BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   BlackBerry Help (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   error with BB pin in BB app world (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=245797)

darkstark 03-06-2011 08:11 AM

error with BB pin in BB app world

My bb app world worked fine, and then suddenly I had to regester for a bb pin. After I did that I can't use my bb app world any more. When It asks for the bb pin and I enter the email and password, it says an error has uccured, please try again later. Its been doing that the last month. Please help me
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

aiharkness 03-06-2011 08:13 AM

Re: error with BB pin in BB app world

In this last month, have you tried a hard reset and then immediately testing app world again?

A hard reset is a battery pull, with the power on, and at least a half minute wait before replacing the battery.

darkstark 03-06-2011 08:58 AM

I just tried that and didn't help. Still get the same error.

aiharkness 03-06-2011 09:00 AM

Try uninstalling app world. Do a hard reset. Then install app world again. Unless you've already tried that.

darkstark 03-06-2011 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aiharkness (Post 1705701)
Try uninstalling app world. Do a hard rest. Then install app world again. Unless you've already tried that.

how do I uninstall it? And what's a hard rest?

darkstark 03-06-2011 09:12 AM

Okay I know what a hard rest is.

aiharkness 03-06-2011 09:15 AM

Typo. Was supposed to be reset.

To remove the app, go into options, navigate to the applications list screen, find app world, and remove. How you get the applications screen depends on your OS. Try options > advanced options > applications, or options > applications.

htainleann 03-06-2011 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkstark (Post 1705688)
My bb app world worked fine, and then suddenly I had to regester for a bb pin. After I did that I can't use my bb app world any more. When It asks for the bb pin and I enter the email and password, it says an error has uccured, please try again later. Its been doing that the last month. Please help me

thz you

darkstark 03-06-2011 09:26 AM

My !! App world isn't even listed there. All my other apps is there. Except app world

aiharkness 03-06-2011 09:29 AM

Just to be sure...Are you looking on the right screen? Do you have one screen for all apps, or separate screens for core, add-on, and third-party? If the later, you want to be looking at add-on apps.

darkstark 03-06-2011 09:57 AM

Ok I found it. Uninstalled it, did the hard rest. And then installed it again. Still gives me the error when I put in the email and password

aiharkness 03-06-2011 10:04 AM

Best I can advise now is do a search here, at crackberry, and at the BlackBerry support site. I've seen your question multiple times but never a solution if the hard reset doesn't fix it.

For what it's worth, some people who have had the problem where the app world icon does not show up no matter what have corrected that problem by wiping the device and reinstalling the OS. So, if you find no other solution, you might try an OS upgrade, or else wipe and reinstall the OS you are running now.

But see what others say before you go to the trouble of wiping and reinstalling.

darkstark 03-06-2011 10:16 AM

Ok how do I upgrade the os? Or wipe it? Its the first time I've heard about this. Don't even know what the os is. Lol

aiharkness 03-06-2011 10:24 AM

OS is operating system. Find out what OS version you are running on the About screen in options. Then find the "latest OS" sticky thread here at blackberryforums.com for your model BlackBerry. If the latest is newer, consider upgrading. Follow the instructions exactly.

If you are using the latest OS, you have to wipe before you can reinstall. See How do I wipe the BlackBerry using Jl Cmder? - BlackBerryFAQ for instructions on using JL_CMDER and wiping the OS on the device.