BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   Rumor Mill (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Jim Balsillie is leaving... (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=255526)

Cooper 11-18-2011 10:25 AM

Jim Balsillie is leaving...

So I was out last night and I ran into some RIM employees. I was with a friend who works at RIM and they were having a conversation about what department they were in and the other person stated "oh you're under Jim's control? you're gone, sorry man you're out"

It was an incredibly bold statement followed by the person saying that Balsillie right now is being pushed out of the organization and many of the groups he is in control of right now are going to be wiped clean and rebuilt.

Obviously this is a very hard rumour to believe, even if it is a RIM employee who may or may not have that kind of insider information.

We'll see how this one pans out, if they were right I'll be gobsmacked that an employee would chose to share such information with someone who is more or less a random stranger.

NJBlackBerry 11-18-2011 05:10 PM

Re: Jim Balsillie is leaving...

Same friend who told you this? http://www.blackberryforums.com/rumo...s-horizon.html

ZombieBerry 11-18-2011 06:18 PM

I would be more gobsmacked that an entry to mid level worker would know that a CEO was leaving. If two guys in a bar know, then a heck of a lot more people would know, and tech sites and blogosphere would already be buzzing.

daphne 11-18-2011 11:22 PM

Cooper it sounds like someone is messing with you with these "rumors".

stevetaz 11-19-2011 10:36 AM

Cooper, was this when you first got to the bar or after you had been there for several hours and several rounds?

jslawell 11-19-2011 03:32 PM

Cooper do you work fir BGR?

Cooper 11-19-2011 07:54 PM

- No I don't work for BGR
- No, the person who said Jim is leaving is not the same person who mentioned to me playbooks were probably getting discontinued.
- The person who said this was not drunk, they probably had a couple pints in them tho.
- I never said these people were at the bottom of the totem within RIM, don't assume it's just 'lowly' workers who spread bs rumours.

As I said, this seemed pretty ballsy but I've now heard from someone who is actually close to VP's and they've heard rumblings about this "exit"

Take it as you wish I'm not forcing anyone to believe me. I can recall being one of the first posters of original Bold (someone posted another thread saying it was parts and most considered it to be fake BB parts) but I ended up having the right info on that. I'm just passing what I am being told if I feel there might be some little bit of truth to it. It is called a rumor-mill ...

Thiego-uk 11-21-2011 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jslawell (Post 1755794)
Cooper do you work fir BGR?

LOL! I had same though!

@ Cooper - Thanks for sharing mate!

Cooper 01-03-2012 03:00 PM

http://www.therecord.com/news/busine...-board-shakeup

So the stock is rallying because the board is rumoured to be asking Jim or Mike (or both) to step down as co-CEO(s)

So this is somewhat close to my rumour that Jim was going to be asked to leave his role (or possibly the company)

penguin3107 01-03-2012 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cooper (Post 1762011)
TheRecord - RIM stock up more than five per cent on reports of...

So the stock is rallying because the board is rumoured to be asking Jim or Mike (or both) to step down as co-CEO(s)

No, that's not what that article says.
JB and/or ML may be losing their co-chairman of the board positions... not their co-CEO positions.
At present, they each hold both positions.

In my opinion, they should both lose everything and start polishing up their LinkedIn profiles.

NJBlackBerry 01-03-2012 03:48 PM

He'll keep trying...
Back to the bar for more rumors..

stevetaz 01-03-2012 04:30 PM

As long as he buys....

fourstringfuror 01-03-2012 05:00 PM

I'll sell RIM trade secrets if drinks are on him.

Bacchus15 01-03-2012 11:43 PM

Hum...same rumor but a bit upgraded:

Both Co-CEO "kicked out" by the board to be replaced by Barbara Stymiest

found on a french (Quebec) tech oriented news taking its source on Forbes and Financial Post

Cooper 01-04-2012 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJBlackBerry (Post 1762015)
He'll keep trying...
Back to the bar for more rumors..

Lol.

Cooper 01-04-2012 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguin3107 (Post 1762014)
No, that's not what that article says.
JB and/or ML may be losing their co-chairman of the board positions... not their co-CEO positions.
At present, they each hold both positions.

In my opinion, they should both lose everything and start polishing up their LinkedIn profiles.

Right right... forgot they not only share a CEO position but they share a chairman of the board position...

Anyways, yes Jim and Mike need to kind of step back, this isn't some little company with big dreams anymore. They (Mike especially) are way too emotionally involved which has blinded their ability to keep the company going.

If anything Mike and Jim are already on enough other boards in Waterloo... (IQC, PI, CIGI all institutes they fund)

All the rest of you keep making fun of me all you want. I'll reiterate this is a rumor section so why some of you chose to be assholes and mock me is a little confusing.... of course it is the internet so it isn't really unexpected.

NJBlackBerry 01-04-2012 03:08 PM

Wow. Taking yourself a BIT too seriously, eh?
Back to the bar for more rumors...

dc/dc 01-04-2012 03:09 PM

I will be taking over all RIM jobs.

NJBlackBerry 01-04-2012 03:24 PM

You are getting a RIM job? Excellent!

dc/dc 01-04-2012 06:14 PM

Oh yes. I am taking all RIM jobs, from the chairmen on down. There will be no more of this nonsense, and Cooper will not hear any additional rumours at the bar except how good RIM jobs are.