BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 9000 Series Discussion - Bold (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   Have an Unlocked Bold? How to get ALL features (Browser & MMS) on T-Mobile USA!!! (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=161173)

BBSwany 11-24-2008 02:08 AM

Have an Unlocked Bold? How to get ALL features (Browser & MMS) on T-Mobile USA!!!

**This thread has been recreated with permission from CrackBerry.com forum member ptaylor**

***THIS PROCESS WILL WORK FOR AN UNLOCKED STORM AS WELL.***

This will be a step-by-step process to enable FULL functionality on your unlocked Bold on T-Mobile USA.

1) You will need to download a couple files:

T-Mobile Service Books ZIP File

CrackUtil ZIP File

What is CrackUtil? Click Here

SPECIAL NOTE TO WINDOWS VISTA USERS!!
For Microsoft Vista, an additional step is needed after installation on all versions.
Right click on the CrackUtil icon and scroll to Properties. Select Properties and then on the next panel, select Compatability and then click Run this program as an administrator. This only need to be done once right after installation.
Note the check in the Run this program as an administrator box. This only has to be done once. This procedure needs to be repeated for the program javaloader.exe which resides in the C:\Program Files\CrackUtil.

ADDITIONAL NOTE TO VISTA USERS
It seems many of you are having difficulty getting Vista and CrackUtil to play nicely together. If you have followed the extra step for Vista users above, and are still having issues such as "Access Denied", you need to follow these alternative instructions. You still need the Generic service books above. Once downloaded, unzip by right clicking on the zip file and select extract all. You will also need a copy of your Bolds operating system installed on your pc. You can find the os version you have by going to options>about on your Bold. For most of you it will be v4.6.0.167 or .185. The latest versions can be found right here on the forum, http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...ilanguage.html Once downloaded, launch to install to your pc. Next right click on your desktop and select to create "new folder". Now go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\{Your OS Here}\Java. Locate the module net_rim_bb_browser_daemon typically in the fourth row down. CAREFULLY right click on it and select cut. Close the window, open the folder you created on your desktop and paste the module into there. Close the folder. Now open Desktop Manager and run Application loader Add/Remove. The module will be removed. Once that is successful move on to step #2 (below) to load the T-Mobile service books. When that is done, open the folder you created on the desktop. Right click on the module and select cut. Return to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\{Your OS Here}\Java. Right click and paste the module back to it's original location. Close the window and again open Desktop Manager and run Application Loader Add/Remove. At this point you will have a working browser.

2) Connect the Bold (and leave connected throughout the procedure) to pc and open CrackUtil. Select the File Manipulation Tab, then Retrieve File Listing. Scroll down until you see the module net_rim_bb_browser_daemon And select "Remove File From Device".You will likely get either an Exception or Uncaught Exception Error Or Grid Index Out of Range at this point. That's normal, ignore and continue.

**CRACKUTIL MAY OR MAY NOT DETECT THE BOLD AFTER YOU REMOVE net_rim_bb_browser_daemon. YOU WILL NEED TO RESTART YOUR COMPUTER TO CONTINUE**

3) Now open Desktop Manager>Backup and Restore>Advanced.
On the left hit file and open the service books you downloaded and unzipped. Hit the button in the middle to transfer them to the Bold.

4) Close Desktop Manager and open CrackUtil. Again in the File Manipulation Tab, select "Load File to Device" to replace the net_rim_bb_browser_daemon module. Exit CrackUtil. You can now disconnect from pc. You should have a working Browser now. Resend service books from T-Mobile to get your email service books. Also you need tcp configurations in Options > Advanced Options > TCP. APN should say wap.voicestream.com Nothing under user name or password.

If all is working well, create a back-up to prevent having to repeat this procedure.**

**I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO BACKUP ALL THE SERVICE BOOKS INTO A RESTORE FILE. SO THIS PROCESS MAY HAVE TO BE REPEATED FOR OS UPDATES, RESTORE, ETC.

