BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   Sensitive Discussions (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   President Obama and Evolution (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=172128)

TBOLTRAM 07-06-2011 08:51 AM

Re: President Obama and Evolution

I finally figured it out. Politicians de-evolve. This answers a lot of questions. Given enough time they will turn into "missing" links.

mriff 07-06-2011 11:25 AM

If there were such things as 'missing links', maybe. :razz:

mriff 07-06-2011 08:00 PM

I was reading around on some science blogs (PZ Myers: Pharyngula) and saw an old listing of Kent Hovind's (I refuse to call him Doctor) list of reasons why the earth is 6,000 years old. Here they are.

Evolution is Religion, not Science says Dr. Hovind

TBOLTRAM 07-06-2011 08:58 PM

Eh, if Kent Hovind's gene pool has only been around for 6000 years maybe he is a true missing link. Think about it.

mriff 07-18-2011 07:51 PM

Things are heating up over in TX again. Pretty shocking what the board of education is putting forth. What a mess. And Governor Perry is the man behind the nominations.

Education Board war escalates

TBOLTRAM 07-19-2011 06:43 AM

Perry is an idiot. He thinks that prostituting himself to the wing nuts will get him elected president. I think that is a proper use of the verb prostitute.

mriff 07-19-2011 04:44 PM

Would you consider this guy one of his wing nuts?

Rick Perry Partner John Benefiel Claims Homosexuality Is An Illuminati Conspiracy | Right Wing Watch

djm2 07-20-2011 03:28 PM

Yes, I'd consider him a Grade-A wing nut.

Did anybody else pick up on the innuendo of referring to Benefiel as Perry's "parrtner." ROTFLMAO

TBOLTRAM 07-20-2011 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djm2 (Post 1733709)
Yes, I'd consider him a Grade-A wing nut.

Did anybody else pick up on the innuendo of referring to Benefiel as Perry's "parrtner." ROTFLMAO

I had not considered the possibility of Perry being a Log Cabin Republican. On the other hand do you think he might come out if he thought it would get him elected? LOL

djm2 07-23-2011 12:53 PM

TBOLT -- A politician would do ANYTHING if he/she thought it would get them elected. Dress in drag, pretend to be in the closet so they could come out, play the main actor in the donkey show -- heck donkey in the donkey show -- nothing is too base for a politician hungry for their currency -- power. Even a common streetwalker has a higher moral code than those scum-sucking parasites.

mriff 07-23-2011 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djm2 (Post 1734178)
Even a common streetwalker has a higher moral code than those scum-sucking parasites.

:razz:

mriff 07-24-2011 12:26 PM

Saner heads prevailed in Texas at the SBOE meeting.

Anti-Science Forces Try to Spin Loss « Texas Freedom Network

mriff 07-24-2011 12:33 PM

From the Dallas Morning News:

New science e-books approved by state education board | Dallas-Fort Worth Education News - News for Dallas, Texas - The Dallas Morning News

And in the comments, this gem from barnyfife! :razz:

Any one with thinking brain knows that evolution is a farce foisted upon gullible minds, thus rendering the deceived recipients quite stupid at best. God created all things seen and unseen. He created all creatures after their own kind. The so-called "science' of evolution is a satanic lie to deceive the wicked. Grow up people and reject the fairy tale of evolution.

djm2 07-24-2011 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mriff (Post 1734304)
From the Dallas Morning News:

New science e-books approved by state education board | Dallas-Fort Worth Education News - News for Dallas, Texas - The Dallas Morning News

And in the comments, this gem from barnyfife! :razz:

Any one with thinking brain knows that evolution is a farce foisted upon gullible minds, thus rendering the deceived recipients quite stupid at best. God created all things seen and unseen. He created all creatures after their own kind. The so-called "science' of evolution is a satanic lie to deceive the wicked. Grow up people and reject the fairy tale of evolution.

Well, it sounds like he selected a very appropriate user name! :razz:

TBOLTRAM 07-24-2011 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djm2 (Post 1734327)
Well, it sounds like he selected a very appropriate user name! :razz:

Sounds to me that barnyfife is a troll. I might be wrong, I might be totally stupid, I might qualify to run for pubic office but I don't think so.

mriff 07-31-2011 07:49 AM

Go to this page [HTML] Copy-pastable HTML text showing how micro-evolution leads to macro-evolution - Pastebin.com, and cut and paste the text into a Word document. Pretty interesting.

mriff 07-31-2011 10:05 AM

Got this for the word of the day last month from dictionary.com. Seemed relevant to this thread...

Word of the Day for Friday, July 15, 2011

apodictic \ap-uh-DIK-tik\, adjective:

1. Necessarily true or logically certain.
2. Incontestable because of having been demonstrated or proved to be demonstrable.

mriff 07-31-2011 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mriff (Post 1735483)
Go to this page [HTML] Copy-pastable HTML text showing how micro-evolution leads to macro-evolution - Pastebin.com, and cut and paste the text into a Word document. Pretty interesting.

I'm not bright enough to figure out how to get this to show correctly in this forum. I just tried to cut and paste into a word document and that doesn't work either. :oops:

mriff 08-19-2011 12:14 PM

Oh boy, here we go.

Gov. Perry: We Teach Creationism in Texas « Texas Freedom Network

How old do I think the earth is? You know what? I don’t have any idea. I know it’s pretty old. So it goes back a long, long way. I’m not sure anybody actually knows completely and absolutely how old the earth is.

I hear your mom was asking about evolution and, you know, it’s a theory that’s out there. It’s got some gaps in it, but in Texas we teach both creationism and evolution in our public schools. Because I figure you’re smart enough to figure out which one is right.

It's a theory that's 'out there'? Wow.

mriff 08-19-2011 12:31 PM

And now for the 1,000th post in the Obama Evolution thread, a post about one of the front runners in the race for the Republican nomination.

Rick Perry's Problem with Science Education « Texas Freedom Network

We have this:

Recognizing that evolution is a theory, and not claimed by anyone to be more than that, the governor believes it would be a disservice to our children to teach them only one theory on the origin of our existence without recognizing other scientific theories worth consideration. Intelligent design is a concept that is gaining greater traction because it points to a notion that most people believe to be true: that we were created by an intelligent being who designed the human race with great detail and complexity

And this:

I am a firm believer in intelligent design as a matter of faith and intellect, and I believe it should be presented in schools alongside the theories of evolution.

I can't even begin to break down the mistakes and complete lack of science knowledge.