BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 9700 Series Discussion - Bold 2 (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   Bold 9700 Battery Issue (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=233961)

ksingal 08-20-2010 02:00 AM

Bold 9700 Battery Issue

Hi Guys

I've had my 9700 for about a month now and noticed a strange issue with it.

The battery lasts for just over a day with normal use. On day 2, halfway through the day, even if the battery signal shows around 40 - 50% it suddenly runs out of juice and switches off.

I can understand the limitation of the battery to work beyond a day, but what is misleading is that it shows at LEAST 40%+, which leads me to believe that it may last the day, but dies on me instantly.

Could this be a issue specific to my battery or is this something to do with the 9700?
Also, is there any app or anything that would give me a more accurate idea of remaining battery life?

Thanks
ks

aiharkness 08-20-2010 07:51 PM

Take a look at Maximum Battery Life - BlackBerryFAQ and this particular part:

Quote:

2. Roughly every 30 charges, deliberately discharge your battery to 10-15%, and fully charge to 100% afterwards. This will help maintain the accuracy of the xxx8220;fuel gaugexxx8221; on the device (your battery meter or scale). It has nothing to do with the battery memory (as mentioned, Li-ion batteries do not have memory) but helps maintain the accuracy of the devicexxx8217;s percentage of battery charge left.
I don't do this, and I've never seen what you are seeing, but I can believe that sometimes the remaining life scale may need to be recalibrated. It isn't going to hurt to try.

If that doesn't do it, you could try another battery. But if it is still under warranty, I'd take it back to the place you purchased it and see about an exchange.

Taffyg 08-21-2010 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aiharkness (Post 1644518)
Take a look at Maximum Battery Life - BlackBerryFAQ and this particular part:

I don't do this, and I've never seen what you are seeing, but I can believe that sometimes the remaining life scale may need to be recalibrated. It isn't going to hurt to try.

If that doesn't do it, you could try another battery. But if it is still under warranty, I'd take it back to the place you purchased it and see about an exchange.

Vrey usefull thanks

tjawiee 08-24-2010 04:45 AM

I think my battery has a problem, whenever I go to bed at night with half powered battery I always wake up to find my phone switched off due to battery exhaustion....please help.

Kind regards.

Manmdx 08-24-2010 06:42 AM

i think it's the battery, got a few friends with the same problem and they had to exchanged the battery (one of them got cheap knockoff battery from the store)

tintillo 08-25-2010 08:59 PM

tjawiee make sure that you do not have an app running on the background and also it will help if you go to clock and then make the phone go to bedside mode. Also, the life expectancy of these batteries before they begin to have shorter charged cycles is about a year. Finally, if your phone heats-up during operations that will also shorten the life expectancy of the battery. Good luck

dtun87222 08-25-2010 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tjawiee (Post 1645998)
I think my battery has a problem, whenever I go to bed at night with half powered battery I always wake up to find my phone switched off due to battery exhaustion....please help.

Kind regards.

Maybe someone else is using your BB while you are asleep ! Check your phone bills !

hconcha 08-31-2010 10:56 AM

I have the same problem, exactly the same. When my battery is about 41% my BB shutts down. I've tried with video flashlight app to drain battery completely but when I try to look what % remains I find out that the BB doesn't respond but still the flash light is on. Strange!

aiharkness 08-31-2010 11:23 AM

If you have done the usual troubleshooting (fully closing apps, closing browser ...) and you don't have recourse to a warranty claim, etc, then try another battery. Especially when the behavior is weird like that. Borrow one if you can. Or buy one. But don't buy cheap. You don't need to buy the battery from the RIM/BlackBerry store or from your carrier, but buy an OEM battery and don't buy the very cheapest you can find.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

hconcha 08-31-2010 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aiharkness (Post 1649228)
If you have done the usual troubleshooting (fully closing apps, closing browser ...) and you don't have recourse to a warranty claim, etc, then try another battery. Especially when the behavior is weird like that. Borrow one if you can. Or buy one. But don't buy cheap. You don't need to buy the battery from the RIM/BlackBerry store or from your carrier, but buy an OEM battery and don't buy the very cheapest you can find.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

Thanks pal!