Feel free to direct questions to myself or to the OP. Thanks for reading and enjoy a fully functioning Bold OR Storm on T-Mobile U.S.
8-)

kcollymore 11-24-2008 09:09 AM

hi ppl i have a BB Bold and its locked to Digicel network only can this software unlock the phone to work with any network?

Interpol 11-24-2008 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcollymore (Post 1180731)
hi ppl i have a BB Bold and its locked to Digicel network only can this software unlock the phone to work with any network?

This software doesn't unlock anything, you need an unlocked Bold for it to work.

BBSwany 11-24-2008 11:51 AM

Quote:

Yes. This was the entirely wrong place to ask though. Please start a new thread.

jeremyckitching 11-24-2008 12:12 PM

Nice! I was wanting a Bold but also wanted the default browser and other things. I still may just wait for the Curve 8900.

datboi305 12-02-2008 01:22 AM

man this sure does seem hard. i hope i dont mess up my storm. if anything i could just wipe it and install the OS over again right ?

datboi305 12-02-2008 02:05 AM

well i tried it just now an im getting uncaught exception: application registry. wait for (0x3bc6259193b4b87c) timeout.......<-------what does this mean ? also when i try and use crackutil it says file access denied ? i just want my storm to work with everything on tmobile........please help guys

mckinneycm 12-02-2008 03:00 PM

Quote:

No, this will not unlock your Bold. You will need to have your carrier or a third party such as HorizonWirelessOnline.com - Horizon Wireless, The World&rsquo;s Cellular Repair Center ß unlock it for you.

PhoneHand 12-04-2008 12:53 PM

On step 3 when I select the service books it wont let me add it. the arrow in the middle of the two windows does not highlight to click to the right and add to device... any help??

acnst 12-04-2008 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhoneHand (Post 1196011)
On step 3 when I select the service books it wont let me add it. the arrow in the middle of the two windows does not highlight to click to the right and add to device... any help??

Is your device connected to a BES?

ad65 12-04-2008 01:50 PM

I have the same issue and I am on a BES.

PhoneHand 12-04-2008 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acnst (Post 1196059)
Is your device connected to a BES?

yea, any suggestions :(

mckinneycm 12-04-2008 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhoneHand (Post 1196191)
yea, any suggestions :(

You're SOL...the BES is probably setup to block you from doing that to your device.

BBSwany 12-04-2008 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhoneHand (Post 1196011)

You need to take your device off your BES, complete the process, then re-register the device on your BES. Just make sure your BES Admin allows you to have your Browser & MMS. (y)

mckinneycm 12-04-2008 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbswany (Post 1196207)
You need to take your device off your BES, complete the process, then re-register the device on your BES. Just make sure your BES Admin allows you to have your Browser & MMS. (y)

You'd have to remove the IT Policy as well. Just de-activating the BES is not enough.

BBSwany 12-04-2008 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mckinneycm (Post 1196212)
You'd have to remove the IT Policy as well. Just de-activating the BES is not enough.

True. Didn't even think of that! (y)

PhoneHand 12-04-2008 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mckinneycm (Post 1196212)

How do I remove the IT policy? I just de activated BES
tnx

PhoneHand 12-04-2008 06:24 PM

damn this really sucks I did a master reset and still no go :( before the upgrade I had the browser and all on the phone now nothing

NJBlackBerry 12-04-2008 06:35 PM

Did you remove the IT Policy?

Get a copy of the latest version of Javaloader. Not where you saved it.

Open a DOS prompt and type

Javaloader -u resettofactory

It will remove the Policy.

This process does work. It takes quite a while and is a bit of a pain.

But it works.

PhoneHand 12-04-2008 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJBlackBerry (Post 1196571)
Did you remove the IT Policy?

Get a copy of the latest version of Javaloader. Not where you saved it.

Open a DOS prompt and type

Javaloader -u resettofactory

It will remove the Policy.

This process does work. It takes quite a while and is a bit of a pain.

But it works.

Is javaloader a windows app?
A link would be fantastic

thanks