BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   Sensitive Discussions (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   President Obama and Evolution (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=172128)

djm2 03-27-2009 06:13 PM

From a post on the blog.

xxx8220;In some respects, science has far surpassed religion in delivering awe. How is it that hardly any major religion has looked at science and concluded, xxx8220;This is better than we thought! The Universe is much bigger than our prophets said, grander, more subtle, more elegant. God must be even greater than we dreamed!xxx8221;? Instead they say, xxx8220;No, no, no! My god is a little god, and I want him to stay that way.xxx8221; xxx8212; Carl Sagan

test54 03-27-2009 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djm2 (Post 1335044)
Test, I assumed you did a copy/paste, but I suspect this should be 1 standard error, not a standard deviation. Error in the original, I suspect.

yeah, straight copy and paste.


dawg, must suck thinking so many people around you are evil. I would certainly hate to live that way too.

Dawg 03-27-2009 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by test54 (Post 1335064)
yeah, straight copy and paste.


dawg, must suck thinking so many people around you are evil. I would certainly hate to live that way too.

I dont walk around thinking people are evil. I generally dont think about people I dont know at all. I have enough worrys in my own life with out worrying about others.

Dawg 03-27-2009 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djm2 (Post 1335061)
From a post on the blog.

“In some respects, science has far surpassed religion in delivering awe. How is it that hardly any major religion has looked at science and concluded, “This is better than we thought! The Universe is much bigger than our prophets said, grander, more subtle, more elegant. God must be even greater than we dreamed!”? Instead they say, “No, no, no! My god is a little god, and I want him to stay that way.” — Carl Sagan

I would never ever say my God is little. He is bigger than any one could imagine. He controls it all.

djm2 03-27-2009 06:30 PM

As usual, you missed the point. No surprise there!

test54 03-27-2009 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dawg (Post 1335078)
He controls it all.

So then why did he create Satan / Lucifer or atleast allow him?

mriff 03-27-2009 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dawg (Post 1334396)
And with a little bit of geometry and trigonometry, I can prove that elephants can climb trees but we all know its not true.

I wonder how long I will have to wait for your proof Dawg? Do you plan on showing how you can prove that elephants can climb trees? You said you can. So I eagerly await.

mriff 03-27-2009 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djm2 (Post 1335061)
From a post on the blog.

“In some respects, science has far surpassed religion in delivering awe. How is it that hardly any major religion has looked at science and concluded, “This is better than we thought! The Universe is much bigger than our prophets said, grander, more subtle, more elegant. God must be even greater than we dreamed!”? Instead they say, “No, no, no! My god is a little god, and I want him to stay that way.” — Carl Sagan

Carl Sagan was a very bright person. I'm not surprised by this quote. And he raises a valid question. Makes one wonder.

Dawg 03-27-2009 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mriff (Post 1335118)
I wonder how long I will have to wait for your proof Dawg? Do you plan on showing how you can prove that elephants can climb trees? You said you can. So I eagerly await.

I'm looking for my notes right now. My geometry teacher showed us this. Its coming I just have to find it.

Dawg 03-27-2009 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mriff (Post 1335122)
Carl Sagan was a very bright person. I'm not surprised by this quote. And he raises a valid question. Makes one wonder.

Just another star gazer. And I am not surprised you think hes bright.

Dawg 03-27-2009 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by test54 (Post 1335081)
So then why did he create Satan / Lucifer or atleast allow him?

Lucifer was created by God as an angel. He chose his own path in history. Just as you all have.

mriff 03-27-2009 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dawg (Post 1335153)
I'm looking for my notes right now. My geometry teacher showed us this. Its coming I just have to find it.

Right Dawg. Just pull it out of your ass. Like all your other drive by posts.

mriff 03-27-2009 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dawg (Post 1335156)
Just another star gazer. And I am not surprised you think hes bright.

Your contempt for science is astounding. (n)

test54 03-27-2009 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dawg (Post 1335158)
Lucifer was created by God as an angel. He chose his own path in history. Just as you all have.

You didn't answer the questions. Why if God is all powerful would he allow Lucifer to turn into Satan? Perhaps that a whole thread in itself.

Dawg 03-28-2009 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mriff (Post 1335171)
Right Dawg. Just pull it out of your ass. Like all your other drive by posts.

Go **** yourself! Its been twenty two years since I was in school its not like I keep that on my desk. If you don't like my post you can always ignore me. You don't have to be a prick all the time.

Dawg 03-28-2009 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by test54 (Post 1335187)
You didn't answer the questions. Why if God is all powerful would he allow Lucifer to turn into Satan? Perhaps that a whole thread in itself.

I did answer you, God is a free choice God you make your choices and he gives you the consequences or rewards.

djm2 03-28-2009 09:17 AM

Excellent example of tautological reasoning.

mriff 03-28-2009 10:24 AM

A post from Dawg in another thread:

Quote:

You are reaching are't you. If you can't defend your argument then please refrain from posting.
You can see for yourself here:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/rumo...ger-5-0-a.html


http://www.bay-of-fundie.com/img/2009/irony-meter.jpg

mriff 03-28-2009 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dawg (Post 1335387)
Go **** yourself! Its been twenty two years since I was in school its not like I keep that on my desk. If you don't like my post you can always ignore me. You don't have to be a prick all the time.

Ok Dawg. I've said it before. And I'm going to try it again. I'm going to ignore your posts to this thread from now on. Unless you post something meaningful.

mriff 03-28-2009 10:39 AM

Hilarious!

Ken Miller on The Colbert Report


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:34 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.