BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   BES Admin Corner (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   PIN Lookups with DOMINO (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=222583)

Mikey_AGBoston 03-23-2010 09:31 AM

PIN Lookups with DOMINO

Anyone familiar of a method within a Domino environment to lookup PIN numbers?

noname 03-23-2010 09:54 AM

I think this is built-in already for those BlackBerry users within the BlackBerry Domain.

For examples:-

(1) If you lookup a user that also has a BlackBerry account in the BlackBerry Domain (aka BESMgmt DB) that you belongs, then PIN number is populated in the record returned.

(2) If you lookup a user that does not has a BlackBerry account in the BlackBerry Domain that you belongs, then no PIN number is returned.

Above are from my observations. Others may have more information.

Mikey_AGBoston 03-23-2010 09:59 AM

We're not getting PINs returned.
I called Blackberry support, many times.. spoke to different engineers.
Each told me: This can't be done.
Please... any idea how you're doing this?

noname 03-23-2010 10:08 AM

x14 03-23-2010 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noname (Post 1583760)

Your statement is correct. I think the PIN is coming from SQL.

Mikey_AGBoston 03-23-2010 12:42 PM

Yes, I understand I can get the PINs out of the SQL database, by:

use BESMgmt
go

select
DisplayName,
UserName,
PIN
from UserConfig
go

BUT, I do not understand why I can not Look up PINs
Is it a BES version issue, Domino version issue...
Handheld OS issue? Or simply because the PIN field isn't within the BES/Domino servers NAB?

BB1877 03-23-2010 01:34 PM

@Mikey_AGBoston...What's your Domino version? PINs appear on our Lookups as well, with Windows 2003 R2 SP2, remote SQL 2005, BES 4.1.6.55 on Domino 6.5.4 FP2.

Range of handheld OS (4.0 and higher, doesn't matter). I guess during the Chile earthquake our users down there were using BlackBerry PIN for communication when not much else worked.

erpam 03-24-2010 05:08 AM

Like others havesaid, the Lookup function automatically returns the PIN along with the other contact data. There is nothing to configure.

It works both when you perform a Lookup in the Contacts app and also when you choose Compose PIN from the email app, type the name of the person and choose Lookup.

noname 03-24-2010 08:52 AM

Unless you are saying you are looking up PIN like this:-

In the Contacts, click "Lookup", enter a <PIN#> and expects a return of result. If so, 100% cannot. Why? Lookup = NotesAPI call to Domino Directory. PIN number is a SQL record in the userconfig table and not part of the Domino data. If you are looking up a contact that is also a BlackBerry user in the BlackBerry Domain, then the BES messaging agent returns the Domino data from the NAMES.NSF and merge the PIN number value from the SQL configuration database.

Mikey_AGBoston 03-24-2010 09:19 AM

OK - there's my answer. Thank you Sir Topham Hatt.

noname 03-24-2010 09:24 AM

Np, Mikey_AGBoston. Trying hard to live it up as Thomas has recently been a really useful engine 8-)