BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   BlackBerry In the News (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Sorry PlayBook Owners... (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=264644)

dc/dc 06-28-2013 08:25 AM

Sorry PlayBook Owners...

No BB10 for you!

BlackBerry 10 not coming to BlackBerry PlayBook tablets

NJBlackBerry 06-28-2013 08:29 PM

Re: Sorry PlayBook Owners...

Pity that BlackBerry strung users along for so long only to pull the rug out.
The faithful are in an uproar.

It was a failure in any event.

Dubdub 06-29-2013 07:43 AM

Blackberry / RIM had no business what so ever in the tablet market IMHO. It wasn't one they could win nor compete very well.

I think the BB needs to get back to their strengths - corporate device, security, quality - which has really slipped over the last year or two.

aiharkness 06-29-2013 03:51 PM

Sad to say, but what's new?

Bacchus15 06-30-2013 04:51 PM

Indeed: BlackBerry PlayBook will not be upgraded to BlackBerry 10

Oh well was fun while it lasted, i'll keep using my playbook till it dies then will see what out there...Ipad...no flash, Android also no flash...but there a way to put it.

dc/dc 06-30-2013 05:59 PM

Who really cares about Flash? It's not the future.

daphne 06-30-2013 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dc/dc (Post 1805306)

But flash is still now, love it or hate it. I'm not really surprised about no BB10 for the PlayBook. It's still very useful to me and I use it every day, in fact. A lot more than my Surface Pro. The. Surface Pro is not that great as a tablet, but is awesome as a laptop replacement. The Surface RT doesn't have enough apps.

dc/dc 07-01-2013 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daphne (Post 1805323)
But flash is still now, love it or hate it.

I can literally count the number of times on one hand where I have been hampered by the lack of Flash on my mobile devices.

rightcoast 07-01-2013 11:09 AM

Ya, I'm in the same boat. Confusing signals from BB for sure. Getting out of the tablet business...which they COULD easily have done right...timing is everything.
I suppose at $120.00 for an amazing tablet, I should not complain, but it, and my phone, will sadly, be may last BB products. As a retired FED, I fully understand the corporate focus, but for my day to day needs, I no longer need that kind of security. They are now giving away BBM, and Whatsapp works well, so tell me why I should stay with BB? I know, not a nice post from a Canadian on Canada day, but the writing is on the wall.

daphne 07-01-2013 11:10 PM

With BBM going cross platform, you may still be able to use it on another device. Whatsapp is about the worst private nightmare around

rightcoast 07-02-2013 05:54 AM

Ya, if BBM works on android, there will really be nothing from keeping me from changing platforms. The reason I switched to BB in the first place, was to keep in contact with my daughters who both have BB phones, and messenger was the easiest, and cheapest way (no data charges for BB phones here) to keep in contact. Other than that, the phone...used as an actual phone, there was no specific technical reason I chose a BB phone. Now my oldest daughters' company has dumped BB, so I need to use Whatsapp to text her...I know, crap/privacy etc., but it seems to work flawlessly on my 9380...so far. My youngest has also announced that when her contract is up, she will be leaving, what she and many of her friends, who were, loyal BB customers, a sinking ship. If someone could explain who they will remain viable and relevant, when they are turning their back on on non-corporate/enterprise customers. They think tablets are a "fad"? I'm not sure what focus groups they are using, but they aren't North American for sure. Epic fail. Being a Canadian, I feel this is a sad day.

jimfraser 07-04-2013 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dc/dc (Post 1805306)

Even my Q10 has flash.
One of my favorite sites has a live web cam of a beach down south that uses flash. I looked at it when the weather is bad up north. Checked it out yesterday on my Q10 and it worked perfectly. Glad the Q10 (and PB) has flash. Not essential (unlike a useful Bridge for BB10 devices), but a plus to have it.

rambo47 07-20-2013 02:10 PM

This blows. I have been holding onto my PlayBook just to see what BlackBerry would do with it. I love the design and feel of it. Great screen. But ultimately not so useful and I've been hoping BlackBerry would eventually show me something. I just didn't know that 'something' was the end of the line. I'll still find some things to use it for. I guess I was hoping for something more from BlackBerry though.

daphne 07-20-2013 02:22 PM

never mind...

NoBox 07-28-2013 01:50 AM

As I posted before I bought Playbooks to check out the advertising claims of the "New BlackBerry and touchscreen devices. At the time I owned multiple BlackBerry devices.

They served their purpose very well. Then they were worth cash for trade ins on Samsung Note 8.0 tablets like the one I'm using for this post.

I had a strong emotional attachment to BlackBerry products. But eventhough this thing has Warts I just had to change.

I'm having a hard time adjusting to the virtual touchscreen. So today I went to buy a Q10. Not one local store had one. All said they didn't sell so they stopped stocking and selling them. Mores the pity.

NJBlackBerry 07-28-2013 07:55 AM

A strong emotional attachment towards a company is not always healthy.

rambo47 07-28-2013 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoBox (Post 1806285)
As I posted before I bought Playbooks to check out the advertising claims of the "New BlackBerry and touchscreen devices. At the time I owned multiple BlackBerry devices.

They served their purpose very well. Then they were worth cash for trade ins on Samsung Note 8.0 tablets like the one I'm using for this post.

I had a strong emotional attachment to BlackBerry products. But eventhough this thing has Warts I just had to change.

I'm having a hard time adjusting to the virtual touchscreen. So today I went to buy a Q10. Not one local store had one. All said they didn't sell so they stopped stocking and selling them. Mores the pity.

My local AT&T store has them in stock. So does Verizon (my present carrier). AT&T has NOT stopped selling them.

NoBox 07-29-2013 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJBlackBerry (Post 1806287)
A strong emotional attachment towards a company is not always healthy.

Forgive the awkward wording. It was tne products, not the company. I said that. But it could have been emphasized.

NoBox 07-29-2013 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rambo47 (Post 1806288)
My local AT&T store has them in stock. So does Verizon (my present carrier). AT&T has NOT stopped selling them.

Didn't say they had. No need to be argumentative.