BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   Media Center (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   New Image/Wallpaper site! Instantly download any image (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=9319)

Images 05-30-2005 07:49 PM

New Image/Wallpaper site! Instantly download any image

Hello, I just started a new site, BlackBerryImages.com. You can upload any of your own images/wallpapers and instantly download them to your blackberry. It automatically resizes them to 240x160. I am currently updating it to allow you to choose any size you want. If there are any features you would like me to add let me know.

Images 05-31-2005 06:47 PM

Update

hmm, 121 views and no replies... does anyone have any comments/suggestions?

I just updated it to allow you to choose any size so that you can view it correctly on any phone, not just the blackberry.

I also changed the design, which looks much better now.

You can also visit the site on your blackberry, which it recognizes and makes it easier to view.

How do you guys feel about the email to blackberry feature? Should I add an sms option?

Any comments good or bad are welcome.

jscully 05-31-2005 06:55 PM

good: was expecting a cost associated
good: e-mail pics right to blackberry
bad: have to input size, and off the top of my head, I can't remember the size I need
good: a few interesting images
bad: some "folders" are empty
good: turns into a wap-type site

I have a ton of graphic programs, so it's just as easy for me to make a photo to the correct size and e-mail it to myself.
But I will keep checking back to see if there's anything that catches my interest added!

Good work,

tgray 05-31-2005 07:59 PM

I like the site. I've got a question/comment.

Can I post the images under a specific category so they will be available for others to download? I have a few others might like.

Perhaps if we can post them and make them available for others, we would be able to build up this site.

tgray 05-31-2005 08:02 PM

Oh, never mind. I see them listed under ABSTRACT now (the default category). Will you be categorizing them if they don't fall into these categories?

One suggestion, if I post an image but don't want to email it or download it, it would be nice to have a RETURN TO HOME link defined (I see clicking on the top banner will work).

Thanks!

fizz 05-31-2005 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jscully
good: was expecting a cost associated
good: e-mail pics right to blackberry
bad: have to input size, and off the top of my head, I can't remember the size I need
good: a few interesting images
bad: some "folders" are empty
good: turns into a wap-type site

I have a ton of graphic programs, so it's just as easy for me to make a photo to the correct size and e-mail it to myself.
But I will keep checking back to see if there's anything that catches my interest added!

Good work,

After fooling around with Photoshop 2 days ago, I found that these sizes (pixels) work well without cutting anything out and filling the screen so that there are no empty parts on the screen:

Pics with no head shots on top (ie:pix of items, cars, etc.) - 310 x 205
Pics with people/head shots (ie:head is at very top of screen) - 310 x 170
....in case anyone was interested. It also helps to adjust the contrast since any pics viewed on BB (7230) are shown very light.

fizz 05-31-2005 11:53 PM

PS, good site, I'll upload some of the pics that I've worked on very soon.

Images 06-01-2005 04:10 PM

I am working on putting up a size list, if you leave the size blank it defaults to 240x160 which is the size for a 7250.

Unfortunatly, we do not have images in every category yet. Hopefully we will soon, I'm planning to add some more of my own tommorrow.

Quite a few people are not choosing a category and it is going to abstract, this is because I currently have no help system. I'm working on this and should have it complete soon. Yes, if I see something that is in the wrong place I do try to fix it.

I added a temporary home link, it is out of place but I will deal with it in my next design revision shortly.

There was an error earlier where some pictures would not show up, I have fixed this.

I have also updated it to support gifs.

Thank you all for your comments.

dulcamara 06-01-2005 04:47 PM

I up/downloaded an image. Seems to work, but I can't figure out the size for a 7100.

Images 06-01-2005 06:32 PM

the screen size of 7100 is 240x260, I should have the list up later today with all the sizes.

marriedsonyman 06-01-2005 06:45 PM

thank you for all of your hard work

Images 06-02-2005 11:08 AM

I just added a forum to site, if you need any help or would like to request a wallpaper you can go there.

Images 06-02-2005 07:40 PM

I forgot to post this, there is now a list of screen sizes on the site. Go to one of the images, and next to the size fields it says phone size list. This will take you to the list. :smile:

animlmed 06-02-2005 10:24 PM

What a great site! But question: when i try to download more than one image, it always wants to replace the image i previously downloaded. What am I doing wrong?

Images 06-02-2005 10:54 PM

Are you accessing the site from your blackberry? I just tried it and it thinks all the images are name imgs.php, this was to handle the dynamic image resizing directly on the blackberry. Unfotunatly, my current resizing script is too slow for the blackberry so I turned it off temporarily. You should now get different names for the images. I'll see what I can do to speed up the resizing on the blackberry.

animlmed 06-03-2005 12:11 PM

thanks so much! Yes, I was accessing from my blackberry. I just downloaded "as-is" since I have the 7250. But I love the site. It makes the screen much better to look at!

Images 06-04-2005 12:22 AM

Thanks. I solved the dynamic speed issue and you can now change the size instantly on your blackberry. The downside is the images are name imgs.php again, I think I know how to solve it, but I'm going to have to buy another component for my server :sad:. I should be able to get it by monday.

animlmed 06-04-2005 09:43 AM

I found that if i change the name by a letter I can save it. It's easy to do and i can always change the name of it later. Thanks again!!

wlsnoops 06-05-2005 05:05 AM

BB newbie here. Nice site. FWIW, I think a search feature would be nice.

cohiba smoker 06-05-2005 09:24 PM

Great Site. I tried resize of "MatMan" for my 7520, but it continues to cut the top of his head off. I have resized all the way to 260x140 without any luck. Any other suggestions?