BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   BES Admin Corner (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   BES 12 Licensing issue (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=267006)

robotslover 09-30-2015 04:37 AM

BES 12 Licensing issue

Dear All,

I installed a new server with BES 12 and trial gold license for 60 days. then I migrated the users to the new server. few days later, I moved the old silver license from BES 10 to BES 12 and it was added successfully but the users remained on the GOLD license. when the trial license expired, the users stayed under the gold license with "No license tag" and the silver license is empty although it is valid. all users are with blackberry devices. how can I move the users to the valid license?

thanks

brettj80 09-30-2015 10:03 AM

Re: BES 12 Licensing issue

Hello Robotslover,
Unfortunately BES10 licenses are not compatible with BES12. But, if you log into your Blackberry myAccount Dashboard and proceed to Software Assurance - License Subscription Fulfillment, you should be able to migrate/upgrade your BES10 Silver licenses to BES 12.x Silver licenses (if not, contact your BlackBerry representative). Once this has been completed, you will recieve a new license key to activate in your BES12 server.
Hope that helps.
Cheers!

knottyrope 09-30-2015 10:11 AM

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 12 - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

better off posting to the above site as not many are checking this one anymore

I think you have to assign a new profile to change it

robotslover 10-01-2015 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brettj80 (Post 1815772)
Hello Robotslover,
Unfortunately BES10 licenses are not compatible with BES12. But, if you log into your Blackberry myAccount Dashboard and proceed to Software Assurance - License Subscription Fulfillment, you should be able to migrate/upgrade your BES10 Silver licenses to BES 12.x Silver licenses (if not, contact your BlackBerry representative). Once this has been completed, you will recieve a new license key to activate in your BES12 server.
Hope that helps.
Cheers!

hi,

I already did that ...

thx

robotslover 10-01-2015 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knottyrope (Post 1815773)
BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 12 - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

better off posting to the above site as not many are checking this one anymore

I think you have to assign a new profile to change it

thanks. I follow the new link :)

chriskimbr 10-01-2015 06:52 PM

Job Opportunity.
Location Washington DC
Looking for someone with experience working on windows servers, active directory, exchange server, blackberry enterprise server(BES).

If you are interested or know someone that is we would love to reward you for referring them once their hired.

message or email me!

[email address]

Thanks!