BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   iPhone Android & other HandHeld Forum (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   Will you move away from BlackBerry? (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=238814)

rambo47 01-27-2011 08:59 PM

Re: Will you move away from BlackBerry?

According to BGR and CrackBerry, us CDMA BB users will be getting our wishes for new devices: Leaked CDMA BlackBerry roadmap reveals Curve Touch, Bold Touch, more | BGR | Boy Genius Report
The Storm 3 and even the Torch 2 are going to provide the large screen experience of Android with our beloved BlackBerry OS. Yay!! No need to move away now, unless you absolutely have to have a couple dozen different fart apps.

daphne 01-27-2011 09:05 PM

That's good news, but it seems like they are sooo sloooow with new CDMA devices.

rambo47 01-27-2011 09:59 PM

Yeah, RIM is all about GSM these days. On the CDMA side, Sprint has never been strong with BlackBerrys. But Verizon was the leader not so long ago. They were THE business carrier in the U.S. and it seemed like they got every single new BB model first. I guess RIM is taking a more global view of the business world these days, and that means GSM.

Max Peck 01-28-2011 04:47 PM

I definitely like this 9650 (Bold) especially since it updated to OS/6 today. Nice.

I was going to wait around for the Verizon iPhone but decided to give the BB a shot. (I'd never had one). I also have a 4th-gen iPod Touch. I think I prefer not to merge the phone with the iPod. I can leave the iPod over there in the dock and let it play music all day and still use my phone. If I crammed it all into one unit I just don't think I'd like it as much.

-Max

djdonnyk 01-30-2011 08:06 PM

I moved to a BB back in 2003 and haven't turned back since. I started with a 7520, then a 7100 which on the Nextel network was very slow then but the e-mail didn't let me down. Since working in the wireless business since 2000 I have seen quite a few devices come and go, but BlackBerry seems to keep on pushing to a higher performance. Everytime I upgrade to the latest BB it impresses me more so I stick with them. Since OS6 I haven't had any issues that have made me do a battery pull like previous models.

I am looking forward to the future of RIM as they launch newer models.

ASHIN KUSH 02-05-2011 01:15 PM

This is my first post.

I love BB and Android.I have used both,and there both very well made.

runester 02-18-2011 05:47 PM

I'm very interested in moving to an Android phone, but since I support BB devices it may be a bit awkward. ;)

Chrscott22 02-22-2011 09:00 PM

I've already tried out a few android devices but wound up right back to blackberry cause I couldn't take the horrible battery life and slow emails. If Sprint ever gets the Iphone i'd give it a shot but for now i'm sticking to blackberry. But i'd love for BB to come out with a competing device.

SoulEdgeK 02-28-2011 05:42 AM

I don't plan on removing myself from the Blackberry for a long time. I am a new user, and so far I am impressed with this phone. It's like your own personal computer in your hand. This so far is the best cell I've ever had.

sambo57u 03-04-2011 12:25 PM

I have been using BB for a long time but I think RIM has lost the boat. Again, as
usual Apple is directing the industry and while many are at least following RIM is not
even able to do that. I now have BB 9630 and it looks archaic when I compare it with
the performance and usability of droid phones. I am with Sprint and as soon as Sprint
gets a droid world phone I am switching. I can't wait to run Skype over wi-fi when I
travel abroad.

crustiedave 03-04-2011 04:38 PM

Yeah Bberry 4EVER ;)

BuzzBuzz 03-05-2011 04:25 PM

I've toyed with friends' devices and even made a switch to 9800 and came back to 9700. I can't get acclimated to a touch screen. It's no good for business purposes.

I do feel a certain sense of brand loyalty to RIM. I've been tempted to switch for my personal device...those other guys are so cool and sexy!!! But I just can't do it...

CandyManiz 03-06-2011 10:33 AM

[QUOTE=Tom;1668448]There is lots of talk, but very little actual data to back it up. I am curious how many of you are considering moving away from your BlackBerry and moving on to another device that can do more for you in whatever category.[/QUOTE

BB's the only phone i ever really had , for as long as i can remember , i would have thought bb would have said before i went to the os 6 we don't have any new theme's at this point , but will have one soon , i might just have waited , still love the phone ( 9700 ) and i am not giving my bb up , so i guess i will have to wait , but not happy about the way i was tricked:x

Jaimie

PoddyMcQ 03-14-2011 12:12 PM

I just got my second BB went from the 9700 Bold to the 9800 Torch.

Before that i had the Nokia E72, can't see myself not having a blackberry from now on.

Although the work BB's are poor, 8900 Curve's (don't even have 3G capabilities)

DeaconWilson 03-14-2011 04:43 PM

Have only experienced one blackberry (8320) but I have traded it in to be repaired or fixed at least 3-5 times, its passed the annoying me stage
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

rambo47 03-15-2011 07:01 AM

Something I discovered with my last "dalliance" with Android is that I don't love the Android OS. I do like the HTC Evo hardware, but BlackBerry continues to serve me best. I think what gets so many folks to try Android or iOS is the large screen devices. Now if you were to put the BlackBerry OS onto an Evo I'd be in heaven.

rambo47 03-17-2011 07:11 AM

I love the search for The Next Great Thing but I've always ended back with BlackBerry. They work the way I do. The last thing I want to do is change the way I do things, and I also don't want to be trying to change a different device into a BlackBerry. Better to use the real thing.

david_uk 03-17-2011 12:52 PM

The key for me is Exchange integration. After some years and many BBs, all reliable workhorses, using Hosted Exchange and BES, I migrated to iOS which of course supports ActiveSync. If you use Exchange mail, this is a simpler and cheaper solution than Hosted BES, although it lacks that last ounce of security.

This week's announcement - well, rumor - that Hosted BES will be free for users of MS' cloud based Exchange service, has got me hankering after a BB once more, as I still prefer that physical keypad.

If BES becomes as accessible for individual users as ActiveSync, I'll be back.

yuana 03-17-2011 01:26 PM

I really like this product so I would not leave with the other..

HATEPOLICY 03-18-2011 01:51 PM

the only good thing is email/keypad.

Also, if u dont have BIS, the phone is almost useless.

skype, msn, gtalk, will not work unless your tech. minded and have patience.

surfing the web is painful!!!

3rd party apps are limited and dear for things like skype which are free!?

way to much bureaucracy with bb's.

no 2nd hand market, selling them is a pain.

If I didn't get them for free, no way would I stay with bb.