phone app....wheelclick....view speed dial list....go down to 'w'....wheelclick....(it should say unknown number or something like that)....delete.

Close the phone app....go to the host routing table...re-register the handheld. Turn off the handheld.....remove battery for 30 secs...pop battery back in...turn the wirelss on.....

Works for me everytime....by everytime I mean everytime I changes OS's. Just changed today and this worked great.

yankee_fan 04-27-2006 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justin.culp
Here is the real deal fix.....took me a few times but I got it.

If you see invalid phone number when holding down 1 or 'w'....do this:

Go to the phone app....wheelclick....view speed dial list....go down to 'w'....wheelclick....(it should say unknown number or something like that)....delete.

Close the phone app....go to the host routing table...re-register the handheld. Turn off the handheld.....remove battery for 30 secs...pop battery back in...turn the wirelss on.....

Works for me everytime....by everytime I mean everytime I changes OS's. Just changed today and this worked great.

thanks!!! i was having the same problem and it worked perfect.

Stinsonddog 05-17-2006 06:44 PM

Weird, but my voicemail became the Q key and it took a few of the fix tries to get it back to the W key. Could have been a loose SIM card?