BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   BES Admin Corner (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   BlackBerry Enterprise Resource Kit (BRK) 4.1 - Available Now (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=43871)

jibi 08-15-2006 03:09 PM

BlackBerry Enterprise Resource Kit (BRK) 4.1 - Available Now

Click Here to Download

You will need to choose 4.1.0.9 from the drop-down. RIM is not advertising its availability, oddly enough.

Click Here for Documentation

Functional Changes

xxx8226; The BESUserAdmin tool now supports mixed environments with BlackBerryxxx174; Enterprise Server Version 4.0 SP2 to 4.1 installed.
xxx8226; The BESUserAdmin tool now supports role-based administration for the BlackBerry Enterprise Server Version 4.1. (SDR 61130)
xxx8226; The BESUserAdmin tool now includes support for management of groups. You can add user accounts to a group, move user accounts to a different group, or remove user accounts from a group. (SDR 69831)
xxx8226; The BESUserAdmin tool now tracks administrative-related actions that administrators perform on the BESUserAdminService in a log file. The BESUserAdmin tool audit log file contains information such as the time when the event occurred, the action that was performed, the computer name, the user name, the role of the user who performed the action, and any errors that might have occurred during the process. (SDR 75775)

qc_metal 08-16-2006 09:12 AM

Nice!

Now, if they could get it to work remotely from a system that is not part of the BES environment...

jibi 08-16-2006 10:58 AM

If it makes you feel any better, you can't even get it working remotely from client/server from one BES to another... :)

jibi 08-19-2006 06:07 PM

Now available.

jmanford 11-06-2006 12:39 PM

I'm trying to get the user administration tool to work. However, when I start the user administration service I get the following error: Windows could not start the blackberry user adminstration service on the local comuter. If this is a non-Microsoft service, contact the vendor,and refer to server-specific error code 0.

Event log gives me same thing. I'm running 4.1.2.25 for the Manager on my BES and am using the 4.1.0.9 resource kit.

Nashkat 11-06-2006 03:19 PM

I understand from reading the documentation that this can be installed on any Excahnge environment client and does not need to be installed on the BES itself.

What/where is the best place to install and run this srevice?

Would my desktop be fine or is it really best to just run it from the BES?

x14 11-06-2006 03:25 PM

You should know that it does not collect data for "Message FROM". SDR103844 was created for this issue.

Frank Castle 11-08-2006 09:15 AM

Confirm?

I have been trying to get this to work and wrote to RIM to which I was told:

"the current Resource Kit 4.1.0.9 is not going to work with BES 4.1 SP2. I have to wait for a Resource Kit that will work with this version of BES.

Is this true?? SP2 has been out awhile - I think I remember reading that Resource Kits follow 6-8 weeks after a SP release.

Any direction would be helpful, trying to get the admin tasks in BerryStats working.

Jeff

x14 11-08-2006 10:45 AM

I've been running historicalstats.exe agains the 4.1 SP2 logs.

edonin 11-14-2006 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmanford
I'm trying to get the user administration tool to work. However, when I start the user administration service I get the following error: Windows could not start the blackberry user adminstration service on the local comuter. If this is a non-Microsoft service, contact the vendor,and refer to server-specific error code 0.

I wound up with that same error code when installing the BESUserAdminService under 4.1SP2. This, despite the fact that I installed the service the same way under 4.1.0.9, as I had under earlier RK versions. RIM wasn't able to give me any clue to what was going on.

The BES itself was processing messages fine, but I couldn't get the BESUserAdminService to run worth a dang.

After poking around the Registry, I found out that the installation program was assigning default values to the MAPI Profile, similar to below:

hkcu\software\RIM\Admin = <correct MAPI>

hkcu\software\RIM\Agents = BlackberryServer

hkcu\software\RIM\DBConsistancy = BlackberryServer

hkcu\software\RIM\Management= BlackberryServer

hkcu\software\RIM\Manager\ExchangeAdapter= BlackberryServer

From where and how the install procedure decided to assign this default profile name beats me, but once I corrected the MAPI Profile labels in the registry and restarted services, I was able to get the BESUserAdminService to start correctly without the error code.

jibi 11-14-2006 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jletendre
I think I remember reading that Resource Kits follow 6-8 weeks after a SP release.

It took 4 months for 4.1.0 to come out, and we've yet to see a 4.1.1 release. I wouldn't hold your breath on 4.1.2 anytime soon.