BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   BlackBerry Help (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   Blackberry Desktop software link fails (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=266911)

eldiener 07-28-2015 11:59 PM

Blackberry Desktop software link fails

At BlackBerry - Desktop Software for PC - US there is a link to downloading the Blackberry Desktop software for my pc. When i click on that link I get:

Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to swdownloads.blackberry.com. Cannot communicate securely with peer: no common encryption algorithm(s). (Error code: ssl_error_no_cypher_overlap)

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

tsac 07-29-2015 08:54 AM

Re: Blackberry Desktop software link fails

Your getting a block based on browser settings. It's looking for the security level required by your PC software.

that link seems to be one supplied by your carrier or one that is less secure.

Try this one.

BlackBerry Desktop Software - BlackBerry OS Software - US

eldiener 07-29-2015 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsac (Post 1815456)
Your getting a block based on browser settings. It's looking for the security level required by your PC software.

that link seems to be one supplied by your carrier or one that is less secure.

Try this one.

BlackBerry Desktop Software - BlackBerry OS Software - US

If I click the Download for PC button on your link I get the failure in my original post.

knottyrope 07-29-2015 10:49 AM

if running windows XP you need to get the root hints update to access many websites now

eldiener 07-29-2015 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knottyrope (Post 1815462)
if running windows XP you need to get the root hints update to access many websites now

I am running Windows7 64-bit Ultimate Edition using the Firefox ( Pale Moon ) browser.

tsac 07-29-2015 11:49 AM

Are you using a corporate computer? some company's heavily restrict downloads or adding software.

I have 7-64 and tried both Microsoft, Chrome and Firefox. All worked

tsac 07-29-2015 11:58 AM

update

Reading the Firefox web site there seems to be a lot of issues with security. Mozilla updated their security and a lot of users have the same issue you give. I would go to their site to see what options can be changed to allow the web sites your having issues with work.

eldiener 07-29-2015 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsac (Post 1815466)
update

Reading the Firefox web site there seems to be a lot of issues with security. Mozilla updated their security and a lot of users have the same issue you give. I would go to their site to see what options can be changed to allow the web sites your having issues with work.

I am able to download with IE.

tsac 07-29-2015 08:00 PM

good, DM is a good program to have.