BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General BlackBerry Discussion (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Desktop Manager Problem - Please help (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=265028)

Bigsur 08-19-2013 08:51 AM

Desktop Manager Problem - Please help

Hi, I've researched this issue and none of the resolutions seem to work....plus I keep finding resolutions per older versions.

I'm running Windows 8 on a Toshiba laptop with Bb Desktop Manager software Version 7.1.4.....or whatever version is most recent. When I try to configure my organizer, no profile is listed for MS Outlook. I DO have a profile loaded and even loaded a new one to see if it would show...but nothing. I've gone through setting after setting to resolve this with no effect.

Anybody???

ZombieBerry 08-19-2013 09:01 AM

Re: Desktop Manager Problem - Please help

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/b...ListHelperImpl

Bigsur 08-20-2013 09:39 AM

I cannot find the option to disable the wireless sync option on my Blackberry. It is not listed as the instruction states.

Bigsur 08-20-2013 09:50 AM

I should also note that I've been using this phone and syncing my MS Outlook data for 4 or 5 years...no issues until I switched to a new machine with Windows 8 and MS Outlook 2010

ZombieBerry 08-20-2013 09:54 AM

KB22430-How to enable or disable wireless contact synchronization with BlackBerry Internet Service

Bigsur 08-20-2013 10:04 AM

Nope...still not getting that option through my Bb. When I get into my sync options for the mail account on my BB Bold, the only option even listed is "deleted items". Conversely, when I go into options under my contacts, the only thing listed under "contacts lists" is "default". If I choose "default", the only thing I see is "number of entries - 500.

ZombieBerry 08-20-2013 10:55 AM

KB12268-Synchronization support for BlackBerry Desktop Software for Windows

Bigsur 08-21-2013 09:29 AM

All I can assume from the last post was to confirm compatability......so still needing resolution to this problem.

Anyone else????

My next step is to call my service provider tech support and see if they have an idea as to why this is happening.

ZombieBerry 08-21-2013 09:32 AM

I would call your carrier and ask to be escalated to BlackBerry tech support. That you completely wipe your account from the Berry and try adding the information. If the sync option isn't there, I don't see what we can do.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

Bigsur 08-21-2013 09:58 AM

Will contact Bb tech support and see what they say. Might just be time for a new phone. :) THanks for the help.

tsac 08-21-2013 10:43 AM

You did not state so but if your on a corporate BB they can restrict options including Sync methods. Do you have BIS or BES service?

Bigsur 08-22-2013 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsac (Post 1807103)
You did not state so but if your on a corporate BB they can restrict options including Sync methods. Do you have BIS or BES service?

No I don't. Like I stated, never had this issue until I upgraded my laptop to Windows 8 and BBDM to 7.1.

Problem is I think I'm dead in the water too b/c won't Blackberry charge me for support? I've had this phone for about 4 years now.

ZombieBerry 08-22-2013 09:55 AM

Call your carrier and ask for escalation

Bigsur 08-22-2013 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZombieBerry (Post 1807144)
Call your carrier and ask for escalation

Thanks I will do that.

rambo47 08-22-2013 12:25 PM

Windows 8 still has issues with lots of aftermarket programs. You must have the .NET Framework 3.5 installed on Win8. Installing the .NET Framework 3.5 on Windows 8

ZombieBerry 08-22-2013 12:32 PM

Yeah, the issues with Windows 8 were listed in one of the webdocs.

His first step should have been a call to his carrier and ask for assistance and a possible bump to BB Tech Support.