BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   Aftermarket Software (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   CryptMagic Support No Response? (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=97732)

toddz 09-30-2007 01:10 AM

CryptMagic Support Slower Than Normal Response?

In the past, my support issues sent to Home: software-for-blackberry.com support were answered almost instantly so this is NOT a complaint but more of a did something happen that I don't know about email.

I emailed support a couple of times almost a week ago about getting a CryptMagic activation key for my new BlackBerry but havn't heard back. Does anyone know if they are just backed up with the new BlackBerry devices just released, if they are on holiday or maybe vacation?

Thanks,
toddz

Knocka 09-30-2007 06:40 AM

Check PM.

toddz 10-01-2007 09:00 AM

Heard back from Marek this morning. Once again great support and a great application that I can't do without.

toddz

Steve Levinson 10-27-2007 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toddz (Post 688420)
Heard back from Marek this morning. Once again great support and a great application that I can't do without.

toddz

I agree about great support in the past but I've been trying to get in touch with them regarding getting up and running on a new laptop but Marek's email bounces back. Any updated contact info that you have would be greatly appreciated !

TIA !

toddz 10-28-2007 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Levinson (Post 718516)
I agree about great support in the past but I've been trying to get in touch with them regarding getting up and running on a new laptop but Marek's email bounces back. Any updated contact info that you have would be greatly appreciated !

TIA !

Here are the two address that I have for support, hope they help.
[email address]
[email address]

toddz

jeremyckitching 11-02-2007 09:17 PM

I have been trying to get in touch with support for about a week now. I had switched to a Pearl, then back to the 8700g, now to a 8320. I can't get any response whatsoever. I even tried the e-mails in the previous post. Does anyone have any other way of getting in contact with support?

mjustice 11-02-2007 09:53 PM

Same here! No response this week either.

Stinsonddog 11-04-2007 01:57 PM

They were all at a big wedding so they are back and you should hear from them shortly.

Fireproof 11-12-2007 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stinsonddog (Post 727428)
They were all at a big wedding so they are back and you should hear from them shortly.

So apparently they've been back from the wedding for a week now. Still no response. I emailed to the address on their website and it bounced back. Then I emailed to both of the addresses a few posts above and while they appeared to have gone through, I have not heard back.

Would really like to get my new registration code for my new 8800. In the past, they emailed me a new code right away.

Stinsonddog 11-12-2007 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fireproof (Post 736693)
So apparently they've been back from the wedding for a week now. Still no response. I emailed to the address on their website and it bounced back. Then I emailed to both of the addresses a few posts above and while they appeared to have gone through, I have not heard back.

Would really like to get my new registration code for my new 8800. In the past, they emailed me a new code right away.

Try the support email from their site and if you don't get a response, let me know.

Fireproof 11-12-2007 01:45 AM

Thanks for the lightning fast reply.

I rechecked where I sent the initial request. I had looked through the FAQs on their site and it said to send an email. So I looked in the "About Us" and saw the email listed as reichart@... That's the one that bounced back. But upon your suggestion, I clicked on the Support link and saw an email listed as info@... so I just emailed to that address.

Got the same bounced email error message:

Quote:

This is the Postfix program at host mail.software-for-blackberry.com.

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not be
be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.

For further assistance, please send mail to <postmaster>

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can
delete your own text from the attached returned message.

The Postfix program

<info@software-for-blackberry.biz> (expanded from
<info@software-for-blackberry.com>): host mx0.gmx.net[213.165.64.100] said:
550-5.7.1 {mx084} The IP address of the server you are using to connect to
GMX is listed in 550-5.7.1 the XBL Blocking List (CBL + NJABL). 550-5.7.1
For additional information, please visit 550-5.7.1
Spamhaus - IP Lookup and 550 5.7.1 (
http://portal.gmx.net/serverrules ) (in reply to RCPT TO command)

<snip...>
I'm addicted to CryptMagic and don't want to change. :) I hope they are around somewhere.

johnling 11-12-2007 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fireproof (Post 736702)

I rechecked where I sent the initial request. I had looked through the FAQs on their site and it said to send an email. So I looked in the "About Us" and saw the email listed as reichart@... That's the one that bounced back. But upon your suggestion, I clicked on the Support link and saw an email listed as info@... so I just emailed to that address.

I'm addicted to CryptMagic and don't want to change. :) I hope they are around somewhere.

As there are so many CryptMagic users I have a question. Does CryptMagic auto fill user names and passwords? I tried the trial version and it did not seem to ba any different than Password Keeper. However, I had not had my Pearl very long so I probably didn't use CryptMagic correctly.

