BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 9600 Series Discussion - Tour (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=133)
-   -   Best Screen Protector for the Tour (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=198351)

RavenBerry 07-23-2009 12:42 PM

Best Screen Protector for the Tour

How are people protecting the screen on their Tour (or are they)?

Let us know which screen protector you are using.

jsntrenkler 07-23-2009 12:50 PM

I am currently using the Privacy protector that Verizon Sells, not my favorite but seems to help with the face smudge (Which is the worst I have experienced)

sbbytor 07-23-2009 01:16 PM

The Verizon store one is nice but it has this odd coating. Makes the screen a little wierd. Tough to explain but it works.

jsntrenkler 07-23-2009 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbbytor (Post 1435707)
The Verizon store one is nice but it has this odd coating. Makes the screen a little wierd. Tough to explain but it works.

I agree! ... Easy to wipe off though, a little tough to see the text if you set your fonts to 8 ... However, without it, the material used on the screen is a super magnet to any fingerprints & face oils.

9duc 07-23-2009 02:51 PM

I've used BodyGuardz on my last 3 blackberries (and also an ipod). It covers basically everything except the keyboard. Works great, and you get 2 complete sets in the box.

A lot of people like the invisibleShield... it covers everything also. I just put on on my wife's Pre, and it seems pretty good.

One main difference I noticed- the BodyGuardz seem to dry to a smoother touch, where the invisibleShield seems slightly thicker, softer, and tackier. I prefer the less tacky feel, so I would lean towards the BodyGuardz, but that is just me...

gadzooks64 07-23-2009 03:42 PM

Wirelessly posted

I have a PhantomSkinz that is going back because I'm pretty sure it's the wrong size.

I picked up the Verizon privacy screen and I like it a lot. It was very easy to install and looks good too.

Hil2383 07-28-2009 10:04 AM

I tried the privacy protector that Verizon sold, as they do not actually sell a regular protector for theTour - and I wasn't that happy with it. It took away from the resolution and the actual protector does not fit the screen so there were a lot of air bubbles.

I went back and bought their 3-pack of universal covers which comes with it's own measuring system and you cut it to the size of your screen. I asked the guy at the store to do it for me and luckily he was OCD about it so it turned out great! no more smudges (that can't be wiped off easily) and the resolution is still great!

akosnitzky 07-28-2009 11:45 AM

Wirelessly posted (Its All About the U!)

For every device, I have used some sort of universal cover. I have kept the coating that comes with device for now.

daphne 07-28-2009 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsntrenkler (Post 1435679)
I am currently using the Privacy protector that Verizon Sells, not my favorite but seems to help with the face smudge (Which is the worst I have experienced)

I'm using that one too, but it make the screen have wavy lines which are visible with a white or light background.

I didn't realize it makes the font smaller because I had it put on at the store when I bought the phone. I have trouble seeing some things because it's so small. Don't have any air bubbles -- the sales guy did a great job of putting it on.

LeoG 07-28-2009 12:44 PM

I cut the tag off of the screen protector that came on it and am going to use it until I find a suitable alternative.

jor17 08-02-2009 02:26 PM

when you drop your phone while using bodyguardz or invisibleshield full body protection, does it still scratch or damage the phone?

patriot123 08-02-2009 03:30 PM

Zagg Invisible shield

This is super tough, thin, and stays on. Military grade. I've been using the screen protector on my Curve for 6 months. Best screen protector I've have ever used. Have had on my daughter's Dare for about a year .... just wipe it off and it looks like new. Also on my son's PSP and DSi - full body. Just the screen protector on my new Tour.

Check out their web site.

Sydman 08-02-2009 06:21 PM

I am using the privacy protector from Verizon as well and the clear hard snap on case. Dropped it twice and protected it very well.

mattu408 08-03-2009 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sydman (Post 1443477)
I am using the privacy protector from Verizon as well and the clear hard snap on case. Dropped it twice and protected it very well.

Do they have one specifically for the Tour? When I got mine, they told me they didn't have any.

Sydman 08-03-2009 04:40 PM

The clear case? Yeah I had to order it with them but it shipped to my house in 2 days. Well worth it.

Ashg 08-03-2009 07:43 PM

I have a BestSkinsEver order coming in, and will order the Inno360 case from seidio as soon as they are ready to ship. That should help protect it. =)

tj13 08-04-2009 09:54 PM

the privacy protector that vzw has is polarized so for other people looking over your shoulder its hard to read hence the privacy .they sell them for monitors too,much better quality. the vzw one is not very good at privacy. sorry for the typos, using a tablet pc and handwriting recag is not the besr

tduffy 08-06-2009 02:21 PM

bestskinsever.com

ace2001 08-06-2009 02:32 PM

Using the screen protector that came with my Otterbox case I purchased

JuniorABCA 08-06-2009 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sydman (Post 1444174)
The clear case? Yeah I had to order it with them but it shipped to my house in 2 days. Well worth it.

Who makes the clear case? I had one from Speck products for the Pearl and they are not making one for the Tour.. :-(

Otherwise I will be really looking into the Defender series from Otterbox..

Jon