BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   BES Admin Corner (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Duplicate Email Problem (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=153699)

masterzin 10-07-2008 11:09 AM

Duplicate Email Problem

I have a user with a BB 8830 running on BES, with Exchange 2003. This user has all inbox subfolders being reconciled and filtered. When the user recieves an email:
In outlook - The email goes only to the correct folder based on rules
On BB - 1 copy of the email goes into the inbox and 1 copy goes into the proper subfolder

None of my other users are experiencing this issue and I cant seem to find a resolution.

I have wiped and re run enterprise activation, deleted and recreated the user profile, all to no avail.

Can anyone please help me to find a resolution? Thank you in advance!

MisterGriffiths 10-07-2008 11:27 AM

Have you found that this only happens with emails being moved by client side rules in Outlook and not the messages moved by the server side rules?

ZeroKool 10-07-2008 11:29 AM

Does the 1 copy that's on the blackberry inbox have a different icon next to it? like a folder?

Don't know exchange too well, but there is a "hide filed messages" option within the Messages Options on the Blackberry. Can try that.

masterzin 10-07-2008 12:12 PM

@MisterGriffiths
I am not sure about the client vs server rules, we just upgraded her workstation and the issue started appearing around the same time. How would I check this?

@ZeroKool
The icons appear to all be the same standard ones in the inbox (read/unread/etc...) Also, I tried the hide filed messages option and it did not appear to do anything at all.

Thank you for your assistance thus far!

SmoothRunnings 10-07-2008 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by masterzin (Post 1128113)
I have a user with a BB 8830 running on BES, with Exchange 2003. This user has all inbox subfolders being reconciled and filtered. When the user recieves an email:
In outlook - The email goes only to the correct folder based on rules
On BB - 1 copy of the email goes into the inbox and 1 copy goes into the proper subfolder

None of my other users are experiencing this issue and I cant seem to find a resolution.

I have wiped and re run enterprise activation, deleted and recreated the user profile, all to no avail.

Can anyone please help me to find a resolution? Thank you in advance!

If the phones has BIS accounts in the past you will have to disable them, BIS account is when the user has a ....blackberry.net email associate to the phones PIN number.

Also make sure the users Desktop Manager isn't setup to send emails from their outlook to their phone. I use nothing but Desktop Manager 4.6 now on all our machines because it's easier to not get confused on installing it and select the wrong settings. :)

MisterGriffiths 10-08-2008 04:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by masterzin (Post 1128210)
@MisterGriffiths
I am not sure about the client vs server rules, we just upgraded her workstation and the issue started appearing around the same time. How would I check this?

Thank you for your assistance thus far!

The rule in outlook will have something like (client-only) after its name for a rule than only runs when outlook is open.