BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 8100 Series Discussion - Pearl (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   mms on tmobile and no need for blackberry plan (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=76949)

acris24 05-17-2007 10:17 AM

mms on tmobile and no need for blackberry plan anymore!! save $$$

just got off the phone with tmobile and they now how a FREE plan as long as you have a text messaging plan that allows you to send mms. by doing so you no longer need to add the blackberry plan for 20 bux a month in order to send an mms..thought id share the good news and save you guys $20 for those that don't use the email functions of the phone.sorry if this is a repost.(y)you would need to call cc to have ur old bb plan taken off and this new enabler turned on :)

the is called: BlackBerry Feature Enabler (Free)

This no cost feature allows customers with certain Blackberry devices who are not signed up for BlackBerry service to enjoy phone features such as Picture Messaging, Instant Messaging and t-zones.

cingular users are not alone as i think cingular has the same feature now!

Ibizan 05-17-2007 10:31 AM

Jesus...this is great...I wish stupid Movistar (Spain) would do the same...I have to pay 25€ for the damm plan...which I dont. thats what I call STEEP :x

and1auzzie 05-17-2007 10:50 PM

So how do we use the 5.99 unlimited inernet? or is that not available?

MegaMan X 05-17-2007 11:01 PM

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8100/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

5.99 let's you use opera mini and JiveTalk on the phone

MegaMan X 05-17-2007 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acris24 (Post 539173)
just got off the phone with tmobile and they now how a FREE plan as long as you have a text messaging plan that allows you to send mms. by doing so you no longer need to add the blackberry plan for 20 bux a month in order to send an mms..thought id share the good news and save you guys $20 for those that don't use the email functions of the phone.sorry if this is a repost.(y)you would need to call cc to have ur old bb plan taken off and this new enabler turned on :)

the is called: BlackBerry Feature Enabler (Free)

This no cost feature allows customers with certain Blackberry devices who are not signed up for BlackBerry service to enjoy phone features such as Picture Messaging, Instant Messaging and t-zones.

cingular users are not alone as i think cingular has the same feature now!

i can confirm it works, called in for a friend of mine:

for t-mobile customers
call 611, say english, then say blackberry, aftewards just say you want the blackberry feature enabler when talking to CSR

and1auzzie 05-17-2007 11:41 PM

but it says to activate on via services on mytmobile.com as it wont let me over the air using t-zones

MegaMan X 05-18-2007 12:18 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by and1auzzie (Post 539626)
but it says to activate on via services on mytmobile.com as it wont let me over the air using t-zones

it'll look like this

beyondalegend 05-18-2007 12:44 AM

I can't find this add on anywhere! Help!

MegaMan X 05-18-2007 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beyondalegend (Post 539644)
I can't find this add on anywhere! Help!

you need to call, because this have to verify you have a blackberry, as well as a text messaging plan.

beyondalegend 05-18-2007 12:51 AM

Thanks dude!

beyondalegend 05-18-2007 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acris24 (Post 539173)

I just called and a sales rep told me that the only thing it enables is mms. Instant Messenger will not work unless you have the bb unlimited for 20 bucks

Willie115 05-18-2007 01:03 AM

Great find... as for the 5.99 one... if it even exist.

MegaMan X 05-18-2007 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beyondalegend (Post 539656)
I just called and a sales rep told me that the only thing it enables is mms. Instant Messenger will not work unless you have the bb unlimited for 20 bucks

if you enable it, and use $5.99 tmobileweb plan, you can use jivetalk and opera mini :smile:

just have to make sure the apn setting is set to wap.voicestream.com

the OZ messenger does indeed work with the freebie plan though. my friend has tested this already.

beyondalegend 05-18-2007 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MegaMan X (Post 539663)
if you enable it, and use $5.99 tmobileweb plan, you can use jivetalk and opera mini :smile:

just have to make sure the apn setting is set to wap.voicestream.com

the OZ messenger does indeed work with the freebie plan though. my friend has tested this already.

Yeah, I called again and apparently the first dude had no clue what he was talking about! Thanks again man!(y)

Ibizan 05-18-2007 06:52 AM

aaaahhhhh!!!! :x

I hate you guys....you are so lucky!

:razz:

kiddiosky 05-18-2007 08:22 AM

What does this BlackBerry Feature Enabler (Free) actually give us?
And if I want free instant message, I still have to order the 14.99 unlimited texting?

kiddiosky 05-18-2007 08:24 AM

What does this BlackBerry Feature Enabler (Free) actually giving us?

IF I get this FREE plan, and still want to use instant message, I still have to pay for 5.99 t-zone and 14.99 unlimited text messaging right?

beyondalegend 05-18-2007 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiddiosky (Post 539798)
What does this BlackBerry Feature Enabler (Free) actually giving us?

IF I get this FREE plan, and still want to use instant message, I still have to pay for 5.99 t-zone and 14.99 unlimited text messaging right?

BlackBerry Feature Enabler

Yeah, I think unlimited text messaging is required for instant messaging. If I'm wrong, someone please let me know.(y)

kiddiosky 05-18-2007 11:12 AM

Quote:

BlackBerry Feature Enabler
If I get this, and install Oprea Mini... will I still be able to surf the web? and Check Email through Oprea Mini?

beyondalegend 05-18-2007 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiddiosky (Post 539974)
If I get this, and install Oprea Mini... will I still be able to surf the web? and Check Email through Oprea Mini?

Yeah, opera mini still works.(y)