Thanks,

Fireproof 11-12-2007 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnling (Post 736733)
As there are so many CryptMagic users I have a question. Does CryptMagic auto fill user names and passwords? I tried the trial version and it did not seem to ba any different than Password Keeper. However, I had not had my Pearl very long so I probably didn't use CryptMagic correctly.

Thanks,

The biggest advantage to me is the PC Desktop companion. I can mass-enter new codes, passwords, and other data lightning fast on my PC, then sync it to my blackberry. I hardly ever enter anything on the blackberry app - but use it to reference those passwords/codes all the time (while away from my PC).

Stinsonddog 11-12-2007 03:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fireproof (Post 736702)

I have emailed them for you and pointed to this thread. You might have a problem of being identified as spam or something.

Fireproof 11-12-2007 04:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stinsonddog (Post 736869)
I have emailed them for you and pointed to this thread. You might have a problem of being identified as spam or something.

Thank you very much. I read the error message in detail and realized it appeared to be some spam blocking of some sort, but I couldn't decipher where it was in the communication process.

At any rate, as long as they get the info! (y)

Thanks again for your help - much appreciated!! 8-)

Fireproof 11-12-2007 03:52 PM

Yes! I knew they'd come through. Got my new registration code today.

Way to go CryptMagic!!

gvidals 06-07-2008 01:47 PM

same situation - markus and cryptmagic group unresponsive

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stinsonddog (Post 736869)

I also love cryptmagic, but now that I have a new pearl 8110 to replace my broken 8100, I can't get markus nor anyone at software-for-blackberry.com to respond! I really need that registration code. I have hundreds of passwords stored in it that are necessary to run my business.

When I first contacted [email address], I got a response saying that my message was being rejected as spam. So I tried to contact markus and his support team directly from my tmobile account, but I received no response. After waiting for a day. I called them in Germany and left a message! I even sent them a fax detailing my desperate need for a new registration code.

I then emailed them from another address that I have and still nothing... No response whatsoever. This is a sad situation, since sales inevitably will begin to drop when support is poor :-( But they use to respond so quickly. What happened to this company?

I'm sad to say that I use to recommend this product to everyone who needed a safe way to secure their passwords, but now I don't know. If the product isn't supported any longer, then how can I recommend it?

Because the company is selling to blackberry users, it is almost demanded that software-for-blackberry.com respond from their own PDA phones when out of town or on vacation. In Europe they take very long vacations, and I sure hope they don't expect their customers to have to wait until they return before getting an answer?

Can you help me too and get in touch with Markus and tell them my story?

I hope so.

bb_dww 10-27-2008 05:55 PM

Any help here

I have the same issue. In the past, getting a new pin was a breeze.

myet01 10-29-2008 01:47 PM

Well I tried to access the website "software-for-blackberry.com" and got the "Page Load Error" screen as well. So, I did a reverse address lookup " WHOIS Search provides domain registration information from Network Solutions " to see who owned that address and here is what I got. I don't know if this helps you any but it is a start. I last spoke to and got a new PIN from the author back in May 2008 when I got my new BB. Hope he turns up because I don't want to move all my stuff over to a new application.

Also, you might contact Handango or some of the other on-line software distributors and see if they can help you.

Tony

Whois Server Version 2.1 at whois.tmagnic.net

Owner Contact:
Markus Reichart
EDV Beratung
Dammweg 19
Dieburg, 64807, DE

Punycode Name: software-for-blackberry.com
Unicode Name: software-for-blackberry.com

Admin Contact
Markus Reichart
EDV Beratung
[email address]
Dammweg 19
Dieburg, 64807, DE
phone: +49.6071207545

Technical Contact
Hostmaster Strato Ag
Strato AG
[email address]
Pascalstr. 10
Berlin, 10587, DE
phone: +49.1805007677

Zone Contact
Hostmaster Strato Ag
Strato AG
[email address]
Pascalstr. 10
Berlin, 10587, DE
phone: +49.1805007677

Record expires on: 2009-08-14 13:30:22

Domain servers in listed order:

ns2.serverkompetenz.de
ns.serverkompetenz.de

kmicho 10-30-2008 02:49 AM

I too have had no luck in the past two weeks contacting them. About two weeks ago, the web site was up, but I received no response to e-mails. Tonight the web site is gone altogether. In the past Marek has been extremely responsive - overnight every time. I fear the worst.. I love Cryptmagic, but I'm about to get a new 'Berry and I'll have to find something else.