BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   Aftermarket Software (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   GVdialer for Google Voice (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=185239)

gaddim 04-09-2009 05:28 PM

GVdialer for Google Voice

Check out gvdialer. com - Google Voice application for Blackberry, iPhone, Android, Nokia and Windows Mobile. Routes your calls automatically via your Google Voice account.
We are looking for BETA testers with Google Voice accounts that will download the free trial and provide feedback.... thanks!

MrKyoo 04-09-2009 06:49 PM

I'll give it a try.

MrKyoo 04-09-2009 07:19 PM

Notice: GVdialer failed to route the call due to a temporary error or wrong application permission. Please open GVdialer and click "troubleshoot". message #83

Dawg 04-09-2009 07:38 PM

ill give it a whirl

rboy 04-09-2009 08:33 PM

i will give it a try

VIOLATOR 04-10-2009 06:18 AM

I am willing to help and see how this application works.

David

MrKyoo 04-10-2009 09:36 AM

Dialing from the call log is either hit or miss.

ReMo9071 04-11-2009 04:47 PM

worked nicely on my Bold. I'll give it a go for a few days.

MrKyoo 04-14-2009 08:08 AM

Now that the bugs are ironed out. This app runs very well. I especially like how easy it is to log into your inbox and your voice mail directly from the GVdialer.

MrKyoo 04-23-2009 08:30 AM

GVdialer Upgrade

Quote:

Valued GVdialer User,

Last night, Google Voice changed the setting of the Google Voice accounts.

From today accessing Google Voice from your cell phone requires entering your Voicemail PIN even from registered phones.

This requires a change in your GVdialer application.

The good news is we have already implemented an update that will fix this issue (and have been testing it while you sleep).

We will be releasing an upgraded version of GVdialer during the day. More good news - The upgrade will also include fixes to some of your feedback over the past days and weeks.

We will be sending another email to instruct you on how to get the new version to your phone.

We appreciate your patience as we constantly improve GVdialer according to your feedback.

FYI - Those of you who paid for the full version will get this free (just in case you were worried)

Best regards

GVdialer Support Team

GVdialer Home

GLOCKshooter 04-23-2009 09:28 PM

Waiting for the upgrade e-mail.

dualsub2006 04-23-2009 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GLOCKshooter (Post 1363330)
Waiting for the upgrade e-mail.

See, I was all set to buy GVdialer and then this happened. I was able to make a quick change in my CardKaller settings and had the problem sorted in just a few seconds. GVdialer hasn't worked all day. I am going to pass on GVdialer.

MrKyoo 04-23-2009 11:07 PM

Quote:

It seems like we will not be releasing the update today after all, as we need to be sure that GVdialer is fine-tuned with the new Google platform, and this requires some more testing.

However, we are releasing the version to a group of test users.
I'm beta testing this new version now.

dualsub2006 04-24-2009 04:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrKyoo (Post 1363421)
I'm beta testing this new version now.

I just got the email that says they aren't releasing the new version until next week. That pretty well seals it for me. CardKaller settings are editable and I had it working again in minutes.

GLOCKshooter 04-25-2009 08:13 PM

I am trying out Cardkaller now.

monuman 04-27-2009 10:17 AM

I've been using the dialer and like it.
I just don't like the fact the when you use the "ask for every call" option that it would dial the number, hang-up then ask you.

camaxtli 05-04-2009 08:09 PM

It finally works for me after maybe a week of experiencing issues with this on a 8350i. Their support is pretty quick to reply and the price isn't that high. I may have to add it to my apps so I can fully use google voice.

rta53 05-05-2009 01:35 PM

Since installing this about a week ago my 8330 has rebooted 2 times while I was on a call. Don't know for sure if this is related to GVDialer but don't think I ever had it happen before.

Lee2706 05-05-2009 10:53 PM

In another thread you said "Are you asking if you can initiate a call from the browser on your BlackBerry and have it ring your voice phone? Yes, you can. You do not have to access the mobile website from the same phone that you use as a forwarding phone. You could initiate a call or SMS conversation in the browser. In the case of an SMS conversation you could continue to use the browser instead of your voice phone. Just hit refresh every so often.

Text messages would go to your voice phone if you enable it and any email notifications that you set up via email would go to your BlackBerry."

My question was regarding using my BB as a data only device and my cell phone (different device) for voice.

Can I, with this dialer, dial on my blackberry even without phone service, and have GVdialer pick it up and then ring my separate cell phone?

Edit : Ill try the free trial and find out actually. This would be very cool
Edit2 : It looks like it dials GVoice via the phone app, so it doesnt work without a voice plan on the BBerry. If it used data to connect to GVoice and then dial it would. Is that a planned option in the future?

GLOCKshooter 05-17-2009 11:15 AM

I have turned off GVdialer and CardKaller on my phone. Both way more hassle than they are worth. Google Voice itself works great, especially once I got the settings ironed out.