BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 8900 Series Discussion - Javelin (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   What accesories do you have/bought for your Javelin? (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=178264)

LaoMayer 02-25-2009 04:02 PM

What accesories do you have/bought for your Javelin?

Today I purchased a black skin for my beloved 8900, just like this one: Blackberry Source.com - BlackBerry Curve 8900 Skin Case (Black)

The only thing difference was the price, which amazed me: 3$. The quality of the rubber is A+, never thought it could be this goos. It so smooth it feels like velvet.

Anyway, on my way home, I thought about starting this thread. This way we can give some info and ideas to others about what to shop, where, how much it costs and the most important thing: if it's worthed!

Helmdawg 02-25-2009 05:21 PM

I bought the OEM grey gel skin, screen protectors by screen patronus, OEM leather holster case, right angle charging adapter and micro to mini adapter..

wobly 02-25-2009 05:25 PM

I bought some MiniUSB to MicroUSB adapters, the BSE (skin), a crappy plastic case with a swivel clip and ordered a leather case with a swivel clip.
What I WANT to order is a Body Glove Silicone case with swivel clip. But, it doesn't exist yet. :P

raja_3012 02-25-2009 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaoMayer (Post 1299116)
Today I purchased a black skin for my beloved 8900, just like this one: Blackberry Source.com - BlackBerry Curve 8900 Skin Case (Black)

The only thing difference was the price, which amazed me: 3$. The quality of the rubber is A+, never thought it could be this goos. It so smooth it feels like velvet.

Anyway, on my way home, I thought about starting this thread. This way we can give some info and ideas to others about what to shop, where, how much it costs and the most important thing: if it's worthed!

Did you mean the skin cost you $3... i tried to buy it and it is showing at $9.99. Is there any promo code which you may want us to try out? The skin looks decent but cannot comment in details until I use it.

ricpac 02-25-2009 05:56 PM

^^ yup, it's $9.99.

OT: where can I get a screen protector? shop.blackberry.com and blackberryden.com both don't have it yet :oops:

341EastOf 02-25-2009 07:23 PM

Wirelessly posted

I have only bought mini to micro USB adaptors so far. But I will probably buy a black battery door cover for my girlfriend. She does not like the gray cover.

illcoolz 02-25-2009 07:50 PM

I bought a bunch of skins, and the dock

Helmdawg 02-25-2009 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ricpac (Post 1299268)
^^ yup, it's $9.99.

OT: where can I get a screen protector? shop.blackberry.com and blackberryden.com both don't have it yet :oops:

screen patronus or horizon wireless...

TheBigNewt 02-25-2009 08:26 PM

I bought a BSE setup for $10 (only used the pieces for the back, screen, and front top), and the RIM dock for bedside charging/clock use ($17). I love the bedside clock feature. I use the included leather pouch for carrying in my pocket. I got a car charger too. I sent the RIM indigo blue leather pouch ($30 plus ship. Now it's listed at $20 here Blackberry Source.com - BlackBerry 8900 Curve Leather Pocket Case (Black)) back. It was too tight and pushed keys when inserted.

mDRagON- 02-25-2009 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBigNewt (Post 1299447)
I bought a BSE setup for $10 (only used the pieces for the back, screen, and front top), and the RIM dock for bedside charging/clock use ($17). I love the bedside clock feature. I use the included leather pouch for carrying in my pocket. I got a car charger too. I sent the RIM indigo blue leather pouch ($30 plus ship. Now it's listed at $20 here Blackberry Source.com - BlackBerry 8900 Curve Leather Pocket Case (Black)) back. It was too tight and pushed keys when inserted.

Where did you find the dock?8-)

esbe02 02-25-2009 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mDRagON- (Post 1299494)
Where did you find the dock?8-)

From what I've seen, best price is $17 (includes shipping) on eBay. Just type in "8900 oem craddle"

As for myself, I got black oem silicon skin (ebay it, should go for about $7 includes shipping), cheapo car charger, and invisible shield. Overall, I think my 8900 is well protected from scratches and dings. I highly recommend the OEM silicon skin, not only it protects the phone but it offers some grip to the device as we all know it can be "a slippery sucker."

I've been eyeing the craddle, but yet to order it... maybe if the price drops just a tad more, I might be tempted to order one.

Winston S. 02-25-2009 11:29 PM

Clarivue Anti-Glare Screen Protector
Innocase II
BSE
Mini to micro USB adapters on the way.
Innocase dock pending.

ChumsGum 02-25-2009 11:51 PM

i am addicted to buying new stuff for my 8900. lets see before i even got my phone i bought-

8gb microsd card ($19 amazon)
2 micro-mini usb adapters ($2 each amazon)
best skin ever ($10)

after i got my phone i bought-

a black OEM skin ($5 ebay)
a retractable car charger ($5 ebay)
a cheapo hong kong ebay wall charger with battery ($12 ebay)
looking to getting a zagg earbud set ($80 zagg)
and possibly an OEM blue or red battery door

sleeper55 02-26-2009 01:21 AM

i got the charging pod (actually two of em, one for my charger by the bed and the other for the data cable on my desk)

it is $12.99 at newegg.com

Newegg.com - BlackBerry 84575 Silver Chrome Desktop Charging Pod for 8900 - Cell Phone Accessories

LaoMayer 02-26-2009 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raja_3012 (Post 1299251)
Did you mean the skin cost you $3... i tried to buy it and it is showing at $9.99. Is there any promo code which you may want us to try out? The skin looks decent but cannot comment in details until I use it.

IF I got a code for the shop I mentioned, I would have give it. As you can see, I'm located in Romania (European Union) and I bought the skin from a Orange shop here. Orange is the biggest carrier here in Romania, followed by Vodafone and Cosmote.

PCgirl 02-26-2009 02:20 AM

(y)We ordered and received the OEM charging pods, black Innocase II from Seidio, a bunch of micro to mini USB adaptors from Cellguru and 8gb MicroSD cards from Newegg.

(n)We also ordered the screen guards from Amazon but they never showed up so we tried to ask for tracking info (no response) and then cancel (no response) and had no choice but to do a chargeback on our credit card.

Anyway, I usually order our pre-cut screen guards from Seidio but it looks like their screens guards are the same ones they sell for the 8300. So, the entire screen wouldn't be covered.

Can anyone recommend a good pre-cut screen guard that fits the entire 8900 screen? Thanks. :smile:

velocity92c 02-26-2009 06:56 AM

I bought the leather case + car charger from the T-mo store.

Cory Scheuer 02-26-2009 10:34 AM

Seidio innocase holster
Seidio Spring holster
CCG Burning screen protector
BB genuine skin
Charging dock
Leather holster
micro fiber cloth
4GB SD card
8900 Seidio extended battery (on its way)

e1000 02-26-2009 11:05 AM

Seidio 1600mAh slim battery
2x charging cradle
16GB micro SDHC card
black, red, and blue battery covers (red and blue are on thier way)

Winston S. 02-26-2009 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PCgirl (Post 1299817)
Can anyone recommend a good pre-cut screen guard that fits the entire 8900 screen? Thanks. :smile:

My Clarivue screen protector covers 97% of the screen. How much of the screen is everything else covering?